Desktop Computers

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It might've been a higher up model but Amazon listed them. They had a SKU for it but the box would show up with the giant MX REDS sticker on the outside

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Because I don't think these actually exist. I'd own one if they did.

I might buy a K65 with silvers or reds if I see one go below 90 dollars.
I've got the K70 LUX, with just red backlit keys, and comes in different switches. I got the brown switches, and it's pretty great.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I've got the K70 LUX, with just red backlit keys, and comes in different switches. I got the brown switches, and it's pretty great.
I think I'm just done with the numpad. Especially with standing desks.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Das keyboards we're all the rage back in like 2008

My buddy has been using the same Das keyboard for 10 years. It's been beat to shit and used almost literally every day for several hours a day. Zero damage, no problems, not even cosmetic. Thing is a beast. I think he replaced some switches out of preference, wasn't even necessary from what I remember. Still using it right now.

I personally have a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate X or whatever the version is that I got on an Amazon Prime Day sale for about $45 a couple years ago. Thing is still crispy, no issues. I only used it on my PS4 though, but will be using it on my new PC until it dies. Thing is definitely solid, the casing for it is extremely strong and heavy. Keys feel great. Haven't messed with the Synapse software, it just glows green on keypress by default, but haven't had any issues with it in that regard. I don't know how much they are now, but maybe I wouldn't pay $200 for it or whatever but if you can find it as cheap as I did or even close, not a bad deal.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Can anyone actually find this monitor for sale anywhere?

Amazon product ASIN B06XMRQ68B
its supposed to come with their new technology for switches called romer G switches (they claim its 25% faster input) all i can find is cherry MX blue

ive tried looking everywhere but i cannot find the ones with romer G switches, it seems each brand now has their own new tech for faster gaming switches im going back n forth like crazy right now, i want that keyboard specifically but i wanna try any of the "new tech switches" out though

so ive checked out some hyperX they seem nice
Logitech looks good but cant find any with the new romer G switches
razer has 2 options im interested in with their new switches.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
yeah im not sure why, im on the hunt for keyboards with MX silvers, actually trying to google them or even search for them specifically anywhere is kinda rough im not getting many options

if anyone can direct me to a decent site where i can possibly find keyboards with that specific tech, even when i type in google "gaming keyboards with MX silver switches" everything BUT keyboards with MX silvers show up, i found a bunch of logitechs with romer G but appearently that sucks, so if anyone can help me find a decent keyboard with MX silvers ill suck yo dickkkk

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What do you want "faster input" for and what does that mean to you? Less travel time?

Gamed with the LG display tonight. I think the only display that has ever looked nicer to me was my MacBook pro. This thing is super nice. 144hz, 1440p, IPS panel, fast response. Everything I wanted.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
What do you want "faster input" for and what does that mean to you? Less travel time?

Gamed with the LG display tonight. I think the only display that has ever looked nicer to me was my MacBook pro. This thing is super nice. 144hz, 1440p, IPS panel, fast response. Everything I wanted.

yeah more or less faster response time for quicker inputs

Argarth

On the verandah

its supposed to come with their new technology for switches called romer G switches (they claim its 25% faster input) all i can find is cherry MX blue

ive tried looking everywhere but i cannot find the ones with romer G switches, it seems each brand now has their own new tech for faster gaming switches im going back n forth like crazy right now, i want that keyboard specifically but i wanna try any of the "new tech switches" out though

I have this keyboard, and it has the Romer-G Tactile Keys:

I've tried a lot of keyboards out (3 Computer stores with showrooms close to home) and the Romer-G switchers are unique imo. They don't have a "click", but you can just feel the actuation as you push through it (hence the "tactile" moniker) and there is a satisfying muted "clack" as the keys bottom out.

Of course it's a very personal preference, but I can't imagine using anything else now. Would highly recommend testing them out if you can get some hands on.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
My buddy has been using the same Das keyboard for 10 years. It's been beat to shit and used almost literally every day for several hours a day. Zero damage, no problems, not even cosmetic. Thing is a beast. I think he replaced some switches out of preference, wasn't even necessary from what I remember. Still using it right now.

I personally have a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate X or whatever the version is that I got on an Amazon Prime Day sale for about $45 a couple years ago. Thing is still crispy, no issues. I only used it on my PS4 though, but will be using it on my new PC until it dies. Thing is definitely solid, the casing for it is extremely strong and heavy. Keys feel great. Haven't messed with the Synapse software, it just glows green on keypress by default, but haven't had any issues with it in that regard. I don't know how much they are now, but maybe I wouldn't pay $200 for it or whatever but if you can find it as cheap as I did or even close, not a bad deal.

I have a DasKeyboard S Professional with Cherry MX browns and I've been using it every single day for at least a decade now. It functions identically to the day I bought it. I won't be buying a new keyboard until this one dies and that seems like it is going to be at least another 5 to 10 years.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

the pro x has replaceable g switches - I have it with both blue and brown and it’s my all time favorite keyboard. Only available direct from Logitech though

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
yeah im not sure why, im on the hunt for keyboards with MX silvers, actually trying to google them or even search for them specifically anywhere is kinda rough im not getting many options

if anyone can direct me to a decent site where i can possibly find keyboards with that specific tech, even when i type in google "gaming keyboards with MX silver switches" everything BUT keyboards with MX silvers show up, i found a bunch of logitechs with romer G but appearently that sucks, so if anyone can help me find a decent keyboard with MX silvers ill suck yo dickkkk
Corsair brands MX Silvers as MX Speed.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
what keyboard would you guys recommend? the only reason i was looking at razer products was compatibility and the huntsmans is supposed to have
Fastest Keyboard Switches Ever

Silvers or Reds. Silvers were very much a pain to type on, but perfect for gaming. I use reds myself. Plus I could not find a TKL silver KB at the time.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
none of these images are showing up for me

for anyone who posted a pic of their keyboard repost please they all broke

also found this other switch omnipoint from steel series i guess so maybe this one is the real deal lmao
but i think they are only found in the
SteelSeries Apex Pro
right now

still curious about the Razer Opto Mechanical switch, because that huntsman keyboard interest me i almost wanna drop 200$ and see if steel series omnipoint is really that legit

this probably what ima settle on CORSAIR K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mechanical RAPIDFIRE Gaming Keyboard , but for 50$ extra that steelseries apex pro is tempting me, looks like most keyboards using these newer switches are no less than like 150-200

what i comes down to for me is the 50$ difference in price over the corsair worth it?

Last edited:

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I need a small mouse roughly this shape:

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

but with a spreadsheet friendly scrollwheel that rolls smooth. Bonus points for being wireless and/or having an unlockable wheel similar to the G502

Any suggestions?