Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Right in time for it to be nerfed

rrr_img_106458.jpg

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Lol sucks for anyone who hasn't gotten it yet. I'd be pretty mad tbh.

Sells gally before it gets nerfed, and before its made obsolete by Taken King weapons

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
It won't be obsolete, just a bit less OP than it has been (I'm betting it will still be the best, or on par with the best rocket launchers). They haven't come out and said it yet, I don't think, but exotics will have an upgrade path for TK, just legendaries are getting left behind.

Column_sl

shitlord
We don't know that yet tho. The Exotics haven't been confirmed yet, and from that last interview it sounds like they will not.

It's pretty much just a reboot of the game at this point.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
If the exotics have an upgrade path they are admitting they can't design weapons worth a shit and you shouldn't give them a dime.

Using the same weapon for two years ...

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
It would be weird for them to make epics worthless. The ones from epic bounties will always be around, why make them useless?

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I believe exotics will be upgradable because Bungie has been very careful to, multiple times, say that legendary weapons/armor specifically will not be ascended. If it was exotics too wouldn't they simply say all year 1 gear is being left behind instead of singling out legendaries?

Column_sl

shitlord
I believe exotics will be upgradable because Bungie has been very careful to, multiple times, say that legendary weapons/armor specifically will not be ascended. If it was exotics too wouldn't they simply say all year 1 gear is being left behind instead of singling out legendaries?
The last interview was pretty cryptic when asked if year 1 exotics would be upgrade able they avoided it by saying year 2 would boast more exotics then the original game so you wouldn't have to worry about it.

They will explain more in thier first live stream.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yep, looking forward to the stream. Maybe the upgrade path will have something to do with what they hinted about regarding old legendary gear (being able to sacrifice it for same-slot item growth). Maybe you have to sacrifice 100 legendary rocket launchers to evolve Gjallarhorn into Gjallarhorn II , for example. Knowing Bungie, they would then count that as a "new" exotic, so when they say TK has as many exotics as vanilla, it's actually just new versions of all the same guns, with a handful of brand new exotics thrown in (I sure hope that isn't the case!)

spronk

FPS noob
its probably that you can improve year 2 weapons (AA them basically) whereas year 1 weps won't have that option. So for the first 2 or 3 weeks year 1 stuff will be fine, but hard mode raid bosses will be tuned for max improved gear so you will need year 2 stuff to beat the raids

all my armor and weapon slots are full tho, i am not gonna dismantle anything until the xpac hits in case you have to upgrade gear like final fantasy or tera (destroy gear on new items to improve them).

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Same here. Hoarding every single legendary/exotic drop now until HoW. Too bad I only have a few open slots left!

Antithesis

Bronze Knight of the Realm
wonder if the year 1 upgrade gear/weapons (might as well just call em enchant mats at tis point) have to be upgraded first before dismantle... that would be one way to keep POE relevant I suppose.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
its fun running around this weekend with everyone having a gally. All I saw were wolf pack rounds flying everywhere during my PoE runs.

Column_sl

shitlord
It's a dumb PR move by Bungie tho imo, you are going to get good press for a week, then you will nerf it, and get months of bad press.

Should have left it off Xur imo, and not deal with all that.

So did 32,34 and 35 prison for my first time (past two days)

Not sure why people were complaining about Skolas being hard, I beat him my very first run with only 2 wipes. Once on cabal due to missing a mine and once on skolas. The wipe on Skolas wasn't even a wipe, for two of us it was out first time so the guy who had been there before ran in to show us were to go and we wiped to start over.

Maybe we were lucky or something, but i was expecting an all nighter like my first crota kill.

Chain bubbles are OP by the way.

Column_sl

shitlord
I never thought any of the Skolas runs were hard but if I had to rate diffculty.

Pre nerf

1) Arc Burn Skolas with Lightswitch ( I thought this was the funnest fight of all of them. 4th horseman shotgun burn ftw. Although I can see why people would find this very diffcult)
2) Void Burn Skolas ( Pretty much forced to have a High impact void sniper here like an LDR or Spear)
3) Solar Burn ( Childs play, just burn him down with Gallys)

Post nerf

New Skolas is laughable. You can literally run in a circle the whole time like an idiot, and punch him to death if you wanted to. They really made him way too easy.