Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Speaking of weapon stats, does stability help get "headshots"? If so, how exactly does that work? I sort of imagined it increasing the zone that registers as a critical shot

Column_sl

shitlord
according to the guide

Stabilty = Dampens recoil

How hard your weapon kicks when you fire it

Represents how hard your weapon jerks in your hand when you are in ADS. It also affects view kick when you hipfire

FYI the guide is pretty damn detailed on every stat on the game. Can't wait to sit down with it.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Gotcha, thanks. Farming the treasure cave with a scout rifle and the gunslinger stacking weapon stability buff, it felt like I was getting non-stop precision shots when it was up.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
DAAAAAMNIT I WAS RESEARCHING WHICH ONE OF THREE EXOTIC BOUNTY STORYLINES TO PICK AND ACCIDENTALLY MISCLICKED BAD JUJU INSTEAD OF POCKET INFINITY!

Fuck me. BALLS.

Well, 25 strikes it is.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Maybe I'm just a tard and everyone else noticed this immediately, but thought I'd mention that doing the daily heroic on 24 or 28 gives 1 or 2 ascendant materials respectively. For some reason I never even looked at the higher difficulties until today.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Just got the exotic bounty for pocket infinity
wink.png

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Just got the exotic bounty for pocket infinity
wink.png
I did too about an hour or so ago. Interesting that you, me, and exarc all got it around the same time..

I hope to God that Xur has some primary weapons available this weekend. Have lots of motes and coins to spend!

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Sat for a couple hours at the loot cave as a lvl 10... ended at 15. That shit is lesser faydark faeries on crack.

spronk

FPS noob
for those who have solo'd the nightfall strike, any tips on the 3 wizards who come out during the door open part (first part of the strike)? I can clear up to them by slowly sniping stuff down, but those assholes chase me way, way back and bombard me with love orbs, and its hard to see shit with 3 darknesses up - only have like 10 secs before they run back into the room.

solo'ing nightfall is fun as shit though, one mistake and its all over

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I am currently leveling my hunter by sitting at the loot cave while other people kill and gain me items plus experience. I occasionally move my mouse to loot. And in the meantime I'm leveling my Tornado shot Ranger in PoE.

Sigh.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I tried the treasure cave tonight for the first time. Was only there 30 min but got a bunch of green crap and 2 blue encrypted engrams. My question is about the blue engrams, should I save those until I hit level 20, or could they decode into legendary gear now (I'm lv 18)? My cryptarch level is only 1, if that matters.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
for those who have solo'd the nightfall strike, any tips on the 3 wizards who come out during the door open part (first part of the strike)? I can clear up to them by slowly sniping stuff down, but those assholes chase me way, way back and bombard me with love orbs, and its hard to see shit with 3 darknesses up - only have like 10 secs before they run back into the room.

solo'ing nightfall is fun as shit though, one mistake and its all over
Run far back until they stop chasing you which should be all the way up the ramp in the hallway before that part. After that use a fire based rocket launcher and pulse rifle and it's easy

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ideally you want to take the shield off with fire and then kill them with void. The shield resists void which negates the bonus from voidburn, and fire doesn't do anything for you once the shield is gone.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'd still stick with using the rocket launcher until it's out of ammo since it's aoe damage and they usually stay close together.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Got a Thunderlord from a legendary engram. Was starting to think getting exotics from an engram was a myth heh

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Hey Zarcath....since I just dismantled my exotic handgun because it looks like a green when you already have another exotic equipped, do you think maybe you could put in a word to add a colorblind mode? Because that would be really super.

I'm pretty sure it would be easy to implement, since every game except for Destiny has the option. Thanks.

Fadaar

That guy
So after getting close repeatedly for hours on end, take a 5 minute break and 1 shot final boss in raid. Hooray! Too bad nobody got any loot worth a shit. Think one person got a scout rifle rest was non-combat stuff.

Edit: Lol Grumpus check out the auto rifle I got tonight from a blue engram. Better than any of the vendor bought ones, especially the 3 choice set of abilities.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So after getting close repeatedly for hours on end, take a 5 minute break and 1 shot final boss in raid. Hooray! Too bad nobody got any loot worth a shit. Think one person got a scout rifle rest was non-combat stuff.
Thinking to stop bothering till they patch in some tweaks and fixes. The strikes have 0 point to be ran except when the exotics force them on you. Its pretty sad for 20-30min or whatever of dealing with bullet sponges you get 25rep or whatever and usually 0 good loot unless lucky and you get a legendary engram which turns into 0 good loot. However you can do patrols for 4x the rep or more in same time or mindlessly kill mobs at L8 while youre 27 for the exact same loot chances as in a strike.

The raid is a mixed bags of wtf's with you not even being guaranteed a piece of armor the entire run and it having no specific loot tables for it either.