Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just did the first 3 story missions. No talking or sign of my ghost. Must not have wanted to pay Dinklage to do more voices so they conveniently forgot about the whole ghost angle.

When I turned in my 3rd story mission I got a new legendary sniper rifle called Murmur (which apparently everyone gets but it seems pretty awesome to be able to choose what type of damage it does - arc/solar). Also turned in a blue engram to cryptarch and got the new warlock vanguard helm (str one, but at least I can use it!). Either I got lucky or they tweaked the legendary rewards up a little bit.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I got a purple engram from Crucible today. Was gloves. Really pumped as I was using IB gloves. I decrypt it and... it's Titan (my class)! Super stoked. Oh wait, it's 27 light max. That hurts a little.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So I'm guessing they couldn't get Dinklage back to record new story dialogue for this? The whole time you are doing story stuff you just get Eris speaking to you through your ghost.

I'm not even sure if this counts as a story anymore, it all seems so completely ppedestrian. Fight through a series of X of Crota minions (Eye of Crota, Blade of Crota, Spleen of Crota...) Then take him on in the raid. No detail about what or who the Hive are, nothing more about their 'God' outside the solar system...

I'm guessing the next expansion will have us fighting some new Fallen dude who hangs out on some old but unused Venus maps while someone at Bungie goes to creative writing correspondence school.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I'm guessing the next expansion will have us fighting some new Fallen dude who hangs out on some old but unused Venus maps while someone at Bungie goes to creative writing correspondence school.
I can't quote this hard enough. I cannot stop laughing, probably because it is so true.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Fuck I'm really losing faith in this game. What a fucken terrible DLC. probably about 10 mins of dialogue. Re-used monsters. 1 or 2 tiny new area's. One raid and 2 strikes reusing old content.

I get the feeling something HUGE happened mid development. Because there is no fucken way these guys had this much money and that much talent and this is what they came up with. It's a disgrace.

I will continue to play but once I hit 31 I think I'll be done for a while. When you've got quality games that have just come out like Dragon age Far cry 4 WoW:Warlords GTA5 Destiny just doesn't come even close.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
While I agree with all of that DMK, I feel like this DLC was pre packaged with the same initial development routine. I also feel like the next DLC will have the same issues as well. I am hoping that after about 8 more months this game will have shed it's problems of release and have learned it's lesson with new content. If that's not the case, then fuck it I will absolutely never touch the game again for anything but raiding.

It's not an exscuse for this pathetic story bullshit (and more) we've been given, but I hope that it will certainly revamp it's storytelling and give us some of the real talent Bungie has in house.

DMK_sl

shitlord
While I agree with all of that DMK, I feel like this DLC was pre packaged with the same initial development routine. I also feel like the next DLC will have the same issues as well. I am hoping that after about 8 more months this game will have shed it's problems of release and have learned it's lesson with new content. If that's not the case, then fuck it I will absolutely never touch the game again for anything but raiding.

It's not an exscuse for this pathetic story bullshit (and more) we've been given, but I hope that it will certainly revamp it's storytelling and give us some of the real talent Bungie has in house.
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Destiny 2 next year. Like COD.

When you take away the awesome mechanics in this game it is absolutely terrible compared to any other game on the market. Like I really just can't understand how they made such a content-less game.

The world is completely empty. There is barely ANY dialogue. I mean look at games like Skyrim Guild wars 2 (free2play after purchase) Borderlands. The list could go on. All rich worlds with things going on.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So i shouldnt be looking forward to a free block of time this weekend to finally try this DLC?

Composter

Golden Knight of the Realm
Lol, they gave me some free gear with the DLC welcome message (I guess to get me up to the level to handle the first quests), and I managed to accidentally dismantle the chest piece and gimp myself disasterously for the second quest. FML, back to the crucible.

spronk

FPS noob
they still didn't fix the ammo bug either haha

its pretty annoying that you will want to stack the raid with 31s to kill crota, its literally impossible without at least one 31 to damage him - most of the damage comes to him from someone wielding the sword, and a 30 does 10k dmg a swing and a 31 does 15k, without the extra dmg he enrages.

I assume that will jump up to 32 for the HM raid. So all your VOG raid gear is essentially worthless, since you can just buy vanguard/crucible gear and level it all up to 31 in a single 12 hour play session (assuming you came in with ~200/200 tokens), heck can just afk PVP for 6 hours and you'll be set. and you will do better in the raid than someone who has full 30 VOG raid upgraded gear. VOG is completely pointless now since it won't drop upgraded gear, everything in it maxxes out at 300/30.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
This "DLC" is 3 story missions, 3 bounties, 1 strike. Then you have the raid and rep grinding bounties......
Yeah I was shocked at how small the DLC was. I haven't done it all yet (meaning the strike or raid), but I blew through the 3 story missions in maybe 30 minutes. Sadly it's more of the same confusing, disconnected feel that you get from the original story. If someone asked me to summarize Destiny's story I honestly couldn't do it. It feels like Star Wars Episode 1...a bunch of random crap all happening at the same time with no flow or common theme and the poor audience being jolted back and forth from scene to scene like a soap opera.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

its pretty annoying that you will want to stack the raid with 31s to kill crota, its literally impossible without at least one 31 to damage him - most of the damage comes to him from someone wielding the sword, and a 30 does 10k dmg a swing and a 31 does 15k, without the extra dmg he enrages.

I assume that will jump up to 32 for the HM raid. So all your VOG raid gear is essentially worthless, since you can just buy vanguard/crucible gear and level it all up to 31 in a single 12 hour play session (assuming you came in with ~200/200 tokens), heck can just afk PVP for 6 hours and you'll be set. and you will do better in the raid than someone who has full 30 VOG raid upgraded gear. VOG is completely pointless now since it won't drop upgraded gear, everything in it maxxes out at 300/30.
VoG HM still has 2 exotic drop chances, plus the primaries are still going to be relevant for at least the next month for burns

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.

I would agrue that the mainhand weapons from VOG are still worth it due to having elemental damage, until HM of the new raid comes january (sometime). But yeah, gear reset and so on is correct.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So some people are reporting getting loot drops from the raid again today, even after having done it yesterday. Might be a bug, but worth trying out for those that already have loot from the first two encounters. Doesn't apply to chests

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Kinda shaking my head at this "expansion" costing $20. I got the expansion pass with my limited edition (no regrets), but it just seems like there is so little.

Also my jimmies are rustled because I got a rep level with the Vanguard and I was hoping to get a legendary weapon and it gave me a strange coin