Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Ya, I like how they did pvp. Only advantage is the perks on weapons/armor really plus marginal differences in skills

Dizzam_sl

shitlord
Lol running the raid multiple times... that's funny. Too bad Bungie didn't think of this shit first.
I might actually go for this idea after finally defeating the raid boss last night and receiving... 3 Ascendent Energy. AscendentfuckingEnergy. Two people walked away with weapons, the rest of us enjoyed Bungie's sense of humor.

Also, did anyone else have problems with (what I think are) glitches while fighting that last boss? For example:

• only 2 ported in the time warp
  • walking through the active portal and not actually being ported anywhere
  • players that stay in the boss room having their screens go black
  • the little minions staying right next to the boss until all waves have spawned and then porting right next to players and blowing up
  • can't pick up the relic
  • whole team dying even though you blew up all the oracles
We had all of those happen last night. That last one almost cost us the kill: right when he died we all died and the skull/countdown appeared in the middle of our screens. We got our loot, but we couldn't respawn or anything.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When you hit rank 4 vanguard you get the same reward as hitting rank 3.
My rank 4 rewards from Vanguard was pretty good; Leggy Helm (I needed it), Leggy Voidwalker bond, Asc. Energy & Shard. I'm not a fan of all the other Factions needing Crucible marks to purchase their items, though if you're a good farmer, you can trade like 50 Material for 1 Crucible Mark.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I only have a few of the perks unlocked on thorn right now, but it is extremely underwhelming at the moment.
Thorn, Bad Juju, and Invective all suck. You're basically just doing one (or holding it in your bounty list) to remove it from the list of possible exotic bounties next time you get one. Once I get Pocket Infinity I'm just going to ignore them all.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Honestly I find the pvp to be the most fun thing in this game. There's a lot of one-shot shit, but basically everyone has that shit available and just has to learn counters to it. It's like shotgun/snipers in Halo, but ALL THE TIME. AKA Great.

Fucking Pikes and Interceptors though.

Fadaar

That guy
Thorn, Bad Juju, and Invective all suck. You're basically just doing one (or holding it in your bounty list) to remove it from the list of possible exotic bounties next time you get one. Once I get Pocket Infinity I'm just going to ignore them all.
I've got Pocket Infinity and Invective so far. Really like them, but man the magazine size on both is so so terrible. I know Pocket Infinity gets better when leveled but that'll still take a while.

Honestly I find the pvp to be the most fun thing in this game. There's a lot of one-shot shit, but basically everyone has that shit available and just has to learn counters to it. It's like shotgun/snipers in Halo, but ALL THE TIME. AKA Great.

Fucking Pikes and Interceptors though.
One thing I love about staying Gunslinger in PVP is just leaving my Golden Gun there until I need it, IE shitting on someone's face who's in a vehicle. Get out of here with that shit.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Ok this is a great idea. I can't believe I never thought of it.

If you can stomach it, make 3 level 20's of the same class. This will give you 3 times to do the vault every week for the class specific armor.
You just pass all your gear around on all 3 classes.

The reason why 3 different classes wont work is the armor will drop for your class specifically in the raid, and obviously you will be the same light level instantly at 20 on the other 2 alts.

With this method we have our first level 30 today.
That's pretty clever. Me and my buddy are making 3 characters to support our mains with strange coins and shards and motes from dailies etc. Also you have a 3x chance to get an exotic bounty. 3x chance to get exotic from weekly nightfall.

With the junk in my bank my warlock went from 20-24 instantly. Almost level 25 with no upgraded armor.

Fadaar

That guy
That's pretty clever. Me and my buddy are making 3 characters to support our mains with strange coins and shards and motes from dailies etc. Also you have a 3x chance to get an exotic bounty. 3x chance to get exotic from weekly nightfall.

With the junk in my bank my warlock went from 20-24 instantly. Almost level 25 with no upgraded armor.
Sigh don't tempt me. Though if you're only doing daily/weekly stuff and not faction or mark grinding it wouldn't be too painful.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Sigh don't tempt me. Though if you're only doing daily/weekly stuff and not faction or mark grinding it wouldn't be too painful.
I intend on playing the Warlock and grinding out rep on him because Sunsinger is fun as fuck. Sunsinger super + Pocket Infinity = Fire Rape Train

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've got Pocket Infinity and Invective so far. Really like them, but man the magazine size on both is so so terrible. I know Pocket Infinity gets better when leveled but that'll still take a while.
Eh, three characters doing all the bounties, a PE, and the heroic mission caps out an exotic weapon fast. I got Bad Juju on Saturday and it was maxed except for the final three upgrades (which there's no way in hell I'm doing on it anyway) by Sunday night. And yeah, I can't wait for Pocket Infinity with an 8-shot magazine. Also can't wait to get those 10 fusion rifles out of my goddamn bank.

Why does Thorn suck?
Terrible stats compared to other exotics or legendaries, and a tiny magazine. Even the Vanguard vendor hand cannon is far better.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Pro tip. Bring thorn with you to kill pesky shieled enemies in nightfall strikes etc. The dot keeps shields down for when pussy ass mobs run away

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Why does Thorn suck?
Right now, it sucks because the rate of fire isn't very good, the impact is meh and the clip size is 6. I'm still using nothing but Thorn until I at least get the DOT effect unlocked, but it's pretty painful trying to level it up at the moment.

In pvp, I normally use auto rifles and fusion rifles. Since trying to level up thorn, my K/D ration is about on-par with a deer.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Also, looking for a 3rd for regular groups. TheFourth and I group up a lot, but we have trouble finding a 3rd to do heroics & nightfall. He's a warlock, I'm a hunter. both 27. We spend a lot of time knocking out the bounties our grinding rep when we can't find someone.

Column_sl

shitlord
I picked up the guide today, it has alot of information on all the different mods, and detailed stats on all the guns.

I haven't delved into it yet, but seems pretty good. Thought it was just going to be fluff.