Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Posiedan_sl

shitlord
Thank you all. I will. I like to talk and BS while playing. Also, if you ever join me then your luck will improve. I have yet to get a piece of gear or weapon before anyone else I play with. RNG hates me, and loves to award the people I play with. I make a great good luck charm!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So just as I thought IB is essentially unchanged since lst time. same bounties, same gear (boots, gloves 33light) same shaders same emblems, same class stuff, useless auto rifle for R5 (innacurate bullet hose) and a semi decent snipe with wallhack for R4. But is it worth a weeks long grind for the snipe?

Posiedan_sl

shitlord
So just as I thought IB is essentially unchanged since lst time. same bounties, same gear (boots, gloves 33light) same shaders same emblems, same class stuff, useless auto rifle for R5 (innacurate bullet hose) and a semi decent snipe with wallhack for R4. But is it worth a weeks long grind for the snipe?
In my HUMBLE opinion, NOPE

Xevy

Log Wizard
Keep in mind both those weapons can be rerolled for 2 motes of light each. Also that rifle is for PvP as it has double stability and max fire rate.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Armor pen snipers are rather hard to find in my experience. I still don't want to grind IB though.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I got a new blue snipe with a new perk on it that when you shoot ammo packs they go into your inventory. Thank god I did not dismantle it. It came in handy for last weeks nightfall and Im sure it will this week as well. Its like 294 dmg too maxxed, so its not useless. Its arc and it was destroying shit in last weeks nightfall. Only downfall is that its 3 shot. Like I said im short on snipes. I never seem to get any good ones. I have a 300 void legendary vanguard one from a while ago, but thats it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Scout rifles can have that perk as well. Only ever seen it on blues though.

Kinda shocked the IB bounties are all the exact same. Suros a go-go!

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So Dinklage won't be doing anymore voice work for this? The expansion is very noteworthy for not having him say anything. Even in the one scene when he has to open a door and you KNOW he is meant to be saying something chatty and just sits there silent ly working.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Rather get actual content than any voice overs what so ever. Scroll text and a quest that is more tha defend this doir, go into room and kill mobs then boss

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
So Dinklage won't be doing anymore voice work for this? The expansion is very noteworthy for not having him say anything. Even in the one scene when he has to open a door and you KNOW he is meant to be saying something chatty and just sits there silent ly working.
I commented on the same thing when the DLC went live...why have Dinklage be the primary Destiny voice if you don't have him locked up for each expansion. To go from what sometimes feels like non-stop talking by your ghost in the original, to zero talking in the xpac is just weird.

Maybe in the next xpac they are going to add in different ghosts to 'loot' and they will have different male/female voices? idk

spronk

FPS noob
in the next xpac dinklage's voice will play backwards, its all new content yo

killed crota in a semi-pug, its really all up to the swordbearer isn't it. everyone else is just kinda helping him do his job. good to know ritley the crota movements are time based, i just couldn't figure out at all why the fuck he moves so seemingly random. One guy in the raid got the helm and will be 32 now once he has enough shards since he's already got the other pieces.

i guess there are two more bugs/exploits on crota - if you leave one guy up in the pre-crota phase (all the adds) and let him kill your team and have a warlock self-rez and revive everyone else, you won't get the debuff that prevents you from regen'ing health. also someone posted a video where crota kneels the entire fight, i guess if the raid leader shuts down their ps4/xbone right as crota kneels he won't get up. second one sounds a bit more sketchy and probably needs perfect timing to get it.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
You just know in 10 years there will be an awesome coffee table art/tell all book about the making of this game.

I wonder if their Monday 8AM meetings are all high-five love fests or if they are consciously aware that they have an amazing core game and possibly the worst content generation / story pipeline ever seen in a AAA title.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe in the next xpac they are going to add in different ghosts to 'loot' and they will have different male/female voices? idk
In the House of Wolves area that you can wall-hack into, there is a ghost shell that you can pick up (Intrusion shell, I think), so different ghost skins is already a thing (collectors edition has one as well). As far as different voice actors? As cool as that would be, I kind of doubt it. But that would be interesting

spronk

FPS noob
i think a lot of people are starting to figure out the fight, i killed it twice today in pugs with no cheese got meh loot (2 rocket launchers). just need a pro ass hunter with shadow jack, escape artist, and stalker who has nerves of steel.

i'm more excited about the husk white weapon drop, it apparently upgrades to an exotic through a lengthy quest like a bounty. it drops randomly from one of the knights who hold swords in patrol areas or the first dlc story mission. love shit like that

edit: just got my own husk, run the first new dlc story mission at 24 (its on the earth, upper mid - fist of crota story) and skip past all the mobs at the beginning, just mount up and run straight for the door. a few twists in and kill the 3 acolytes and the sword guy they summon. either you will get the husk or you won't, if you don't just go to orbit and repeat. i got mine in 3 tries, takes less than 1 minute each try.

have to upgrade the white weapon, turns into a purple, then i guess you can turn it into a exotic with a drop from crota. you'll need a char with rank 3 crota rep though to buy the item (embalming orb)

HUH_sl

shitlord
i'm more excited about the husk white weapon drop, it apparently upgrades to an exotic through a lengthy quest like a bounty. it drops randomly from one of the knights who hold swords in patrol areas or the first dlc story mission. love shit like that
I found it. I thought the fact it was white was slightly odd, but I had been doing low level missions for bounty's and dismantled it with the rest of the useless shit I had picked up without a second thought. Awesome.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Did 3 nightfall, 3 weekly and 3 raids (-Crota) last night. Its odd that the game has turned into "log in once a week" already considering we just had a DLC drop
frown.png

(Tho after the hollidays we will work on getting Crota down, just too much going on these weeks to bother to put serious time into the game).

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I got that husk last night. And its cool that they are making it a level-up weapon and all. But why could it not start as a blue so I dont have to kill 1000 lv 8 hive with it? Again, stupid bungie bullshit. Good luck taking that thing into any current mission. Better bring some gray ammo packs.

Also, I get that its a white and all, but if it stays this way, its fucking useless. Bullet hose that you cant control.