Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Column_sl

shitlord
This is the change log from last week. Also weeklys are gone in favor of a Heroic playlist you can get bonus items from once per week, and it is account bound.

Destiny 2.0 Release

References [t1]
Download will be available September 8th 2015 [t1]
Requires 18GB of free space for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
Xbox 360 requires 10GB of free space
PlayStation 3 will require closer to 20GB free for the required update during download and installation. Once install is complete, you'll need around 10GB free
Added Destiny 2.0 information, date and Text Reference
Armor

New Burn Resist perks being added [t1]
Added new Burn Resist perks and Text Reference
4 New Strikes

Strike Specific Weapons and Trophy Armor [v1] [t1]
Added new Armor information, added Text Reference
Activities

Daily Heroic and Daily PvP have had their rewards increased and are account wide instead of character specific [t1]
Added Daily modifications and Text Reference
Nightfalls

References [t1]
Nightfall modifiers will be curated
Now Requires Level 40
Wiping no longer returns Fireteams to Orbit
Now uses 30 second time-out penalty for Death (same as Raid Normal)
Radiant Light has been removed (adjusted sources of XP and Reputation will be adjusted to account for its absence)
Added new Nightfall subcategory, Nightfall information, and Text Reference
Vanguard Heroic Playlists

References [t1]
Weekly Heroic Strikes are being replaced Vanguard Heroic Playlists
Requires Level 40
Accounts receive Legendary Marks for completing the first three Heroic Playlists
Guarantee a Legendary Engram drop from a character's first clear of a Weekly Heroic Strike

Column_sl

shitlord
One last thing, if you have a Kroger in your area might want to check the Destiny red bull cans. Mine are selling 6 cans for 5 dollars.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Are strange coins going away? No more weekly strikes so a lot less coin intake and I didnt notice any mention of a replacement.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
One last thing, if you have a Kroger in your area might want to check the Destiny red bull cans. Mine are selling 6 cans for 5 dollars.
What does the promo do?

Also any word if the weekly heroic strike replacement playlist will have autogroup?

Auto grouping everything but raids would make the game so much damn better and playable.

Column_sl

shitlord
Auto grouping everything but raids would make the game so much damn better and playable.
Destinylfg.net is so good now you really don't need auto grouping. It pretty much saved the game imo

Heroic strikes will have matchmaking tho to answer your question.

The Redbull Destiny cans give you an exclusive mission, and an exp elixir that lasts a couple of hours. They are pretty much sold everywhere at this point.

spronk

FPS noob
don't buy more than 1 redbull can (unless you run a guido bar), you can just take the single good code and try variations of the number and get dozens more. ie the code will be 34Tn344 and you can then try 34TN333, 334, 343, 433, 434, etc etc. I got 60 codes entered into my account off just one single can. after you hit 4 or so errors in a day you are locked out of the website for 24 hours.

i wonder if nightfall will have matchmaking

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Do a lot of you guys still play Destiny? I quit back when they nerfed the Vex Mythoclast but the game was a ton of fun while I still played.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I quit right before the first xpac and am really itching to jump back into this. Sounds almost like a complete overhaul from the game I played. That 75$ price tag is really holding me back though. It's not so much the money as it is the principle really. While fun, Destiny really felt like a treadmill cashgrab and I am weary of getting burned again.

spronk

FPS noob
Do a lot of you guys still play Destiny? I quit back when they nerfed the Vex Mythoclast but the game was a ton of fun while I still played.
i still play 3-6 hours a week and I see tons and tons and tons of people all the time, everywhere. with destinylfg.net its pretty easy to find groups to run the group content with, especially early in the week, although I am solo 90% of the time.

Its my go to game when i want to watch a movie or TV show but not really enough to pay 100% attention, destiny is a great game to sort of play with half a brain and sound off, especially PVP or grinding. Its funny, I actually end up playing a lot less when stuff like daily show, colbert, bill maher, chopped/top chef, etc aren't airing.

you can buy the digital legendary edition (or physical on 9/14) and get everything, including all the DLCs plus taken king for $60. Thats a pretty good deal. If you ever grinded in MMOs then destiny is right up your alley, without any of the bullshit f2p or microtransactions that infest MMOs nowadays. Everything is earned in game.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Brainless but fun is a good way to describe the game. My only wish is for a ranking system for pvp.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
you can buy the digital legendary edition (or physical on 9/14) and get everything, including all the DLCs plus taken king for $60.
Where can I get this? Checked Amazon but there was no Digital and I wanna check out the first 2 dlc before the new one. Was 75 through PSN last I looked.

spronk

FPS noob
Its not on the PSN web store front but if you go into the PS4 store on your PS4 you can search for Destiny and you will find the Taken King Legendary Edition for $60. At least I can find it, but I can't buy it since I already own the TK upgrade.

Its also on the xbox storefront
Destiny: The Taken King - Legendary Edition

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Hmmm, i'll have to check it out when I get home. Was 75 through ps4 psn this weekend when I checked.

Column_sl

shitlord
They still haven't said what they are going to give us for pre ordering on the psn when it was 20 bucks higher. All they said is expect rewards that no other version has.

spronk

FPS noob
the twitch bungie stream today said the raid is going to open up on 9/18, only 3 days after taken king opens. that kinda sucks, woulda been better to give 7-10 days for everyone to level up and explore shit. they showed a quick 1 min peak at the raid too

Column_sl

shitlord
Just a note on Night stalkers, they took the damage buff off their tree. I assume they just want Defender Titans filling that niche.

also

Swords will not drop in The Taken King, you will have to forge them.