Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
o boy an exotic shotgun. that will be great in the crucible seeing as they are useless on every boss
Although everyone can agree they're useless in PVE, can you suggest a way that they could balance PVE design with shotguns and prevent them from being OP in PVP? I just don't think every weapon type is intended to be used in every aspect of the game. I for one am okay w/ that. I'm sure they'll come out w/ a boss at some point that will allow you to make use of them.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Although everyone can agree they're useless in PVE, can you suggest a way that they could balance PVE design with shotguns and prevent them from being OP in PVP? I just don't think every weapon type is intended to be used in every aspect of the game. I for one am okay w/ that. I'm sure they'll come out w/ a boss at some point that will allow you to make use of them.
Na I can't. Just rustles the jim jams because I love using shotguns in the game. That's what I wanted my Titan to be modeled after (Auto rifle, shotgun, and bazooka..like the one from the Led Zeppelin commercial). Every boss having a 1 shot mechanic when you get close just stinks :/ Only real suggestion I have is give shotguns an extra ability where you take less damage from a bosses 1 shot

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure if something similar has been posted in the past, but here is a loose timeline regarding the Lore in Destiny. Spoiler'd for length.

Destiny - One Fans Timeline of Significant Events

*The Traveler, a sentient A.I. arrives in our solar system and begins terraforming planets, The Traveler creates the Vex to aid in the terraforming process

*Humanity makes contact with The Traveler on Mars, beginning the Golden Age

*The Exo are created, based on researching The Traveler

*The Fallen race is encountered during planetary expansion, and are soundly defeated, in large part due to the use of the Exo in the conflict

*The Warminds and an interplanetary defense grid is established to aid in deterring any hostile alien threats

*The now defunct Exo are seeded with consciousness, similar to the Warminds, this was apparently a controversial event

*The Darkness is detected at the edge of our solar system, complete interplanetary defense responses are enacted, triggering The Collapse

*At some point a contingent of The Hive arrive in conjunction with The Darkness, presumable led by Crota in lieu of Oryx

*At some point The Vex are corrupted by The Darkness, transforming planets into machines rather than terraforming them

*Humanity tries to flee from Earth, starting a mass exodus towards the edge of our solar system, what would now become The Reef

*The Traveler releases it?s light, shattering and scattering the darkness throughout and away from our solar system. In its final moments, The Traveler releases probes to begin repopulating humanity. Caught in the wake of the explosion of light, and the rending of darkness, the humans fleeing earth are transformed into what are now The Awoken.

*The Hive, cut off and without The Darkness remain active on the moon, building structures and awaiting the reformation of The Darkness

*The Traveler becomes dormant, losing all functionality as it tries to collect light

*A fragment of The Darkness remains on Mars and drains the light from the traveler as it attempts to reform

*The Vex, either by intention or by chance, find a large fragment of The Darkness on Mars and begin to worship and revere it, as well as use it as a source of power.

*Remnants of The Fallen begin to scavenge and occupy our worlds

*The first Order of Titans stand guard over survivors as they gather beneath The Traveler

*The City is founded

*The Speaker and The Consensus govern and dictate order within the city

*The City endures the Battle of the Six Fronts (a battle against The Fallen)

*The first Order of Hunters is founded

*The Six Coyotes scout beyond the Cosmodrome

*The first Order of Warlocks is founded

*The Vanguard is formed

*An army of Guardians attempts to reclaim the Moon from The Hive, the losses are catastrophic. Either by intent or by Guardians, Crota becomes dormant on the Moon.

*Osiris, a warlock obsessed with The Hive, is held on trail for his potential corruption; an unknown battle ensued

*Osiris is exiled, his fate remains unknown

*The Fallen, united houses, attempt to take the city in the battle of Twilight Gap

*Gjallarhorn is forged

*Future War Cult is granted access to the Tower, they replace a dismantled unknown fraction that existed prior to the Battle of Twilight Gap

*The Crucible is formed, by Lord Shaxx

*Dredgen Yor is corrupted by the darkness, creating Thorn and The Weapons of Sorrow

*Thalor, an undefeated gladiatorial guardian, is killed by Dredgen Yor

*Kabr leads an ill-fated strike team into The Vault of Glass

*Pahanin Errata gives warning and lessons of Kabr, he is later killed by Dredgen Yor at some undisclosed time after the battle of Twilight Gap

*Shin Malphur kills Dredgen Yor

*The Queen of the Reef deposes the Kell of the House of Wolves, assuming control over the Fallen house

*A large number of The Fallen are imprisoned within the ?Prison of Elders?

*Toland the Shattered is exiled from the City, due in part to his fascination with the Hive and his experimentation with The Darkness that gives them power

*Eris and her strike team find Toland and use his knowledge of The Hive in an attempt to infiltrate the Temple of Crota and assassinate Crota while he lies dormant on the moon. All are killed, with the exception of Eris, Toland?s fate remains unknown

*The Temple of Crota is sealed

*The Vex, having spread throughout the Solar System are at war with The Cabal Empire; a contingent of the Cabal army pursues The Vex to Mars where they set up the Exclusion Zone, in an attempt to secure the Gate to The Black Garden.

*The Exo Stranger and her crew arrive in our present time, presumably from a Vex Gate

ENTER: YOUR GUARDIAN

*The Exo Stranger, having prior knowledge of the events of our time, witnesses the birth of guardians in an effort to find capable guardians whom might aid her attempts to undermine the rise of The Vex

*You activate the Last Array, allowing Rasputin, a Warmind remnant on Earth, to connect to colony installations throughout the system (At least on the Moon, Venus, and Mars).

*You awaken The Hive on the Moon, triggering a resurgence and the opening of the Temple of Crota (potentially this allows Eris to escape)

*You return a shard of The Traveler from The Hive, it was somehow being used to drain The Traveler of its light

*You establish contact with the Awoken, opening up relations between the Queen and The City

*You destroy The Darkness within the Black Garden, allowing The Traveler to draw in light and potentially altering the future

*Eris, having been hidden among The Hive for years, returns to The Tower forewarning of Crota?s awakening

*You banish Crota?s Soul

*You kill Omnigul, the Will of Crota

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Destiny hotfix went live apparently, no way to cheese tomorrow morning unless I am reading it wrong:

News > Destiny Hot Fix - 01/12/2015 | Bungie.net

The Dark Below infused Destiny with new content, along with some new issues that we have sought to correct. With this update, we?re paying special attention to the Crota?s End Raid - along with weapons, arenas, and rewards for other activities. Iron Banner is also being prepared to return.

Activity Rewards
Fixed an issue with Ascendant Materials no longer being a possible reward for Daily gold-tier public events
In addition to other potential rewards, Weekly Nightfall Strikes can now award 9 or more Strange Coins

PVP
Maps
Added to the rotation for Control, Clash, and Iron Banner* playlists:
The Anomaly
Asylum
The Burning Shrine
Iron Banner*
Starts 1AM PST, Tuesday, January 13th
Playlist weapon drops
Level 32 Sniper Rifle
Level 32 Auto Rifle
Gain event standing to earn Legendary gear
Level 32 Hand Cannon
Level 32 Rocket Launcher
Level 32 Gauntlets
Level 31 Boots

Weapons
On the Sniper Rifle, Black Hammer, the Hive Breaker upgrade has been disabled until it is fixed to play nicely with the White Nail upgrade

Raids
Vault of Glass
Exotic weapon drops (though still very infrequent) are now Level 32
Crota?s End
Rewards
Treasure chests now contain Radiant Materials
The existing Pit treasure chest reward has moved to killing Ir Yut, the Deathsinger
Pit Encounter
Pillars of Light no longer launch players into the air when they explode
Bridge Encounter
Players will now be required to cross the bridge in order to complete the bridge encounter
Players will now be required to wait for the bridge to be completed prior to crossing with the sword
Deathsinger Encounter
Fixed a rare case where the Shriekers would not spawn, preventing players from reaching the Deathsinger
The Deathsinger now has a chance to drop Exotic weapons and armor, class pieces, and Radiant materials
Crota Encounter
Two Swordbearers will no longer spawn at the same time at the outset of the encounter
Crota will now recover from his kneeling state after a player quits
Fixed a bug that allowed players to remove the ?Presence of Crota? using a Radiance Warlock?s Fireborn ability
Fixed a bug that made the Oversoul appear destroyed to some players in a Fireteam when it was actually still active

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Darn. No cheesing crota chests tomorrow before i go to work. Was hoping for one more easy shot at loot. Anyone else not like the adding of strange coins to the nightfall? One more thing on the loot table just means the good stuff is that much more rare to have come up on the rng .

Edit: and has anyone heard bungie address no matchmaking on the weekly or nightfall lately? Was hoping that was in the pipeline. Just silly to not have it as an option 4+ months after launch.

Column_sl

shitlord
Strange coins could always be rewarded for Nightfalls. What I believe they are saying is Nightfalls will always give up to 9 strange coins now as an additional reward.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Oh that's a good change then. Odd I've never noticed receiving the coins before on a nightfall. Thanks for clarifying.

Column_sl

shitlord
FYI, people are saying you can loot the first chest again, and get mats even tho you looted them earlier in the week.

You have to install the patch tho

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i just looted the first chest again on all my chars and i cleared CE already this week. i think a few people have tried to rerun deathsinger and gotten nothing though, so it looks like its just the first chest. probably just an artifact of the way they have moved the loot around, the pit chest is now considered a new loot chest (shards only)

also public events can now give radiant shards/energy (not ascendant) as a reward so its worth trying to do one daily if you need tons of mats to hit 32. easy one is to head to divide on earth, it spawns around every 30 mins

really glad i got my flawless run done yesterday, it was pretty sneaky of bungie sneaking in this patch today

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Sneaky fucks patching a day before everyone was expecting. Reminds me of when my parents would come home a day early from vacation to bust me for having a party.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So at least the 32 level gloves will be ascendant material fed, thinking about doing that just to have options

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Confirmed. First chest is giving out rewards after the patch. I just did it.

I wonder if Deathsinger gives out rewards too since she was also changed.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Confirmed. First chest is giving out rewards after the patch. I just did it.

I wonder if Deathsinger gives out rewards too since she was also changed.
People saying no, but from what I've seen they had already killed death singer earlier in the week

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
That's what I was wondering. I looted the chest earlier this week but was able to loot it again for materials 10 minutes ago. I figured it was because they changed the loot table there. So I thought that Deathsinger might have given out loot if she had been killed earlier since they added a loot table to her. Guess not though. 2 extra shards and energies are fine by me.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
It might also be a case of she only has a chance to drop exotics, hence people just haven't gotten lucky yet.