Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Yepp, do 3 of those runs every reset, the game has turned into a 4 hours a week affair at the moment (including nightfall and heroic). If the next content patch... sorry I mean DLC... is not better then this one, rumor is that its even lighter on conten, I think this game is dead until the next real expansion. Pitty considering the gameplay is awesome but you can only do the current strike so many times before getting bored out of your skull. A random dungeon element would help a lot and it should be a priority for Bungie to implement.
I'm with ya... the gameplay is so fun. There's still a part of the game I feel cheated. At E3, they demonstrated multiple factions fighting over a public event. That's not in the game. Anyway, they have some stuff to fix. I'm getting that EQ, Arm-chair, developer syndrome again where I think what they need to focus on is obvious and even theoretically easy. However, my gut tells me they'll just keep moving forward leaving their garbage content behind for everyone to deal with each day. I hope their hope isn't that they'll drag us along and hope we forget about it.

spronk

FPS noob
Devil You Don't is TERRIBLE. Don't waste your materials on it. Absolute garbage. It literally does add 1 bullet, bringing the max rounds to 6.
i think they changed it, when i put field scout on it the clip went from 6 to 13. its still kind of a garbage gun since there is no secondary kill effect like explode (fatebringer is awesome for that) but not as bad as the stock gun. i just leveled it up so i can have devil you know and devil you don't in case they ever give a duel-wield perk

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
I got a shitty pulse rifle. The exact same shitty pulse rifle I already had in my inventory when I opened the claim. The loot system in this game is trash.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I got Up For Anything auto rifle. I didn't bother to check it that closely, but I'm pretty sure it's terrible compared to my Suros so it will be trashed.

Sumi_sl

shitlord
I got Up For Anything auto rifle. I didn't bother to check it that closely, but I'm pretty sure it's terrible compared to my Suros so it will be trashed.
Same exact thing happened to me. Thanks for a no impact auto rifle. What a great "gift". I can log in for Xur once a week, flip a coin as to if I want to do the nightfall, and be just as productive as anyone else playing this game.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
No real surprises.

Pit Chest only has materials now and the Deathsinger drops actual loot (basically everything the pit chest could drop).

Lanterns no longer launch people.

Bridge part has to be done legit now.

Crota will stand if someone quits.

spronk

FPS noob
patches don't get applied till usually around 8-10am PST so next tue you can cheese the fuck out of shit still if you login after 2am PST and run the raids

Erie_sl

shitlord
Don't really need anything anymore from the raids but shards.. and hardly need them anymore after next week. Especially since they'll give twice as much with hard mode... if that every gets patched in. Been waiting on the new primary weapons forever, and we'll get like a month with them before the new expansion.

Xevy

Log Wizard
New vendor armor, weapons, and exotics, and how they compare to existing gear : DestinyTheGame

Excellent post on every weapons stats. Great for finding out what three-shots for Crucible. Also interesting because they have some of the unseen IB items (I expect pulse rifle/shotgun this next IB). For the most part I think IB weapons are tuned purposefully for highest impact which makes sense. The exception being the auto rifle and pulse rifle. I guess they're meant to be fast-firing interruptors with high-caliber rounds. Some things of note:

Fusion rifles seem to 'cap out' at charge rate of ~40. That's why accelerated coils does dick for things like The Calming.
Pistols are all nearly 3 shot for pvp. That means you don't need TDYK or Timur's lash to have the best pistol. It's all about getting the perfect match of stability/range and a decent clip size.

My group of 3 may be looking for 3 average+ humans to do the raids the real way on XB1.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
patches don't get applied till usually around 8-10am PST so next tue you can cheese the fuck out of shit still if you login after 2am PST and run the raids
Hmm good point. I'll have to try and get on for a few minutes before work and at least check the Crota chest.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I feel really bad, guys. I joined a Roc strike last night and got plopped into the boss fight with that big mutant monster. Fight lasted about 60 seconds after I got in, and I ended up with my first exotic weapon (Mida Multi). Plus some hate mail :/

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
What's the consensus on TLW? What I've been able to find says it's great for pvp, not so much pve.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm curious too, when compared to Thorn especially. Is it worth blowing coins on? (I don't have thorn yet either but am close once i finish the pvp crap)