Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
don't know if it was debunked, but there was a picture floating around of a guy from russia i think, who took a pic of xur selling gally. he said he was standing right where xur spawned, he immediately looked at his inventory and when he tried to buy gally, it wouldn't let him. he tried a few times and it eventually booted him. when he came back, there was no weapons. i mean, could have been a doctored picture, and i'm not internet superslueth... but with bungie's track record as of late, i definitely am willing to put some stock into it.
If it is the german picture you talk about, it was a shop work, and upon inspection it said "GallaThorn".

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So I hit 20 and now I guess I grind strikes like it is 2009 in WoW? Or PvP I guess?

Antithesis

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So I hit 20 and now I guess I grind strikes like it is 2009 in WoW? Or PvP I guess?
Been a while since I leveled a toon but you need to get to 32 to be able to run the 32 POE for the armor cores to buy the gear to get ya to 34 (or hope you comes across etheric light).

Anyway I am jumping ahead.

Go to the faction vendors. Find the one selling the gear ya like, buy their trinket, equip it, and farm crucible marks (all the tower faction vendors take crucible marks only) you can cut out an extra week of farming by also running strikes, the daily and weekly (I think around lvl 25 or so) and public events can get you the vanguard marks you need to buy vanguard armor from your trainer in the tower.

Unless you get some lucky engram drops or strike rewards, your main focus now will be churning faction reputation and farming marks to buy the lvl 32 legendary armor. Once at 32 you can run the night falls and the 32 POE to help gear up to 34.

Also it is Iron Banner week this week. You can buy etheric light from the vendor in the tower their (he sells 2 per character. rank 3 and 5 respectively) although personally I hate using etheric light to level up armor as most of it will probably not be worth anything for Taken King. he weapons though I have heard they will still be used. That's the rumor anyway.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
There are factions in this game? lol
Vanguard (get tokens from PvE), Future War Cult, New Monarchy and Dead Orbit (uses the PvP tokens, need their class item to gain rep for ranks) and the pure PvP vendor. Also Iron Banner!
smile.png

Edit: Also for Iron Banner, unless you LOVE PvP, dont start grinding until saturday or such, there is a bonus token you can buy from their vendor that does amazing things for the rep gains. Example: Bounty handed in yesterday (day 1) 143 rep, last time I got 400+ for that on sunday (day 6). You also get a bonus for wearing their shader, their banner and class item... and to top it off, if you have another character with high rep you get bonus for gains on your alt also...

I usualy do rank 1-5 on one char friday-saturday and then get rank 5 on my two others just playing a few hours on sunday/monday.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
If you max out vanguard marks two weeks in a row and just get a few coins to buy an exotic from Xur you will be fully ready to hit 30.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
You can do Vault of Glass / Crota's End with pickup groups too on DestinyLFG.com or whatev. Probably would recommend being level 28 at the very least for VoG, maybe even 29-30 since you will be completely new and probably die a good bit unless you luck out with a nice/skilled group. Once you hit 30 you can do Crota's End on normal probably relatively easily.

edit; If you're on Ps3 I can carry you through the raids with my group unbelievably easily. You wouldn't have to worry about being a noob, either.

Skrigg

Golden Squire
Just picked up a ps4 Monday and hit 20 on my warlock. Would someone give me a run down of how to gear and progress the end game? So far I've just been running the level 22 strike Playlist.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can just focus on running those until you get enough Vanguard marks to buy the base gear. Might get enough Strange coins to buy an exotic off Xur, who is a weekend vender. Once you're 26 a lot of the game opens up. Nightfall, Heroic daily hard modes, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/user/DattoDoesDestinyIs a decent channel to watch for run throughs, weapon and solo guides.

I haven't played the latest DLC much, just basically unlocked everything and went back to bf4 / Planetside 2, but feel free to psn+ add me.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Gotta say I wasn't really interested in the newest expansion, but I might be changing my tune. Just read that the levels are getting raised to 40 and that light on gear is completely gone. 1-40 is going to be all from exp. If I was new to the game I'd just wait until the expansion hits and then play. Fuck the strike gear grinding.

Edit - guess a link might help -http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ing-89056.aspx

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yup the new leveling mechanism seems a bit more sane I never did care for the getting gear to raise your "level" thing it wound up with some really odd issues where you felt like you were making no progress at all then you get the right item and stuff starts moving again.

Column_sl

shitlord
I just see them talking about legendaries in their interview, can you link where you are seeing Exotics?

Can't see how they would do Exotics unless they want to dump a whole ton of them in the Taken King.

Also I'm sad to see Light levels go away, was one of the more unique things in Destiny. Everyone does level based systems.

During a call with investors today, Activision Blizzard reported better-than-expected earnings for the second quarter of its fiscal year. It's GAAP revenues for Q2 came in at $1.04 billion USD.

Digital revenue for the company came in at a Q2-record 55% of total revenue, with $569 million coming in digitally. When the numbers are presented on a Non-GAAP basis, growth in digital sales year-over-year was 27%..

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah. it sounds like just legendary stuff will be left behind. Exotics should have a way to upgrade, or at least be used in some way to reach Taken King tier. But left behind is a strong way to put it. It's not like they will vanish the day TK drops. Heck, I used my 300 fatebringer through all of TDB (331 cap) and 300 in HoW (365) until I got an etheric light. I can see most of us using VoC, FB, BH, etc for at least a little while.

I wasn't all that excited about TK at first, but now it just sounds awesome. For those that haven't or don't want to read on Reddit, here is a direct cop-y paste summary of what we learned today. So much awesome stuff.

Level cap raised to 40
Cryptarch rewards from engrams are now more in line with the type of Engram you got
The second half of the Taken King apparently starts once you reach the Endgame (Questlines throughout the Destiny Universe!)
Your Ghost can now scan objects to offer more insight into the world's lore (IE, scan a Cabal soldier, gives you info on their Military Regiment)
You can now turn in Bounties without returning to the Bounty Board!
Intelligence, Discipline, and Strength now have numerical "tiers" that decide their influence on your character
A new progress system where you sacrifice an existing piece of gear that belongs to the same slot (? Kind of confused about this and this is literally how it's read)
The Tower and its NPCs have been retooled to offer quests/story/insight into the world as you level up your character from 1-40 (!!!! Cryptarch, Gunsmith, etc questlines!!!!)
Entire base game/expansions retooled for narrative and access purposes to make much more sense (Example: after meeting the Queen for the first time, the Reef is open to you)
Subclasses, old and new, have their own questlines (?)
GUNSMITH NOW HAS A REP AND THE HIGHER YOUR REP, THE MORE "PROTOTYPE WEAPONS" HE OFFERS FOR YOU TO "TEST IN THE FIELD" FOR REP. Reaching a certain Rep with Banshee allows you access to "Armsday", a weekly purchase that allows you to ORDER LEGENDARY GUNS with GLIMMER.
Crucible and Vanguard Marks are gone! ALL HAIL THE UNIVERSAL "LEGENDARY MARKS" FOR LEGENDARY VENDOR PURCHASES!
Class specific materials needed for upgrading are gone! Hadronic Essences, Armor Plating, etc. have been replaced by "Armor Materials", making it easier to utilize materials on one character towards another to progress them.
NO LONGER FORCED TO WEAR A CLASS ITEM WHEN LEVELLING UP NEW MONARCHY, DEAD ORBIT, OR FWC (you pledge to each faction!)
You can turn in materials to these above factions for a Rep Gain (like the Speaker with Glimmer)
NEW SYSTEM THAT RECORDS ALL SHADERS AND, ONCE YOU'VE GAINED IT, YOU'RE ABLE TO CHOOSE FROM THEM ANYTIME YOU VISIT THE SYSTEM (also shows you the Shaders you don't have AND HOW TO OBTAIN THEM!)
Same above system with Emblems!
New Exotics are tied into Questlines!
RAIL GUN FUSION RIFLE HEAVY WEAPON EXOTIC HNNNNNG YE SON YOU READ THAT RIGHT.
Eight new Crucible Maps
Weekly Crucible and Trials bounties! Complete all 5 of the Weeklies for the week, and you gain access to a 6th that has a chance to reward you either a Legendary or Exotic!
ENDGAME THAT EXPLORES PREVIOUS ENDGAME (Vault of Glass) AND FURTHERS TO STORY EVEN AFTER FINISHING THE STORY MISSIONS
Bosses/mechanics that aren't purely Bullet Sponge-y!
Crucible has a "mercy rule"

Game Informer TTK Info Dump Megathread : DestinyTheGame

Antithesis

Bronze Knight of the Realm
That sounds... great! Though gotta say in hindsight it is almost as if the first year was just a paid beta for Bungie to figure out how to get the game right. Grinding quest lines far more interesting than farming marks/ materials imho.

Column_sl

shitlord
To me they just caved ,and are giving everyone what they want. A generic Diablo experience without the Build Variety.

They have been caving since Crota, and it has not made the game any better. In fact I would say the last 2 expansions have been way too easy, and boring after 2 weeks.

If they want this type of generic experience they need to deepen the skill trees, make the skills meaningful, and have armor/weapons that are randomly generated so the community can come up with unique builds for the classes.

This is exactly what Diablo 3 is famous for, and what made Dark Souls good.

A bunch of boring fetch quests that are 90% fodder will just have everyone bitching again.

The base game was actually good, all they needed to do was deepen the raiding experience not cave on all their ideas to make the casuals happy. They are never happy no matter what you do. It's a losing war.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Damn, all that stuff sounds pretty good. Are they actually going to release new zones this time besides pvp maps?