Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Talking about wolf hunting? Try Skywatch. Always lots of people there. The event spawns every 8 minutes, and you can get the chest at least 2 or 3 times in any location, sometimes 4 if you are fast.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
So what's the general consensus here on HoW? Worth the $?

Don't like the fact that there is no raid content and whatnot but the PvP elements and shit looks awesome.

spronk

FPS noob
worth it if you have 2 other (and only 2) people you play with all the time since the new PVE and PVP mode are both 3 player team based. otherwise its pretty meh, unless you enjoy the loot grind you will probably be done with HoW in 3 or 4 play sessions

So what's the general consensus here on HoW? Worth the $?

Don't like the fact that there is no raid content and whatnot but the PvP elements and shit looks awesome.
Also logged in first time in 2 months, played 1 hour and finished all the new story missions and unlocked Prison.

Guy I play with (Takebeer) already had 2 level 34's 8 hours after server went up. (beat level 34 prison)

Pretty sure I agree with guy above, content will be seen in 2-4 play sessions. Beating level 35 Prison might take a few days.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They appear to be on the weekly timer, so if they -are- daily, they will reset in about 2hrs (10am PST), but if they are actually weekly bounties...then blah.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Picture of her "stock" refresh

9T7tWCO.jpg

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
We waited all this time for this shit?

Is there a serious explanation for the ridiculous lack of content in this game even almost a year after release? Genuinely confusing.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
We waited all this time for this shit?

Is there a serious explanation for the ridiculous lack of content in this game even almost a year after release? Genuinely confusing.
They had the launch title and the content from these two expansions completed. Along with that, around 50% of the story content was cut from the original game we haven't seen yet, to be packaged with another full retail "expansion" for $59.99 in the fall. (E3 announcement I am guessing)

Rumor also has it that Activision did this because they wanted to set the stage for a yearly full priced release and 2 expansion packs on going for the next 5 years. They didn't have enough content to do this if they would have launched the full game in year one. So they cut, and cut severely. The main launch title is about 30% of what it once was in 2013, and they used limited (cut) content to fulfill the two expansion packs, with roughly 50% of the original game cut and slated (But fully functional) until the next fall full retail release which gave Bungie enough time to create the remainder of the next fall release (2015) and get an expansion ahead while building different teams. So for this first launch, people are really paying $59.99 + 19 + 19 + $59 (This fall) to see what the original game would have been from launch had Activision waited a year between major content patches. Their main concern however was making sure they had enough content to market another $59.99 full launch title in the fall of 2015.

So as you can see, the story itself which doesn't make any sense, doesn't make any sense because over 70% of it was cut to hold until the next year to resell, along with the expansions, and obviously wouldn't be put in the proper order they were originally meant for in the original design document when it came to the actual story, in which it hops all over. To "try" and fix that, they developed grimoire cards at the last minute to try and fill in the story bits at the last minute so it wouldn't look so obvious... but hardly anyone read them, and as we know, the story should be told through the gameplay.

Now the end result is seeing two very small pieces of limited content, and the rest of the game in the fall.

What it means for wallets is if someone buys the fall release at full price, they will have paid $159.96 ($59.99 launch title + $19.99 Dark Below + $19.99 Wolves +$59.99 second full fall retail release) to see what Destiy would have been had Activision not intervened and sliced it for their marketing plan of one 59.99 game per year, 2-19.99 DLC's in between. That number will probably grow to 4 packs a year inbetween the full launches.

Rumor has it this was all Activision, and Bungie had no control.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Story? What story?

From start to finish, the only things that happen are a Rubik's Cube wakes up a zombie spartan and he fights aliens from 5th Element. That's it.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
This DLC has so little content it is baffling. They added a new hub which is literally one small room with like 5 people in it, a strike that utilizes already existing zone, 5-6 story missions that also use existing zones (one of which is a collect mission literally doing nothing from this DLC), and a 3 man strike/raid hybrid that uses 4 rooms and some minorly new mechanics.

Plus ToO which I haven't played yet, but is just pvp with a new rule set.

spronk

FPS noob
i did the 32 poe with a destinyLFG group (all of us were 32) and it was pretty easy, I think we only wiped once. The 34 isn't really much harder, but since all of us were 33 (we burned our armor cores) the round 4 hive mobs were basically 1 shotting us since its arc bonus and they all shoot arc damage, we did get to the 5th round after 30+ wipes but I had to leave for dinner after 2 tries.

The ideal team really is 2 titans + 1 hunter or 2 hunters + 1 titan, especially for the bubble and stealth aspects when capping mines. Warlocks don't really seem that great for POE, although I guess maybe with patience & time you can try to kneel and cap and pray you don't die. If the whole team is 34 its probably a lot easier too.

i think i'm just going to take it easy and do the 32 POEs on all my chars (you have to FULLY unlock it to do it, cant even join another persons group), get all my chars to 32, and then not bother with 34 and 35 this week. Next week doing it again and the NFs should hopefully get everyone to 34, and then 34 POE will be a lot easier. Its definitely doable at 33 but its gonna be a 2-3 hour affair with a lot of close wipes, not worth it for first weeks bragging rights to me. Also ToO may provide an extra piece of gear to make 34 easier.

Column_sl

shitlord
The ideal team is actually. Hunter, Warlock, Titan believe it, or not.

You only need one bubble, and almost all the boards have cheese spots. Better to have a pocket rez, and for stuff like the last boss of the 34 board a warlock never even touches the ground with angel of light. Sure you may go a touch faster with two synced up bubbles, but with the burns it barely matters.

Really the whole thing was easy. The last boss on 35 POE is is just pop bubble, and everyone ghallys. He dies in 10 seconds.

With all the cheese spots in the raid, you can use whatever as long as you have one Titan. Really Ghally is the only thing that helps a ton.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
A little behind, but I did 28 poe last night for the first time. Opened the chest and got a new truth. Already had one so it wasn't a huge deal, but now I don't have to spend the mats to upgrade it to 364 so that's nice. Again, I'm behind but I wasn't expecting an exotic from that chest

Column_sl

shitlord
A little behind, but I did 28 poe last night for the first time. Opened the chest and got a new truth. Already had one so it wasn't a huge deal, but now I don't have to spend the mats to upgrade it to 364 so that's nice. Again, I'm behind but I wasn't expecting an exotic from that chest
How the chest works is once a week if you use your treasure key you are guaranteed an exotic. If you use another key on a chest with the same character you will no longer get an exotic.

So if you had 3 characters you would get 3 guaranteed exotics a week from that chest.

Only thing that sucks is all the new HOW weapon exotics are given as a random reward while killing bosses in POE's. It will come up on your screen as a new bounty, and you turn that in for the weapon of your choice so I suggest never having your quests full when going into a POE.

As a tip, if you can complete the 35 version save your treasure key for that chest because it will also reward you the emblem/shader, and a chance at the ship/sparrow

A couple of other comments.

The new Trials weapons have been garbage compared to the raid weapons. None of the primaries have a burn on them, so useless. You can see the auto rifle already up on the vendor.

Surprised they didn't go three of each type since we have a arc handgun/void handgun, and a arc scout rifle/solar scout rifle.

Also, you can get sets of armor you can equip in the airlock that will give you buffs for a certain faction in the arena. Everything from super regen/quick super to super armor/super agility etc.

Not sure I would bother given how easy the POE's are, but doesn't hurt if there is some stupid modifier going on as the weeks change.

spronk

FPS noob
for anyone having probs with POE 34 wave 4, the one with the arc burn and a million wizards and boomers trying to kill you while defusing, the cheese spot definitely works. leave 1 mob alive in wave 1, have 1 person go stand up on the cheese spot, and the other 2 stand away from him and kill the last mob. the mobs stand in their doors and you can defuse the mines without interference. same for wave 3 then. its a little tough telling what the fuck the spot is from this post/image, but basically go right from the entrance and up slightly until you see the curved fang things. did it today in a lfg group that was on wave 4 and we 1 shot it and the final boss, ez.
LVL 34 PoE WORLDS FIRST CHEESE ROUND 4(HIVE) WAVE 1-3 : DestinyTheGame