Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
i got the chain AR - 3 hawkmoons, a last word, and the Hawksaw which is among my favorite legendaries -

the absolute fastest way to raise your light level is to chain run vanguard 36 strikes. we're talking dozens of them daily. you get a slight bonus for chain running. just equip every upgrade you get, and take a break every now and then to turn in engrams. marks and stuff are really completely unnecessary, only after you have a ton of 297+ blue gear you can buy legendary gear and infuse it with the blue gear you get from 36 strikes.

we are talking 15-40 hours of strike running though to hit 290, depending on RNG

infusion is also cross class, so you can take your main extra titan armor and infuse it onto your hunter and warlock gear. So really the most important thing is getting 1 char to 300, then you can take all his extra crap and turn your alts into 300 pretty rapidly for just 3 legendary marks per slot.
Fastest way is actually running non-stop court of oryx with 9 people, enter with a fireteam of three, message randoms and get them to open their party, have your friends join.

You get non-stop rep for each clear for eris and she gives you more runes, so with 9 people and the rune drops its endless loot.

Did that few days ago and got to 297 before even starting the raid.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did the Drakkis farm for an hour last night. Got 5 Light Beyond Nemesis (Five!), 2 Stag, 1 Crest of the Alpha Lupi (Hunter), 2 Monte Carlo, 2 Mask of the Third Eye. I did this all after visiting Xur and buying his helmet engrams. Bought one at a time and decryted and still 3 of the 5 were more LBN...I've gotten a total of 8 of them! So much repeat. I thought they tried to fix that with the 'new' RNG?

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Is there a visible buff from Coins? I keep using them before bosses, see no effect, and then get no loot.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When you use the buff you'll see an icon on your gear screen "IX", you won't see any indication of what your current %chance of a drop though.

Has anyone gotten, or know of someone who has a Heavy exotic or Boots?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I got monte carlo new suros which is pretty decent arms and helm for titan. That one helm when you aim in the air it keeps you still. Oh and two of those exotic fusion rifles. Oh yeah ans some chest for warlock. Forgot the name.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
New fusion rifle telesto or whatever seems awesome in pve.. Definitely my favorite exotic wep so far.

Antithesis

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Seems almost like if you use the coins and farm a year 1 ultra you get the upgraded year one exotics... can anyone confirm this?

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Bought the legendary edition, popped it in...17gb download. god. damn. it.

back to dota for a bit I guess :/

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
The new expansion has a huge amount of quality of life improvements, thats for sure.

Unfortunatly, most if not all of them should have been implemented over the last year for free just to get the game into an enjoyable experience. This is not stuff we should be forced to buy the game once more to get.

The content itself is rather limited. In 3 days you run out of worthwhile stuff to do and is left with farming the court, do the raid and.... yeah. This weekends exotic farming failure certainly did not help. While the game itself is WAAAAAY more enjoyable now, I think that by the end of next week we are back to logging in on tuesdays to do nightfalls (questionable now after this weekend since most people got an easy 30-40 exotics) and do the raid. This was a simple DLC and a system patch, not much more.

Sure, there are some exotic bounties/quests to do, but that is not enought content in my opinion.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Made some new friends that all play destiny and they were rocking the latest dlc. Looked pretty fun, even if I did embarrass myself and say hey what's this halo 5? Lol

What's the cost of entry to get into Destiny now? It still bugs me that they are raping people on the dlc content and prices. Is there a bundle or anything to make it a little cheaper?

Truehawk

Molten Core Raider
Has anyone done the T3 rune? I have one, but I'm afraid to use it
I've done 7 so far, and have 2 *i think* on me at the moment. I'll gladly help. The boss is light 300, its a wizard. Spawns with a huge ogre you have to kill to drop the wizards shield. Bunch of eyes all around too. Kill the eyes to get damage buff against ogre (stacks up to 3 times, refreshes each eye kill). Periodically two ogres spawn below too. Strat is to kill giant ogre up top then all out burn on wizard. If you don't kill the wizard shields will come back up and the big ogre respawns. It is basically a loss at this point. If you need help I will gladly help, I am at light level 296 atm.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The new expansion has a huge amount of quality of life improvements, thats for sure.

Unfortunatly, most if not all of them should have been implemented over the last year for free just to get the game into an enjoyable experience. This is not stuff we should be forced to buy the game once more to get.

The content itself is rather limited. In 3 days you run out of worthwhile stuff to do and is left with farming the court, do the raid and.... yeah. This weekends exotic farming failure certainly did not help. While the game itself is WAAAAAY more enjoyable now, I think that by the end of next week we are back to logging in on tuesdays to do nightfalls (questionable now after this weekend since most people got an easy 30-40 exotics) and do the raid. This was a simple DLC and a system patch, not much more.

Sure, there are some exotic bounties/quests to do, but that is not enought content in my opinion.
Pretty much - i was hoping to squeeze out a month but im not so sure the longevity is there - Not to mention you cant queue into patrols with more than 3 but the zones hold 9-12? but they are almost always empty besides you and your fireteam of 3.

spronk

FPS noob
o get into Destiny now? It still bugs me that they are raping people on the dlc content and prices. Is there a bundle or anything to make it a little cheaper?
The legendary edition is $60 and includes the base game and all DLCs. Good value, you can easily sink hundreds of hours into this game like any MMO and there are no micro transactions, etc

re: T3 rune, I did one today. I think it'll be really hard in a group of 3 unless you are all 300 or super good, the mobs are all 300 and a ton spawn and rape rape rape. I kept going down to dreadnaught patrol and the court area (from start just go straight right through the doors past the nearest patrol bounty) and seeing if anyone was around, got lucky and a group was doing chain T2-T3's and i just joined in as the 8th person and did it. You don't need to be in a fireteam or anything, just participating counts and you get the appropriate rewards. Getting more than 3 people into the same patrol instance is hellishly difficult, you basically have to hope a random person wanders by, friend them, and get extra people invited to their fireteam.

There is a quest you get from eris morn for court of oryx and you get a 300 level class item, have to do 6 T1, 3 T2, and 1 T3. doesn't have to be your own rune, just participating is enough

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Would be nice if the Court area had a proximity chat system too, but yea finding an instance with people is rare. Got lucky earlier, me and two other friend were each fishing for a populated Court, we found one so we all joined in. Had 8 people and did 3 t3 runes, super quick. Will the t3 boss rotate each week, or is it just that Wizard?