Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yes there are a bunch of new zones on the Dreadnaught ship, including a new patrol zone and raid. I think they even said there will be a patrol zone for end game players that has special loot and challenging enemies (no more just jumping on your sparrow and flying all over the patrol with almost 0 chance of dying).

And yeah I agree the last 2 xpacs were too easy, and when they caved in HoW to give us rerolling and ascended gear it really broke the game. No need for new weapons with max fatebringer and VoC. No need to grind weapon drops because you just need ONE of that weapon and you can reroll it for the perfect perks. Totally broke the need to run things more than once or twice.

Column_sl

shitlord
A lot of this is just lazy imo.

They should have a HUGE staff working on this game right now considering how much money they are making. We should be getting new content every month.

The Systems in Destiny weren't broken it was the lack of content for end game players.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Lots of exciting new changes coming. My favorite are the new shader and emblem systems. Tired of having these in my inventory where I am limited on space. My biggest issue with not being able to ascend any of the old weapons is that Bungie hasn't really given us any new weapons that are as good as the VoG weapons. If they would have given us a gun to replace Fatebringer that was worthy I would not have cared. But the weapons have been lackluster in the newer expansions. This expansion is a joke, couldn't even tell you the names of any of the elemental primaries.

Antithesis

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The clan I was in basically imploded over the last couple of weeks with HoW. The PVE folks hated POE, the PVP folks cool with first week of ToO but now that the casuals all fled that, it isn't worth the effort. Guess we were basically a raiding clan and without a new raid, doubt that is a huge portion of the playerbase, but gotta figure less people are playing this now.
If Twitch is any barometer, since HOW launched they are the top 5 streamed game every night.

Coupled with the fact that they reported Some of the biggest earnings with Hearthstone, I'm not sure their popularity is fading.

Sorry guys, as much as you want Destiny to die it is here to stay.

They should have a HUGE staff working on this game right now considering how much money they are making. We should be getting new content every month.

The Systems in Destiny weren't broken it was the lack of content for end game players.
I thought you liked HOW?

It sounds to me like there will be a lot more to do with this expac. Plus putting light level on Weapons probably means an end to ascending legendaries. Aside from monthly content updates what else did you want that TTK isn't providing?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I do like those changes. Probably will buy it even though I wasnt going to when i saw the price. Seems like a new game.

Column_sl

shitlord
I thought you liked HOW?
How was decent for 2 weeks then you realized they put no effort into it. To make it worse they even made the last encounter retard easy.

The rewards were poor, and the diffculty was nill.

Wasn't a terrible xpac, but wasn't good either.
Aside from monthly content updates what else did you want that TTK isn't providing?
I'd bet that TTK will be much of the same. With people leveling to 40 in one day, and the next day all modes of the raid will be beaten.

They have enough resources to do one raid per month easily. Give the end gamers something to do or it is year 1 all over again.

If they can't do that then make it exactly like Diablo 3. Have randomized gear, and a deeper skill trees then do reset seasons with equipment gained going over to your primary account.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I realize that you're a hardcore gamer Column but you can't appease the end-game, hardcore, crowd at the expense of the casuals. Everyone needs something or the game will die.

World of Warcraft is a perfect example of this. This last expansion has been labelled as "Raider Only" and "Raid or Die." It was created by a team who LOVED end game content and pandered to similar people. It was their chance to build an expansion around their "vision" where raids ruled all. Over a 6 month period the game lost half of it's playerbase and is now at the lowest population since shortly after the game launched. Giving hardcore gamers is not enough. There needs to be content for everyone.

Not to mention that the hardcore crowd are insatiable and will chew through content faster than you can produce it.

Column_sl

shitlord
I realize that you're a hardcore gamer Column but you can't appease the end-game, hardcore, crowd at the expense of the casuals. Everyone needs something or the game will die.
Casuals would still have there game just like the casuals in WoW have it. Nothing would change on that end.

IMO the best formula for this is just to make it like it Diablo 3. The game has more in common with that game then a mmo anyway. Then everyone is happy, and the content is randomly generated for them.

Seasons were a huge success. Provided great loot opportunity's with a faster leveling system. Hard core were appeased, as well as the casuals.

Give the better players fluff items at the end such as ships, shaders, emblems, ghost skins whatever that only a certain percentage can get.

On the pvp end, I can't believe there still isnt a competitive ladder yet. Bungie made the best ladder ever with Halo 3.

Give fluff items as high tier awards as well in that.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
That's my point. Casuals in WOW don't feel that they have a game any longer and they've been quitting in droves. You might say "oh it's an old game" but when you lose 4.4 million subscriptions (going from 10 million to 5.6 million) it's obvious that something went wrong. There are a lot of reasons but one of the main things is a lack of casual stuff to do.

The exact same thing would happen to Destiny if they ignore Casuals to appease a hardcore crowd. And Destiny seems like it was designed as a "casual mmo fps" from the ground up. They've dropped the ball on a lot of things so it's up to them to figure it out again and fix it. But I don't think taking a hardcore approach to the game is the right one. Sure, give the hardcore a reason to play as well but not at the expense of the casuals who make up the bulk of your players.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Personally I'd like to see more out of PVP. Some sort of visual ratings or WoW style Arena armor. Doesn't need better stats, just give us awesome customizable shaders by piece or special armor graphics that make people go "oh shit!" when they see you. A MOBA type game would be interesting too, I'm sure they have plans for that some wear way, way down the line. Unfortunately the second you merge pvp and pve weapon tuning has major issues.

I'm looking forward to 2.0 patch to see the rebalance. Everything is going to be so fucked that people will actually have to decide which weapons to use when and not just decide if it's a Thorn level or a TLW level +/- shotgun and sniper. I'm looking forward to scout rifling and pistoling the way it's been meant to be.

Column_sl

shitlord
That's exactly why I think TTK is going in the wrong direction. It is trying to be a MMO ,and it is not.

Diablo 3 should be what they are trying to achieve. A first person shooter that is akin to the way they turned that game around would be bigger then it ever was.

And the pvp spectrum needs competitive play.

With those 2 changes you will have a game that no one will want to leave because there would be endless challenges for all skill levels.

Fadaar

That guy
Meh I burned myself out in the first month. I'll come back at some point to experience everything.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
That's exactly why I think TTK is going in the wrong direction. It is trying to be a MMO ,and it is not.

Diablo 3 should be what they are trying to achieve. A first person shooter that is akin to the way they turned that game around would be bigger then it ever was.

And the pvp spectrum needs competitive play.

With those 2 changes you will have a game that no one will want to leave because there would be endless challenges for all skill levels.
If Destiny had randomized dungeons like how D3(adventure mode) does where you can queue up and join people in a maze with random mobs from each part of the game inside i would be all over that. My main gripe was how it felt repetitive and i quickly ran out of things to do when i finished the raid for the week.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
If Destiny had randomized dungeons like how D3(adventure mode) does where you can queue up and join people in a maze with random mobs from each part of the game inside i would be all over that. My main gripe was how it felt repetitive and i quickly ran out of things to do when i finished the raid for the week.
That would be amazing. Someone needs to put something like that out on PC. Destiny is the perfect thing to build off to build a real FPS MMO.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
If Destiny had randomized dungeons like how D3(adventure mode) does where you can queue up and join people in a maze with random mobs from each part of the game inside i would be all over that. .
That is exactly what POE should have been! Instead we got a 'random' arena that wasn't actually random. It has the same mob's and modifiers for each mob/objective type every.single.week. So much lost potential there.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.

But are they making much money on it?

I mean, everyone bought it when it came out due to lack of much else worth playing online, but today? Oddly enough for an Activision game we dont have any cash-shops for buying shaders/bling/whatever.

Column_sl

shitlord
Yeah i just posted a page back they grew in revenue in the 2nd quarter. Destiny is one of the most successful games right now on consoles.

In fact 27% gain in digital sales.

People are playing Destiny, that is not the problem right now.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Figures that I get incredibly invested into this game, do nothing but bitch and remark about certain changes needing to be made and now that they are I have zero desire to try and get back into it. Fuck me.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Decided to finally try some PVP. Got a perfect roll on Ash Factory and Her Courtesy, and needed to do some bounties for xp to level them up. DO rank up and what did I finally get? Revenant!

As for Thirn glitches, I have heard of two, but think they were both debunked. Haven't tried them personally yet. In PVP when you get hit with thorn dot take out your ghost and it supposedly makes the dot ticks stop damaging you. Equip thorn, switch primaries, then switch back to thorn. Final round perk is now the first shot of thorn instead of the final shot.