Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I guess so, yeah. Still don't like the idea of having to double dip when I eventually get a PS4 (long before 2017 unless the assholes at Sony never make good on their claim that DLNA support is coming), but whatever.

Kind of funny since I had absolutely no interest in this game a week ago.

Zarcath

Silver Squire
PvP is definitely different from most games, and you might be turned off to it if you bring in pre-conceived ideas from other shooters. Once you get used to how Destiny PvP plays out, you'll enjoy it a lot more.

The way the super economy works, no one super can rule them all. You might think the Blade Dancer sounds OP on paper but in reality the other supers/perks make each one equally deadly. And you're only seeing these supers in a small sample size of maps.

Just believe yo!

Terial

Trakanon Raider
decided to stop playing till the game comes out. I really like the game and just don't want to start over again, so not going to put more time into the beta. Limited edition per-ordered
smile.png

Column_sl

shitlord
PvP is definitely different from most games, and you might be turned off to it if you bring in pre-conceived ideas from other shooters. Once you get used to how Destiny PvP plays out, you'll enjoy it a lot more.

The way the super economy works, no one super can rule them all. You might think the Blade Dancer sounds OP on paper but in reality the other supers/perks make each one equally deadly. And you're only seeing these supers in a small sample size of maps.

Just believe yo!
Zarcath just reading all the sub trees this is what Blade Dancer gets for pvp.

Faster run, and better slide, Multiple forms of Invisibility, The ability to crouch to become invisible taking you off the radar ( Halo 2), Backstab!, Plasma grenades ( halo2), and Teleport!

That is insane stuff. Its like a Spartan from Halo if he had access to all the map buffs all the time with teleport/backstab.

Looking at the Striker, Voidwalker and they don't even compare in any aspect other then catching players bunched up in a group. That's not how FPS's work tho the better players will just pick the kill areas that have the less risk versus reward and pick off targets.
The rest of the maps would essentially have to be all small tunnels with tight rooms for your suggestion to work.,

I'm not saying you are wrong since you have access to the full game, but just on paper I'm not sure how it can work out for the other classes.
I know you can't talk much about the game, so thank you for explanation tho.

I guess we will find out when the game goes live how it will all pan out.

Zarcath

Silver Squire
It's probably not communicated well in the Beta but you have the base ability in the top row and then the rows below it are variations of the base ability (think Diablo 3 abilities). You can't trick out one ability to have everything. There's give and take.

It's actually the opposite. On the bigger maps you'd want Golden Gun over the Blade. Like on the Moon Map, if you had Blade Dancer it would only be useful in the interiors.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
@Zarcath

When are we going to get more details of what's in as far as content, levels, etc? So much damn speculation right now it would be nice to put some of this shit to rest.

Column_sl

shitlord
Right, just specing out my tree with just one modifier I got my original list. Like supers don't even matter at that point when you can have that much control of your environment. You are basically playing in god mode with some insane regular weapons to begin with. For instance Fusion Rifle are almost as good as the golden gun right now if you can aim correctly with hip fire.

Thats how it looks on paper. Of course I can't see the end game yet to test my analysis.

Flux Grenade: An explosive grenade which deals additional damage when attached to enemies.
Blink: A short distance teleport that replaces Glide.
Arc Blade: Charge your blade with Arc Light and consume your foes with lightning.
Vanish: Press "R2" during Arc Blade to disappear from sight.
Blink Strike: A powerful melee attack with extended range.
Backstab: Hitting an enemy from behind with Blink Strike causes significantly more damage.
Path Forgotten: Training focused on toughness and speed.
Fleet Footed: Increases maximum sprint speed and extends slide distance.
Way of the Fearless: Training focused on toughness at all costs.
Stalker: Gain invisibility after crouching in place for a short time.

So you are super fast, can kite with teleport, can take yourself off the radar at any time with crouch invisibility, have plasma grenades, can turn invisible at any time if you have your super up, and have essentially the sword from Halo on you as long as you hit them from behind.

Thats a super fast Spartan with all the map buffs.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
How does the "lock in" ability work? I refer to the one on the far right side of every tree on the character and also on some of the more advanced armor/weapon pieces that says that it "locks in previous choices". Given the give-and-take nature of most of those column choices I'm not certain what benefit there could be to want me to lock anything in.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Zarcath just reading all the sub trees this is what Blade Dancer gets for pvp.

Faster run, and better slide, Multiple forms of Invisibility, The ability to crouch to become invisible taking you off the radar ( Halo 2), Backstab!, Plasma grenades ( halo2), and Teleport!

That is insane stuff. Its like a Spartan from Halo if he had access to all the map buffs all the time with teleport/backstab.

Looking at the Striker, Voidwalker and they don't even compare in any aspect other then catching players bunched up in a group. That's not how FPS's work tho the better players will just pick the kill areas that have the less risk versus reward and pick off targets.
The rest of the maps would essentially have to be all small tunnels with tight rooms for your suggestion to work.,

I'm not saying you are wrong since you have access to the full game, but just on paper I'm not sure how it can work out for the other classes.
I know you can't talk much about the game, so thank you for explanation tho.

I guess we will find out when the game goes live how it will all pan out.
I'm pretty sure if you aren't moving you are off of the radar anyways

Column_sl

shitlord
I'm pretty sure if you aren't moving you are off of the radar anyways
Nope, this game doesn't work like Halo you are on the radar at all times.
That's why its easy to find who is camping in an enclosed area before you go in.

If you don't believe me go on the moon map, and go to A where people crouch with a shotgun right by the door. They will always show up on the radar.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Nope, this game doesn't work like Halo you are on the radar at all times.
That's why its easy to find who is camping in an enclosed area before you go in.

If you don't believe me go on the moon map, and go to A where people crouch with a shotgun right by the door. They will always show up on the radar.
I dunno, I'll try again but I've already checked it out and i thought that was how it worked.

Column_sl

shitlord
I wish. if you could just stop everything and come off the radar that would be better then crouching off the radar in Halo other then mobility.

And that would be insane for edge campers

Column_sl

shitlord
Just to end the silly debate about radar from the Devs themselves on the IGN article.

Please don't put out false information. It hurts everyone in the thread as we try to figure out this stuff

. Enemies always show up on the Tracker, so it has nothing to do with movement. If they are crouched, however, they will ping less frequently, but still show up. This greatly reduces camping.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/...ps-a-ign-first

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
8500ish is my best PvP score so far. I really dig it but I am the kind of player that needs coordinated and competent teammates - the pub retards exhaust me after a bit. Can't wait to check out the other game modes as well.

Too bad I'm still having connection problems. Having to find friends nice enough to queue you into PvP until you d/c and pester them sucks haha.

I am considering buying a PS4 now for this, not sure yet...

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This and TLOU Remastered multiplayer will make PS4 a Mecca for shooter types - fast paced with Destiny, a bit more strategic with TLOU. (Plus isn't BF4 ideal when it comes to matchmaking on PS4? I don't bother with it, but I think I've heard that?)