Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Xur is across from the speaker room. For the most part a new round of upgrades (Thorn still available). Weapon you can buy is Patience and Time (sniper rifle, arc damage)
He's probably not going to sell Icrebreaker ever again is he?
frown.png

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'd prefer horn!

Well with the new lock gloves this will give me access to 32 with only needing a raid helm or gloves...I was hoping for the super on non-guardian kills exotic helm on the engram, but got my second copy of third eye for the hunter.

It hasn't been mentioned here yet, but Fourth figured out that the rank 3-4 for crota is 4k, not the normal 2k. It'll be a few weeks before I can rely on trading in energy for shards since I don't do the double bounty thing. Just in time for hardmode! >.<

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yep, same here. Need raid helm or gloves on warlock, plus about 35 more shards to hit 32.

Hunter only has raid gloves, so he's likely going to be a forever 31.

On another note, I plan on buying multiple IB snipers and rerolling them until I get a decent one for the various damage types. Have about 35 notes, should be enough hopefully

spronk

FPS noob
got lucky with a shitty helm out of my first exotic engram, its strength but good enough to get my warlock to 32 once i have enough shards

sadly dismantling a DLC fully leveled item does not produce the new energy/shards, they still all convert into the old energy/shards. looks like the only way to get them for now is the new raid. I need 49 total shards to hit 32, have 16 at the moment (and 21 energy but only rank 2 eris) so gonna probably be 2-3 weeks minimum.

a husk wep will by the way get stored in the mailbox as a lost item if your primary weps are full when you run over it. didn't even realize i got a second one while doing the dailies but it showed up in my mail

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I'm still kinda salty that the only thing I got on the last Crota run was 3 shards. Nothing else, not even a shader.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
What's the fastest way to get ascendant shards? I feel like I have such an abundance of energy and I'm starving for shards. I upgraded my Titans chest to the faster revive one, which means my exotic helm is now a DLC one and I have like 2 shards

spronk

FPS noob
a ton of things drop ass shards. you can solo the first chest in vog, there are a lot of youtube vids on how to do it - 3x chars, get 3x chances at either shards or energy. can also find a checkpoint in gorgons maze, 2x chests same thing. then public events on 3x chars, you get a shot at it plus another shot you get mail with a shot at shards, energy, mote, or coin. so that for a week straight on 3x chars plus the daily story at max level (like 5 shards?) and you'll be drowning in energy. oh and obviously blow all your vanguard/crucible marks on gear and dismantle em and any old crap gear you have.

so this is the full out crota cheese method, works every time basically just run as far back as possible to the back room, raid leader DCs by pulling router cable, reconnect, and cheese the fuck out of crota. ETA for bungie to fix?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
What's the fastest way to get ascendant shards? I feel like I have such an abundance of energy and I'm starving for shards. I upgraded my Titans chest to the faster revive one, which means my exotic helm is now a DLC one and I have like 2 shards
Definitely run the VoG a few times this week with your characters. Its like the only thing that drops there.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Nope, icebreaker and Gjallahorn are never going to show
I think its all random. People come to conclusions that its somehow controlled or there is some mysterious pattern to it. Its human nature to try to figure out patterns, well there is none, its fucking random rolls every week, hence why we had 2 Plan Cs in a row. And i doubt they took the Regime, icebreaker, ballerhorn off rotation, fuck, they drop everywhere else. I got mine from nightfall, last night I saw icebreaker as IB rewrd....

What they wont do in the future is design flagrantly overpowered weapons like that again. Well be stuck with run of the mill shit from now on.

Edit: While its nice to have those weapons, it kind of makes the game boring, because you just dont need to use anything else except for maybe nightfall burns where those other odd ones come into play. And even then, I would still use the ballerhorn to down enemies because its just that good. That to me is fucking boring, everyone needs to have the IB or Ballerhorn or they are considered shit, everything else is a distant second tier.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
After grouping with some of you last night, for the first time (thanks again for help with the nightfall and free raid chests) i realized how woefully underskilled/undergeared i am. I really need to get things like ib so i can be more helpful. I guess soloing to 30 sheltered me from really understanding the potential power a pve player can have.

Rng just hates me i guess. Gotten nothing but shards really expect for one lucky engram that decoded into suros regime and a vanguard level that awarded almost tnic scout rifle (or whatever it's called). Hopefully that will change now that i can possibly run nightfall and weekly consistently with you all.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
After grouping with some of you last night, for the first time (thanks again for help with the nightfall and free raid chests) i realized how woefully underskilled/undergeared i am. I really need to get things like ib so i can be more helpful. I guess soloing to 30 sheltered me from really understanding the potential power a pve player can have.

Rng just hates me i guess. Gotten nothing but shards really expect for one lucky engram that decoded into suros regime and a vanguard level that awarded almost tnic scout rifle (or whatever it's called). Hopefully that will change now that i can possibly run nightfall and weekly consistently with you all.
You need to use destinylfg.net. Every week on Tuesday I hop on there when I get to play and get in a nightfall group within 5-10 min. Any nightfall can be done with 3 people keeping each other alive and going slow. And when a burn is active you can even use blues in that dmg type and they still work and work well. For example this week I did not have a legendary snipe in arc, so I used a 294 dmg blue. Worked perfect. Was hitting the knights for like 6K per shot.

Same with the raids, get on lfg and get some runs in, bro. Even if you dont beat the thing, the experience is invaluable for both you and your group you are with.

RNG hates me as well, bro. Im not blessed like some people are. But you just gotta make due. and experience and knowing the shit inside and out helps.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah I've used blue snipers to burn and they are fine. Ill have to try destinylfg one of these days (assuming friends unavailable). I haven't tried the raids at all because i just don't have large enough windows of playtime consistently ( wife + baby + horribly early work schedule = very little game time)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I've used blue snipers to burn and they are fine. Ill have to try destinylfg one of these days (assuming friends unavailable). I haven't tried the raids at all because i just don't have large enough windows of playtime consistently ( wife + baby + horribly early work schedule = very little game time)
Yeah thats my problem as well although my kids are older now. Still have to deal with the family shit first. But I usually can squeeze a run or two each week. I just stay up and feel like shit the next day. But Im kind of lucky that I can roll into work at 9:30 and I live 5 min away. And when I sleep in and wake up at noon on sat or sun morning, because I stayed up till 4AM, the wife knows Ive been gaming. And shes usually cool with it.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
You need to use destinylfg.net. Every week on Tuesday I hop on there when I get to play and get in a nightfall group within 5-10 min. Any nightfall can be done with 3 people keeping each other alive and going slow. And when a burn is active you can even use blues in that dmg type and they still work and work well. For example this week I did not have a legendary snipe in arc, so I used a 294 dmg blue. Worked perfect. Was hitting the knights for like 6K per shot.

Same with the raids, get on lfg and get some runs in, bro. Even if you dont beat the thing, the experience is invaluable for both you and your group you are with.

RNG hates me as well, bro. Im not blessed like some people are. But you just gotta make due. and experience and knowing the shit inside and out helps.
BRO

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
a ton of things drop ass shards. you can solo the first chest in vog, there are a lot of youtube vids on how to do it - 3x chars, get 3x chances at either shards or energy. can also find a checkpoint in gorgons maze, 2x chests same thing. then public events on 3x chars, you get a shot at it plus another shot you get mail with a shot at shards, energy, mote, or coin. so that for a week straight on 3x chars plus the daily story at max level (like 5 shards?) and you'll be drowning in energy. oh and obviously blow all your vanguard/crucible marks on gear and dismantle em and any old crap gear you have.

so this is the full out crota cheese method, works every time basically just run as far back as possible to the back room, raid leader DCs by pulling router cable, reconnect, and cheese the fuck out of crota. ETA for bungie to fix?

I definitely want to try that. I bet they don't fix it until hard mode, if ever

spronk

FPS noob
cheesed crota in a pug on my 29 titan, totally worked although it took like 5x tries for us to get it. just do the normal crota shit, as soon as he kneels first time the fireteam leader just has to DC - pull network plug or just unchecking Connect to the Internet on your PSN settings works just fine (PS4). DC guy just reconnects and rejoins fireteam, gets a rez, and you continue on - if you start the fight on the top left and never go out, you can make him kneel without starting any of the knight/ogre timers so you never see an ogre.

he stays kneeling forever, then its just a matter of killing swordbearer and whacking on him until he dies while 2 people kill the volley guys. stupid as fuck, and with x-mas this week bungie probably won't fix it until january. can easily 2 man it, we had a 28 and 29 who were doing basically no dmg.

so yeah, gonna be 2-3 weeks of everyone killing crota hahahaha

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
You guys going to cheese crota more this weekend? I need to try and get on long enough to take advantage before they hotfix it.