Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Gratz you just described the whole video gaming industry,

Here's an idea. Maybe it's not for you anymore, maybe it's passed you by.

Some of you are getting pretty old anyway. Maybe you can invest in a diffrent hobby like coin collecting because if that is what pisses you off then I can guarantee it's never going to be the way you want it.
Not really. What I described is a new low for the gaming industry. And it doesn't surprise me that Activision tries it first. splitting a game into 4 sections to triple the revenue out of one game. That's about as good for the industry and quality of titles launched as is putting you on a cruise ship with Steve Ballmer and expecting him not to get a natural colonoscopy from your tongue.

Column_sl

shitlord
They've been doing that shit for the last 5 years. Like I said every Game launches with a Day 1 DLC now, and every triple A title launches with a season pass...

I don't think half a decade constitutes as new anymore. You are pretty old now tho, so maybe time goes by faster for you.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
How can you compare this when these are free season updates? They aren't charged for. Activision is trying to monetize it. (Unless I am reading you wrong)
This is true, but i mean in concept, repeatedly doing the same thing over and over ZZzzZZ - Yet and still hang a new carrot and the masses rejoice.

Code Name comet is rumored to come out late September/October. It has 0 competition, I expect another huge amount of sales.
Sir,..have you heard of this game called...HALO? It just happens to be due out in October and i dont see any way that the combined effort of both systems will outpace Halo sells alone, especially with how Destiny has been of late.

Metal Gear is also due out in September,...pretty sure it also will do better...

Not to mention other games due out by end of year...The Division and Rainbow 6 Siege, while they dont have confirmed dates they are suspected to be out by years end, i'd imagine they wouldnt try to compete directly with Cashgrab of Duty.

StarWars Battlefront also due out this winter..

alot of shit on deck, all of which are looking better than giving Bungie any more of my money for Destiny. I enjoyed my time in it for a couple months, but it really not worth another look, and as much as i liked the mechanics, the lack of everything else will keep me from buying a Destiny 2.

Column_sl

shitlord
The Division isnt coming out this year..

Halo if it come out on time will be end of October. All reports is it will be pushed back till December, and that is not cross platform.

Metal Gear is coming out beginning of September. So yeah if they launch it in that time frame it has nothing against it, and it's on 4 platforms....

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
They've been doing that shit for the last 5 years. Like I said every Game launches with a Day 1 DLC now, and every triple A title launches with a season pass...

I don't think half a decade constitutes as new anymore. You are pretty old now tho, so maybe time goes by faster for you.
I want you to name one game in where the publisher cut a fully fleshed out and complete game into 2 DLC packs and an entire new sequel launch and split it into 3 packages to make $149.98 off what was (13 months before launch I might add) a $59.99 game that was supposed to ship to begin with.

Name one game that did this. Because the only game I can think of is Mafia 2 when 2K cut Joe's Adventures from the original game when Tommy was in prison (And we were supposed to play through those) and not pay for them as additional content, along with Jimmy's Vendetta (The side questing portion of Mafia 2) being repackaged as DLC as well.

This sets an all new bar. Paying for 2 full priced games and 2 DLC expansions to receive what was intended in the original $59.99.

People have a right to know how much they are getting fucked over here.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The Division isnt coming out this year..

Halo if it come out on time will be end of October. All reports is it will be pushed back till December, and that is not cross platform.

Metal Gear is coming out beginning of September. So yeah if they launch it in that time frame it has nothing against it, and it's on 4 platforms....
The Division closed alpha has been going on for a bit now, and its been on slate for 2015 for a bit now, so unless they announce otherwise by E3 id expect it around that time. Halo will be out this year, be it pushed back or not, it already has a confirmed date for now.

I remember when Destiny came out, there was literally nothing else i could even think of to buy out. It wont be the same this time around. New Tomb Raider is also on deck - alot of shit will be clearer come E3.

Column_sl

shitlord
I want you to name one game in where the publisher cut a fully fleshed out and complete game into 2 DLC packs and an entire new sequel launch and split it into 3 packages to make $149.98 off what was (13 months before launch I might add) a $59.99 game that was supposed to ship to begin with.

Name one game that did this. Because the only game I can think of is Mafia 2 when 2K cut Joe's Adventures from the original game when Tommy was in prison (And we were supposed to play through those) and not pay for them as additional content, along with Jimmy's Vendetta (The side questing portion of Mafia 2) being repackaged as DLC as well.

This sets an all new bar. Paying for 2 full priced games and 2 DLC expansions to receive what was intended in the original $59.99.

People have a right to know how much they are getting fucked over here.
Ill just name one from the last month, Dragonball Xenoverse sold over million copies chopped its content into a season pass of 3 DLC's for the exact same amount of money as destiny. Less content in those 3 Dlcs then one of Destinys..

Pretty much every game that has a season pass you can claim the content could be in the game at launch...

Column_sl

shitlord
The Division closed alpha has been going on for a bit now, and its been on slate for 2015 for a bit now, so unless they announce otherwise by E3 id expect it around that time. Halo will be out this year, be it pushed back or not, it already has a confirmed date for now.

I remember when Destiny came out, there was literally nothing else i could even think of to buy out. It wont be the same this time around. New Tomb Raider is also on deck - alot of shit will be clearer come E3.
Good luck with the Divison. If they are so confident on a launch date then why not list one in 2015?

Tell you what I'll take an Avatar bets if Destiny doesnt hit top 3 sales of the month it's launched on the PSn network ( only one we can track via there Blog) for its first real expansion we change the Avatars for a month.
There's so many other games coming out right? so this should be an easy win

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ill just name one from the last month, Dragonball Xenoverse sold over million copies chopped its content into a season pass of 3 DLC's for the exact same amount of money as destiny.

Pretty much every game that has a season pass you can claim the content could be in the game at launch...
Since you cannot read I'll repeat the question. I'll bold the part you missed.

I want you to name one game in where the publisher cut a fully fleshed out and complete game into 2 DLC packs and anentire new sequel launchand split it into 3 packages to make $149.98 off what was (13 months before launch I might add) a $59.99 game that was supposed to ship to begin with.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Ill just name one from the last month, Dragonball Xenoverse sold over million copies chopped its content into a season pass of 3 DLC's for the exact same amount of money as destiny.

It shipped over a million but it hasnt sold that much.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse: Latest Sales in Japan and North America | Saiyan Island

unless those sales has gone through the roof i dont see it being beyond 3-400k - majority of those could still be sitting on shelves.

Tom Clancy's The Division - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia<-- Everything stated says 2015, but alot of games coming this year still dont have a specified date, its becoming the norm nowadays.

The Division for Xbox One- before someone gripes on it being a wiki entry.

Column_sl

shitlord
Since you cannot read I'll repeat the question. I'll bold the part you missed.
How do you know that Activision told Bungie to cut up their content. Lets see that from Activision and quoted. Otherwise you could claim that for any Publisher.

Crota doesn't even make sense in the main game, its more like episodic content...

Column_sl

shitlord
It shipped over a million but it hasnt sold that much.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse: Latest Sales in Japan and North America | Saiyan Island

unless those sales has gone through the roof i dont see it being beyond 3-400k - majority of those could still be sitting on shelves.

Tom Clancy's The Division - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia<-- Everything stated says 2015, but alot of games coming this year still dont have a specified date, its becoming the norm nowadays.

The Division for Xbox One- before someone gripes on it being a wiki entry.
Who cares, the sales weren't the point anyway. It could have no sales....

And until you give me a street date for the divison then no one knows when it will come out. They told us earlier it was going to be out allready, yet here we are.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I'd personally like to blame the big bad evil Activision for Destiny seeming like a half baked pile of shit but looking over the old footage of shit that didnt make it into the game and the supposed vision it just seems like they went a different direction too close to release and we ended up getting the short end of the stick.

What we need is a new Red Dead and L4D.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
How do you know that Activision told Bungie to cut up their content. Lets see that from Activision and quoted. Otherwise you could claim that for any Publisher.

Crota doesn't even make sense in the main game, its more like episodic content...
I can assure you with 100% certainty that the entire story was convoluted and disjointed because it was cut due to the fact that Activision wanted yearly retail upgrades and they wouldn't have enough dev time to create enough content needed for the next full launch in 2015. So they cut the holes from Destiny to create said content. This game was originally shipping with 25 story missions, 8 strikes, 6 Crucible maps, and 2 raids which actually tied the story together very well before it was sliced into 2 minor revenue "tweaks" and a major uptick in the fall of 2015 with the rest of it.

The only content you MAY want to look forward to in being different at least in environment, will be the next 2016 retail launch. With the same game types.

The game as it stands today? You are paying $150 for the original destiny in it's sold/made design doc because Activision wanted yearly full retail (59.99) launches but knew they wouldn't have enough content for year 2015 - so they told Bungie to cut it.

That being said, Bungie was not happy about it. But they have no say. They are under contract for 4 full retail "sequels".

Bungie got fucked.

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
IS the Mytho bugged right now? or you mean buffing it to 331?

I don't think they are going to do that man, The best you can hope for is what that guy said earlier about upgrading the new weapons to 365
No I mean the fusion rifle changes that hurt Mytho, bullet spread pattern change.

Column_sl

shitlord
Ok so hearsay then rofl. No proof ,just a gut feeling so lets go on that because if I read it on the Internet it must be true!

Also heres a little secret, every game rehashes their shit. Fucking Nintendo is famous for it, they made a whole industry giving us the same games every year with a new paint job.

BTW Bungie isn't infallible as you might think. Activision wasn't responsible for the decisions they made in game. They made a shit ton of mistakes, and are still making mistakes.

Anyone who actively plays this game can tell you even if Activison chopped up the content that is not the stuff they are worried about anyway. It's the refusal of Bungie to do simple things like adding Nightmare modes for expired raid zones, or a true rank mode for pvp.

The people that play Destiny like it, there is just nothing to do right now, and that isn't Activison's fault.

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
Get off that anyway, handguns are king in pvp for primary even with the nerfs.
I don't use Mytho in pvp, there are better guns to use. Talking about PvE where the accuracy at range got fucked. They said they were fixing Mytho with that fusion rifle change in the patch notes. Guess they forgot.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
The only other season pass / premium I've ever purchased has been for Dice games. (bf3/4) and I'm GLAD I purchased those. For Destiny you have to buy it to keep the top level cap / damage ratio. Different models, but pretty smart fuck over your player base kinda way.

I've read a few reddit threads about the Story content being butchered and a few previous Bungie employees confirmed it. I didn't click any of the links at the time, but their case is believable. I think Dattodoesdestiny youtuber mentioned it back around the new year on his chan too. I'm not invested in yalls arguement and I even admit that you both have good points. You realize that you two can both be right at the same time? Yes?

Honestly I think you can only disagree on the idea being that sales reflect quality or enjoyment of a game. You shouldn't attribute quality of fun, or having fun, to dollar signs unless you're talking about your own pocket.