Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Column_sl

shitlord
Two of the different swords in action

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG..._ttk_here_are/

m2S751Y.jpg

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I'm really disappointed with that. It seems they're far too limited use. I was hoping for them to be the weakest of all heavy types but allow for near unlimited use.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
the twitch bungie stream today said the raid is going to open up on 9/18, only 3 days after taken king opens. that kinda sucks, woulda been better to give 7-10 days for everyone to level up and explore shit. they showed a quick 1 min peak at the raid too
Totally agree. I don't have tons of playtime, but was hoping if they held the raid back a week or so, I'd have a shot of being where I needed to be level/gear wise to run the raid when it is still brand new to everyone.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I wonder if the Nolan Northification of the original content will go live with 2.0. I might just start a new character and play through since I havent touched Destiny in quite a while

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
from the BWU: 2.0 on the 8th brings the weapon rebalance, but also will convert the leveling system to xp only (hard capped at 34 until the 15th), will open TK new PVP maps and modes (rift/mayhem), will convert all of our gear/weapons to the new stat system, will add the shader/emblem kiosks to the tower, and will change the gunsmith to have his rep and weapon field testing (this change according to a tweet not the WU).

Column_sl

shitlord
If anyone wants a ton of exp potions for Taken King this is the easiest way to do it.

Things to note.

1) You can only redeem 100 potions on your account.

2) Make sure you have a consumable slot open when you take it from the post master.

3) They are not bound to any one character so you can trade them around.

4) You have until the 15th and then the offer expires

Quickest way to do this. Did 100 potions in a little over an hour

1) Use this link for the python script that will generate you the numbers.https://repl.it/vZV/1001Just hit run and it will generate you a batch

2) Use the Hola extension for Chrome so you can constantly reset your IP off red bulls website.https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...fbnlmeio?hl=en

3) Go to this site using Hola to redeem codeshttp://quest.redbull.com/us/en

4)When you run into errors, or the website blocks the IP change your VPN to another country.

5) Keep a notepad next to you that you can track down how many you redeemed since Bungie has a little bit of a lag till they get to your postmaster. The potions will stack up to 100. If you do not see them immediately close Destiny and go back to the Tower.

If anyone wants a ton of exp potions for Taken King this is the easiest way to do it.

Things to note.

1) You can only redeem 100 potions on your account.

2) Make sure you have a consumable slot open when you take it from the post master.

3) They are not bound to any one character so you can trade them around.

4) You have until the 15th and then the offer expires

Quickest way to do this. Did 100 potions in a little over an hour

1) Use this link for the python script that will generate you the numbers.https://repl.it/vZV/1001Just hit run and it will generate you a batch

2) Use the Hola extension for Chrome so you can constantly reset your IP off red bulls website.https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...fbnlmeio?hl=en

3) Go to this site using Hola to redeem codeshttp://quest.redbull.com/us/en

4)When you run into errors, or the website blocks the IP change your VPN to another country.

5) Keep a notepad next to you that you can track down how many you redeemed since Bungie has a little bit of a lag till they get to your postmaster. The potions will stack up to 100. If you do not see them immediately close Destiny and go back to the Tower.
no worries about banhammer?

you need to change IP's after each code? Tried two in a row and it said need to email them due to unusual activity.

Column_sl

shitlord
Yeah, its not run by Bungie so don't have to worry about any kind of ban. It's just an algorithm that Red Bull uses to generate numbers.

If you get the message you got you can still keep inputting more codes. When you have to change to another country is when the page goes completely white with an error, or it says it blocked your IP.

Once you get the hang of it, can get it down to a rhythm, and input a ton of codes very fast.

Also I was wrong when I said 100, it caps at 101 on Bungies site. I checked my postmaster this morning to verify.

At that point the website will report back that you have reached the cap.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So wait, they are getting rid of the shitty ass light levels and now its just straight exp, as in like grinding mobs and such? Or am I missing something? Because I thought that this was one of the bigest downfalls of this game was the retarded light system and relying soley on RNG. For instance you could have 1000 hours in this game and still be that one or two pieces short while a dude that played 100 could have it all because rng.

Because if thats the case, I will be revisiting this game for sure.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Light system still in. Now its the average of weapon + armor stats. Its divorced from regular levels though. Now you have level 40 + some light levels.

Column_sl

shitlord
So wait, they are getting rid of the shitty ass light levels and now its just straight exp, as in like grinding mobs and such?
It's worse now imo, they are doing gear level like in WOW.

So everything is the same now, it's just the illusion that you are at the capped level when the enviroment still works off your gear level.

You can clearly see this in play with the court of oryx demonstration.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
@ Mk

Like Wormie said, light is seperate from character levels so no more being at the mercy of RNG. I don't think it is known yet just how much your light rating increases dmg though?

Edit: Basically what Column said but I think I might prefer it to the terrible system in year 1. Theoretically at least.

Column_sl

shitlord
Like Wormie said, light is seperate from character levels so no more being at the mercy of RNG.
That is mis information, you are still at the mercy of not only RNG, but of light levels.

Like I said watch the Court of Oryx video, you can clearly see they can not complete events due to being under the light level requirement. That is no different then year 1.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I kind of like the change to be honest. Light levels indicate power now and nothing else and you gain light through gaining more powerful gear. Its a lot more clear than having light levels imo.

Column_sl

shitlord
I kind of like the change to be honest. Light levels indicate power now and nothing else and you gain light through gaining more powerful gear. Its a lot more clear than having light levels imo.
Look at the patch notes, light level dictates everything including health. Events are dictated by your light level. If you are under that light level you do very little to no damage.

It is no different then year 1 except now we have more inflated numbers to deal with.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
That is mis information, you are still at the mercy of not only RNG, but of light levels
Not in the context with which he was speaking. The difference in dmg between 29 and 30 was 30%. Thats pretty significant considering when I played there was only 4 pieces of gear, when combined, that would get me there.

Unless your privy to hard numbers it's just too early to tell how light effects us in the end game.