Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You're lucky I got the goddamn final Mars mission
ABORT ABORT ABORT.

Seriously, you can just exit to orbit and launch the mission again. It will choose a different one. I did Restoration twice and the Gate Lord mission once on my titan.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
So i was at the magic cave last night and massive waver after wave of wizards and knights and all kinds of other shit spawned until we were all raped. Someone was having a good time.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
So i was at the magic cave last night and massive waver after wave of wizards and knights and all kinds of other shit spawned until we were all raped. Someone was having a good time.
This happens several times a day. Seems random however

You'll see a message saying "both sides start fighting" or some bullshit like that.

Vorph

That happens when a Hive vs. Fallen war gets triggered instead of the Warsat public event.

Pro-tip: Camp the room to your left (while facing the cave) during the war for a shitload of easy to kill spawns. You can pretty much chain supers in there endlessly if there's a couple other cave farmers with you.

Needless

Toe Sucker
if you do a strike, can you voice chat the people you're with.. or is that restricted to fireteam only as well? God damn their voice system is so bad.

I'm like 1/3 of a level away from level 20, whats the first thing to start doing once you hit 20? collect gear with light and salvage that shit?

spronk

FPS noob
voice chat is fireteam only always

things to do when you first hit 20 are : bounties from the robot guy, to build vanguard rep, crucible rep (pvp), queens rep for next 2 weeks. you can do public events on earth to farm vanguard rep, and just endlessly PVP to build pvp rep. finally doing the loot treasure cave for hours and hours is the fastest way to gear up, but the most boring. not much point in doing strikes, at all - get rep and tokens faster with public events.

every time you hit a new rep rank (cryptatch, vanguard, pvp) after rank 3 you get a gift of blue/purple engrams. also you wanna collect as many strange coins and mote of lights as you can (engrams and pvp are good sources), xur shows up on weekends and sells exotics for them

Vorph

Fireteam is the only way to chat in any game mode.

Bunch of things to do right away at 20. First thing I'd do this week however is complete 3 Queen missions and get someone to carry you through the epic follow-ups. Not sure if there's a light level req to get in or not though.

You should also use all the blue engrams you got while leveling at the cryptarch for some potential upgrades that have Light on them.

Farm public events on earth for 100 marks. You can buy a 65 mark vanguard armor piece with them. Arms or boots, since you get chest/helm from the Queen.

After that, it's pretty much just farming the cave for engrams to get upgrades/coins/motes, because their pants-on-head retarded loot system makes doing that vastly more effective than anything else in the game. Try to have 13 coins by Saturday to buy an exotic armor from Xur.

every time you hit a new rep rank (cryptatch, vanguard, pvp) after rank 3 you get a gift of blue/purple engrams
Cryptarch is engrams, other reps give you legendary items directly. There's a chance of getting ascendant materials or coins instead of the items though, and you can also get a legendary class item instead of real gear if you have luck like mine.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Farm public events on earth for 100 marks. You can buy a 65 mark vanguard armor piece with them. Arms or boots, since you get chest/helm from the Queen.
Whassat? Queen sells me a legendary ass cape and some shitty emblems / shaders. Oh and shitty blue weapons.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Do class items do a damn thing or are they always going to be cosmetic?

Also, what's with the equipment slots for the ghost? Is there anything to that?

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Some of the class items change rep gains.

You can get other chassis for Ghost to change his look - so far I think they were Collector's Edition only.

Vorph

Whassat? Queen sells me a legendary ass cape and some shitty emblems / shaders. Oh and shitty blue weapons.
Do a Queen bounty, then do the L24 epic mission follow-up. You get legendary helm or chest from it. 3x a day per character, salvage the ones you don't want into 2-3 ascendant shards.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
So I'm fresh 20 and I hit the queue for the daily strike or whatever and uh..There's no Looking for Dungeon for high level dungeons? Who the fuck are these people?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Voice chat for Xboners is different. Xbox has separate Party invites for chat and Fireteam invites for in-game grouping. You can be in a Party with your buddy and talk only to each other while grouped with some PUG. Conversely you will never speak to random people unless you take the time to Parry connect them through Xbox Live.

So it only takes one of your Queen Mark tokens when you successfully finish the random strike? I would have thought it was consumed on launching it.

Vorph

So it only takes one of your Queen Mark tokens when you successfully finish the random strike? I would have thought it was consumed on launching it.
Thankfully yes. I ended up doing 1 gate lord and 8 restorations because of being able to reroll it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The PS4 is capable of supporting a keyboard. How fucking hard would it be to put in a chat system? Even if the plebs will never use a keyboard, allow us true master race gamers use one to talk to people. Shit.

Vorph

Anyone else who did tons of PEs for marks last week still not getting rewards from gold completions? Me and a friend haven't gotten shit yet on multiple characters/PEs.

spronk

FPS noob
its extremely rare (now?) out of 80+ PEs I have done in the past 4 days while leveling my 2 alts i have gotten it like maybe 4 times. i just got one today while doing my daily PE at the treasure cave, so I don't think its on a timer or anything its just super rare. i always get a reward from the postmaster, once per character per day

i haven't done the nightfall but i read on reddit that if you stay above the boss in the entrance point you get an add behind you that you have to kill every now and then but otherwise you can just dps the boss

i wonder if todays blizzard news (titan got cancelled) had anything to do with destiny

Vorph

its extremely rare (now?) out of 80+ PEs I have done in the past 4 days while leveling my 2 alts i have gotten it like maybe 4 times. i just got one today while doing my daily PE at the treasure cave, so I don't think its on a timer or anything its just super rare. i always get a reward from the postmaster, once per character per day
Last Tuesday I did like 3-4 hours of PEs for marks, and I got something like 8-10 ascendant mats in a row for golds before it seemed to shut off completely. I was expecting it to be a weekly thing, but I guess it isn't.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
You guys are such Debbie downers. I was just happy to even get the exotic bounty for bad juju and now everyone is saying it sucks. Das it mane
This!

Voice chat for Xboners is different. Xbox has separate Party invites for chat and Fireteam invites for in-game grouping. You can be in a Party with your buddy and talk only to each other while grouped with some PUG. Conversely you will never speak to random people unless you take the time to Parry connect them through Xbox Live.

I guess it kind of like a trade off for completing the mission. Mission material = Leg gear on completion

I got two chests and and a helm. Both somewhat upgrades for me but for what I can tell, most people probably already have better.