Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I tried to defend it in the beginning but im jumping off the train now. All this game has going for it is the solid shooter mechanics, other than that this is nothing but a shell of its former self. No redeeming qualities at all.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I've been on Skyrim VR's nuts lately but these changes will get me interested again. Already paid for DLC2 so I'd be back anyway tho.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
After someone mentioned that Destiny 2 was on sale at Best Buy for $10 this week I was motivated to think about how we got here.

I rewatched the original opening cinematic complete with Bill Nighy's narration and you know what? I STILL want to play that game...

The whole bit where the Traveller is the Darkness and isn't protecting humanity so much as using the Last City as a human shield etc.

*sigh*

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, I know that feeling. After watching the upcoming Warmind reveal trailer, I jumped back into the game and played through DLC1 Curse of Osiris (what a shitty DLC). Doesn't seem that all that much has changed since I stopped playing.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Such garbage compared to D1. Warmind DLC comes out 1 week from today, with some improvements to the overall game (even for those that don't buy the dlc), so hopeful it recaptures some of the D1 magic...but not getting my hopes up.

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, D2 fucking sucked. I loved my time with D1 and it's flabbergasting how backwards they went with D2. Equally frustrating is that the gameplay itself is crisp and a blast to play, but the experience is hollow and without depth.

Haven't played any of the DLC. With how bad it was at launch, I'm over Destiny.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I figure when they stop releasing content for the Season pass I bought, I'll log back in and play the game again to see where the chips landed.

If it's anything like the division, it'll be too little too late.

• 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They fucked up big time with this game. Whoever is calling the shots on this mess needs to be fired. They took something that was cool and unique in D1, except content was lacking, and changed the whole fucking formula when no one was asking for it. Im a huge Destiny fanboy but D2 was lacking in all respects. Loot sucks, everything is slower, PvP nerfed, abilities nerfed, guns nerfed, all the exotics are now boring as fuck, nothing to grind for, etc etc...

They even had their core of twitch diehards quit streaming this it was so fucking boring and no one watching. Its sad how utterly stupid people in leadership positions can be.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
all the exotics are now boring as fuck
Lots getting buffed with the dlc release next week.

Reddit seems pretty happy with where the game is/will be once Warmind drops, I haven't looked into it much but since I already paid I guess I'll be back soon.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
When you bump this thread, an angel commits suicide. Please sirs, think of the angels.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm still baffled why they kept the engine that takes computers running overnight to compile changes. I'm almost positive someone, somewhere said they were moving away from that and they didn't.

I really wanted this to be good but I'm damn sure not buying anything until it's way down the road and with more content if any at all. I don't know if they have the capabilities to add enough content to bring back the people they lost and I'm damn sure not going to be the guinea pig for the new DLC.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lots getting buffed with the dlc release next week.

Reddit seems pretty happy with where the game is/will be once Warmind drops, I haven't looked into it much but since I already paid I guess I'll be back soon.
Reddit is forever hopeful for upcoming content, then it becomes what it normally is... a cesspool of people bitching about how the game should have been.

• 1Solidarity

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I wonder what its like at Bungie right now. Do they know how bad it is? Surely they must right?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Oh I'm sure they know, they're probably the only people still playing the game.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I wonder what its like at Bungie right now. Do they know how bad it is? Surely they must right?

When your game makes hundreds of millions of dollars, I'm pretty sure a LOT of people stop giving a fuck and just attribute the noise to a vocal minority.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
This is a good argument for subscription-based revenue streams... if you need to keep people happy to pull in the big bucks vs one time sales things are different.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Such garbage compared to D1. Warmind DLC comes out 1 week from today, with some improvements to the overall game (even for those that don't buy the dlc), so hopeful it recaptures some of the D1 magic...but not getting my hopes up.

Summary?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

I saw a video with a dude bitching about the contract they struck with Activision. They were so arrogant about themselves, their name and their game, they basically fucked themselves, this is why they pushed most cool content into the cash shop in D2.