Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
My PS4 didn't download the patch today in rest mode so it just started when I got home and turned it fully on.
frown.png
Timer is estimating 4 hours to dl. ugh!

I cant stand the new actor, at least with Dinklebot I could tune him out since he was so monotone. The new guy is so high pitched it bugs the shit out of me.
Holy shit, I had to mute my TV when I awoke the hive and redid the stranger rifle. Nolanbot is horrid. Way worse that the old ghost.

Column_sl

shitlord
Finished the Sunsingers quest all the way up to the turn in. Will wait for TK to turn it in since you can't wear it anyway.

The Void bomb one seems bugged. Best i've gotten off a large pack is 6 so far.

spronk

FPS noob
I'm going to hold off doing the new class quests since i don't want to roll over my vanguard rep, plus i figure they will give XP towards leveling to 40. there's also apparently faction pledge quests, someone said the dead orbit one is clearing a heroic strike 10 times. fuck that when the only one you can do this week is omnigul

DIM got an update too works with 2.0

all in all a week really just to keep playing MGS 5, not a whole lot you can do in destiny until next tuesday.

Oh re: armor mats, you still have all the old ones (plasteel, hadronic essence, etc). next week the vanguard rep will let you convert it 1:1 to the new armor materials. Anything you shard right now gets turned into armor materials.

Column_sl

shitlord
Just checked my postmaster, and I had a Storm callers starter kit in there.

An exotic class item that is pretty awesome for leveling, a storm caller shader ,and a legendary emote

rrr_img_109226.jpg
rrr_img_109227.jpg

Column_sl

shitlord
Nolan North is getting shit on this morning over at the Destiny forums. It truly is awful. Can't wait for the articles asking for Dinklebot back

Also Gunsmith isn't giving out quests yet, maybe later today.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Sooo HM story missions require 240 light.... Serves me right for arguing with Column. Kinda strange considering I did the first 2 TDB Missions on hard pre 2.0 and they were a cake walk.

Also did my first prison of elders. Why in the fuck are the chests way at the bottom of a pit!? By the time I found it I was out of time.

All that aside, I didn't realise just how much I missed the game. Felt real good to be back and just running through the DLC story (and a few bounties) got me to 34 so I should have np being caught up by next week.

spronk

FPS noob
for anyone wondering whether to do the sub class quests @ 34 now or wait, i can confirm you don't get any vanguard rep until the very last step. so you can do em all now and just hold off on turning the last quest in until next week, then get the rep/xp when 40 is unlocked. The last step is generating 7 orbs with your super 3 times in a strike, and the reward is a level 40 legendary class item. I don't know if the regular class quest (gives you a 180 blue class item at 30) also gives you vanguard rep or not, I held off on turning that in until next week. There are 3 quests per character, 1 for each subclass and one overall class quest. Plus one for Eris Morn and Crota.

and yeah i think ultimately the old way of level = difficulty is going to be easier for people to understand, now its light = difficulty and some people just aren't going to get it especially when it comes to raids. Its totally like Wow/FF14 and iLevel, and we will see the same level of douchebaggery down the road. Not a huge deal for anyone who plays regularly, I'm sure within the first 48 hours it'll be fairly easy to get to light 240, tackle the normal raid, and hit light 250 or whatever the current max is going to be. But down the road it'll be a big stumbling block for new players and vets with full hard mode raid loadouts.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Went to google the new voice actor and accidentally searched Peter North instead...GG.

Column_sl

shitlord
Some of their voice actors are fantastic, like the guy who voices the crucible. I have no idea why they keep screwing up on their main actor, they really need a better casting team at Bungie.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
So from what I've read so far, 2.0 is out but there's no quests and people are avoiding exping or something until next week? What's the deal?

Column_sl

shitlord
for anyone wondering whether to do the sub class quests @ 34 now or wait, i can confirm you don't get any vanguard rep until the very last step. so you can do em all now and just hold off on turning the last quest in until next week, then get the rep/xp when 40 is unlocked. The last step is generating 7 orbs with your super 3 times in a strike, and the reward is a level 40 legendary class item. I don't know if the regular class quest (gives you a 180 blue class item at 30) also gives you vanguard rep or not, I held off on turning that in until next week. There are 3 quests per character, 1 for each subclass and one overall class quest. Plus one for Eris Morn and Crota.

and yeah i think ultimately the old way of level = difficulty is going to be easier for people to understand, now its light = difficulty and some people just aren't going to get it especially when it comes to raids. Its totally like Wow/FF14 and iLevel, and we will see the same level of douchebaggery down the road. Not a huge deal for anyone who plays regularly, I'm sure within the first 48 hours it'll be fairly easy to get to light 240, tackle the normal raid, and hit light 250 or whatever the current max is going to be. But down the road it'll be a big stumbling block for new players and vets with full hard mode raid loadouts.
Also do your faction item quest even tho you can't turn it in yet. It nets a 290 exotic class item for level 40.

It is also an exotic item that allows you to slot another exotic item in another armor slot. So can have 2, which is pretty huge upgrade right off the bat.

spronk

FPS noob
you need to be faction level 25 (dead orbit, new monarchy, future war cult) to get it. i never got that high
frown.png
fuck me

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So checking last night after patch, my warlock is 31, and my titan and hunter are both 30. so I should level them up to 34? Is this the cap right now? Also my light is like 139 or some shit, is this good? Help me out bros, its been a while.

Edit: Also If I redo the planet missions, should I be doing them Hard mode? What are all you guys doing?

Column_sl

shitlord
you need to be faction level 25 (dead orbit, new monarchy, future war cult) to get it. i never got that high
frown.png
fuck me
You also need one shader, one emblem, and one class item equipped from each faction while doing the quest. All my characters are super old so got the quests right off the bat.