Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Am I missing something here, or is there really no reason to worry about getting HoW end game weapons? With the ability to ascend all of our VoG and CE weapons, and the reroll ability of all HoW legendary weapons, do we need anything else really? For example, Verik is selling an AR for a weapon core. It's not even elemental, but if it was, it's perk is just extra shank damage. Why would I use it over an ascended fatebringer, VoC (or whatever else bread and butter weapon you'd care to list).

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying HoW imensely. I just don't see the need to worry about obtaining anything other than etheric light (and I guess treasure keys), to max out my characters and collect the new exotics.

edit: and while I'm thinking about it, adding reforging made my storage vault issue 10x worse. Now I am keeping EVERY single drop I get in HoW with the intent to reforge it later. Pre-HoW I'd just dismantle 95% of the legendary loot I received because it had bad rolls. I'm also holding onto all the generic armor so I can ascend it later and have a custom looking 34. My vault issues went from bad to critical when HoW dropped.

Praetorian

Golden Knight of the Realm
Am I missing something here, or is there really no reason to worry about getting HoW end game weapons? With the ability to ascend all of our VoG and CE weapons, and the reroll ability of all HoW legendary weapons, do we need anything else really? For example, Verik is selling an AR for a weapon core. It's not even elemental, but if it was, it's perk is just extra shank damage. Why would I use it over an ascended fatebringer, VoC (or whatever else bread and butter weapon you'd care to list).

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying HoW imensely. I just don't see the need to worry about obtaining anything other than etheric light (and I guess treasure keys), to max out my characters and collect the new exotics.

edit: and while I'm thinking about it, adding reforging made my storage vault issue 10x worse. Now I am keeping EVERY single drop I get in HoW with the intent to reforge it later. Pre-HoW I'd just dismantle 95% of the legendary loot I received because it had bad rolls. I'm also holding onto all the generic armor so I can ascend it later and have a custom looking 34. My vault issues went from bad to critical when HoW dropped.
Worry not! I'm sure there will be a DLC for extra bank space.

Goatface

dealing with the limitations of last gen, think the only way can do it would be to split everything up into different vaults and really believe that would utter baffle a chunk of the player base so bad they would rather just listen to people bitch.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.

No reason to worry about HoW weapons if I understand it correctly. Icebreaker and G-horn is still the best choises for exotics as far as I know and old raid weapons (hence all you need for burns) can be upgraded....

Choise is nice, but I am a firm beliver that Bungie are kicking themselves for introducing G-horn and Icebreaker. There is simply nothing that can compete with them (PvE wise ofc, no clue about the PvP side but I hear Thorn is the "thing" there). So we end up in a situation of having to wait for upgrades to those two weapons, which I dont see happening, or being stuck with them as top-tier weapons forever.

The only thing Bungie could do is to make bosses G-horn proof (anti missile drones/defense/powers) to negate it, but Icebreakers ammo regen is hard to get rid of unless you totaly re-design the weapon.

No reason to worry about HoW weapons if I understand it correctly. Icebreaker and G-horn is still the best choises for exotics as far as I know and old raid weapons (hence all you need for burns) can be upgraded....

Choise is nice, but I am a firm beliver that Bungie are kicking themselves for introducing G-horn and Icebreaker. There is simply nothing that can compete with them (PvE wise ofc, no clue about the PvP side but I hear Thorn is the "thing" there). So we end up in a situation of having to wait for upgrades to those two weapons, which I dont see happening, or being stuck with them as top-tier weapons forever.

The only thing Bungie could do is to make bosses G-horn proof (anti missile drones/defense/powers) to negate it, but Icebreakers ammo regen is hard to get rid of unless you totaly re-design the weapon.
Or stop letting the old weapons get upgraded... When new snipers do 800 damage and icebreaker stuck at under 400 people will drop them. To be honest I wish they would let the old items go obsolete, sick of getting year old exotics on new content. Pack rats.....

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It was fine at the beginning of crota because you didn't NEED ice breaker to be 331. It was fine at 300. Sure, it dropped off after a while and needed to be replaced or upgraded but initially, no one was hurting for jellyhorn and icebreaker to be 331 damage. Now? Unless you have a fully upgraded jelly or IB you just aren't getting into end game without friends.

spronk

FPS noob
poe 34 isn't too bad, didn't look for any cheese spots like last weeks hive since there weren't any super burn levels. the last boss is easy with 3 gallahorns, just pop a bubble at the entrance as you run out and gallahorn him to death, took 3 34s only 25 seconds to kill him and around 26 rockets (I had 5 left from 2nd synth). i feel i'm done with POE, its not dropping anything I give a shit about and pretty boring. i am not farming keys so didn't open any chests for the 2 clears of 32 and 34 I did today. 100% exotic is only for the first poe chest you open on your character, after that it seems to drop to a 60% or so guaranteed exotic (any exotic, not just how) on subsequent weeks.

HoW is better than TDB if you are really into pvp and good, it is pretty shitty if you are only into PVE. on the plus side i feel like i'm opening a ton of time up to play witcher 3

j00t

It'll be interesting to see what the sales for the next expansion is compared to the last two. A lot of people bought the season pass. For me, the price tag doesn't hurt because I already bought it last year. But no way am I spending any more money on this caliber of content

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
Yeah I'm in a similar situation. I bought Destiny and the two expansion packs at the time of release. I haven't even bothered to log in yet for this expansion. Truth be told I have been busy with Witcher 3, which I'm enjoying immensely, so if it wasn't for that I probably would log in and give it a go.

The next expansion better be worth the money.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So anyone else not get an exotic from their first PoE completion (any version) of the week? We jumped into the 32, everyone had keys on them, but no one got an exotic from the chest, even though all our characters got an exotic last week on their first kill.

j00t

Clearly, the guaranteed exotic is first chest only. Supposedly its about a 50/50 chance every other week? There was a poll on reddit but it was probably misunderstood, giving it a higher percentage then is real

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah I heard the same thing. Guaranteed week 1, about 50/50 every weekly reset after that. I dunno how I feel about that. With how rare the treasure keys are, or grindy to get them, they should have a very high chance in that PoE chest that requires the key, especially considering you have a decent chance at exotics from easy targets now like Ir Yut, Crota, Atheon, and the Gorgon chest. I've got 4 keys left but am in no hurry to burn through them all. Last thing I want at this point is to waste a key, actually get lucky with an exotic, and have it be some crap from release or TDB.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
It was fine at the beginning of crota because you didn't NEED ice breaker to be 331. It was fine at 300. Sure, it dropped off after a while and needed to be replaced or upgraded but initially, no one was hurting for jellyhorn and icebreaker to be 331 damage. Now? Unless you have a fully upgraded jelly or IB you just aren't getting into end game without friends.
Why would you NOT have a fully upgraded G-horn or Icebreaker if you had the weapons before? Paying the mighty fee of 1 exotic shard to upgrade your old trusted weapon (and not needing to re-grind the fucking thing, praise the lord) is hardly a barrier?

In the last expansion you had some barrier with needing Xul for the upgrade (but lets face it, G-horn was availible as an upgrade 95% of the time) but now its more or less a free upgrade.

I have noticed that armor dont really work the same thou. While you get the 42 light, the stats are not boosted the same way. Had a helmet I upgraded that had 110 Int, got a new one from the chest and it had 132 Int.

j00t

I didn't mean it in the sense that you shouldn't upgrade it. I meant it in the sense that the ability to upgrade it has put a pretty severe barrier to entry for those of us who have not been visited by RNGesus

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wife and I finally opened up the event. Once we both have a night off we might knock it out at least once.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Word of advice:

Don' be an idiot like me and finish the 34 PoE with a full bounty list. I probably just wasted getting the exotic bounty, but I guess I'll never know.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Felt like burning a weapon and armor core and taking a chance with Verik on his Judgement's chance. Was hoping for some good armor piece he's never sold before. Ended up getting Wolves Leash (scout rifle). I don't get why Verik's weapons are kinetic, and unless I'm reading it wrong, I can't reforge it. It has a stun fallen captain perk but with almost half the ammo capacity as Fang of Ir Yut, and it isn't even elemental, I don't see ever using any of the Verik weapons...ever.

What kind of stuff have you gotten from Judgement's chance?

Column_sl

shitlord
Skollas is the only one that drops elementary primarys in the prison, and it is a random drop. They are the same ones people can get out of the chest, or roll for but they have burns on them.
We got a couple this week. Every weapon/armor is randomly rolled in the prison.

It happens right when the boss dies so before you loot the chest. He can also drop the Exotic weapon Bounty, but you can also get that from the 34 boss.

For instance you can get a auto rifle that is arc, and stuns captains, or has an all fallen burn etc