Desktop Computers

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
now that deepcool is banned, the budget/powerhouse king is the
Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler, 6 Heat Pipes AGHP Technology, Dual 120mm PWM Fans, 1550RPM Speed, for AMD:AM4 AM5/Intel LGA 1700/1150/1151/1200,PC Cooler
b9ef7ec92137c98101ce2ece3e662379.png
Picked one of these up, it knocked 20c off my max CPU temps. Case closed for now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
Yea, I went through everything and have WinDBG to view the mini dumps which didn't really give any clues. There seemed to be a mention of nVidia in one of the dumps but with other problems, it didn't really fit. I'm hard wired only into the motherboard.

As Lanx said, I don't have built-in Wi-fi, but I've updated all the drivers for the motherboard like Chipset, and made sure I'm on latest BIOS firmware. I've replaced the power supply, and SSD, and swapped RAM sticks around after a clean memtest86 to just make sure. Temps according to HWW Monitor were all fine even under load, as a thought I had was maybe the AIO pump or something went bad and it was freezing due to heat, but again that wouldn't be causing DPC Watchdog Violation blue screens.

I forgot AM5 had come out and while the speed boost from the new CPU and DDR5 would be nice, I think I'll just look up prices on that 5800x3d.
I had a CPU start dying on me, and it gave me all kinds of fucked up errors. Then I ran a Linpack benchmark on it, and it would shit itself on the spot, and every single time I tried to run it. Intel sent out a new CPU right away, so no big deal.

Dumbest error I had as an Intel NIC that was spittling power into the chassis. NIC worked fine, computer worked fine unless I put my hand on the lid, then it would reboot. Took me a while to figure out because what is the first thing you do when diagnosing hardware errors? Take the lid off and leave it off. Motherfuckers.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Dumbest error I had as an Intel NIC that was spittling power into the chassis. NIC worked fine, computer worked fine unless I put my hand on the lid, then it would reboot. Took me a while to figure out because what is the first thing you do when diagnosing hardware errors? Take the lid off and leave it off. Motherfuckers.
i could never get the intel onboard nic i225 working at 2.5gbe, i was actually happy to get it at gigabyte speeds, then when i upgraded my network to 2.5gbe, i just bought an add in card, said fuck you intel.

it's all intel fault