Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
I'm thinking I need to burn through my keys before the expack drops and changes the quest. I'm playing on Hardcore so I obviously don't want to lose my character, but I want to maximize the chance of organs dropping. I've never actually run the uber bosses before so I have no idea really on how hard they are. I have about 160k DPS and 2.7m Toughness on my Monk, with an SoJ, Pigsticker, and Tyrael's Might so that's like 240k real DPS against elites. How high of a Torment level can I do the uber bosses on without getting killed?

an accordion_sl

shitlord
I'm thinking I need to burn through my keys before the expack drops and changes the quest. I'm playing on Hardcore so I obviously don't want to lose my character, but I want to maximize the chance of organs dropping. I've never actually run the uber bosses before so I have no idea really on how hard they are. I have about 160k DPS and 2.7m Toughness on my Monk, with an SoJ, Pigsticker, and Tyrael's Might so that's like 240k real DPS against elites. How high of a Torment level can I do the uber bosses on without getting killed?
I'm pretty sure you could T3 with very little risk of dying, get 3 more DPS and it'll be fine.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well that sounds like torment 3 at least but it's HC and it's a monk, I only have experience on ubers as a CMWW prepatch and a DH post patch using companion and sentries and mostly just staying the fuck away. Ubers sound really fucking scary on HC so I don't know. On softcore with those stats I'd go straight torment 6 but it's probably very risky.

Difference in drop rate isn't as big as it used to be though, torment 1 is 25 and torment 6 is 50%, so it's not like 10% to 100% like it was pre 2.0, so even if you do one or even 2 torments lower than what you could handle, you only lose 10% chance. I'd say start at 2 or 3, do all 3 fights(they're vastly different in difficulties imo) and see how it works out.

Also for safety I'd probably run the pet skill, it tanks shit so if you're solo it'll probably distact one of the ubers, reducing potential damage a ton. The one that heals you for full hp seems to be the obvious choice but it does disapear for a long time if you use it, so maybe something like the earth one instead. Or you find other people to go, then it should be safer, even though it also means the fights will last a fuckton longer.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Earth pet is actually best tank pet because the activated ability counts as you hitting whatever it rolls over, so you basically get your LoH twice per second while it's active.

I'm pretty confident but I hear of people instakilling themselves on Siegebreaker's damage reflect or taking too long to kill Zoltun Kulle and getting one-shot by him. I'll probably try it on T2, I have 2,800 LoH so I'm pretty sure I can outheal the DPS and have enough DPS to beat enrages.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There's enrages? Considering I was taking forever I thought there wasn't. I killed Kulle first though, then slowly grinded Siegebreaker down, mostly sentries+companion while I stood there doing nothing with Brooding healing me up for the reflect dmg. I don't think you'd instakill yourself on the reflect but you probably don't want to like, exploding palm kulle on him or some shit, which I assume would reflect 10% of that and do insta kill you. But if you do a lot of smaller hits it's fine. Could also probably semi cheese with Hand of Ytar and play ranged monk, damage doesn't even seem that bad.

When I did it on T4 I was almost fresh 60, like a few days of farming keys and shit, I still had a rare weapon and very crappy legendaries, paperdoll DPS was 70k. I did die a lot to figure out the builds but never ran into an enrage, so with your DPS you should have way more than enough even if you take it slow. Enrage is probably like 15mins or whatever, something you wouldn't see unless you're playing 4man and everyone but one guy dies and shit like that.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I had so much fun playing this last night, more than I have playing a game for a very long time. I really think they fixed it.

Citz

Silver Squire
On hardcore, you can easily do Ubers on T3 with 120k DPS and 1.6M toughness, with friends of course. Just make sure to dodge arcane from Magdha.

Elerion

N00b
My monk is like 110k DPS 2.3m toughness, and I tank T3 HC ubers all day long. Just need to throw on a shield for Siegebreaker and have cooldowns if he repeatedly picks you up, make sure to have sufficient healing (Mantra is fine) for Ghom, and dodge Maghda's arcanes.

I've never tried solo, though.

dak

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I had so much fun playing this last night, more than I have playing a game for a very long time. I really think they fixed it.
Yeah, I'm pretty addicted again. Took a moderately twinked monk from level 1-42 last night only going up to early Act 3 on masters difficulty.

I'm using the Cains set that gives +30% exp as the three piece bonus. Got something like a 600% exp bonus at the moment. Game is so EZ mode right now I can afford the stats hits.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Bliz name is Onoes#1842, I requested an invite in game a couple days ago, but here's an official one here as well! :p

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
My friends and I said this very thing. One of the few times i've actually seen a game get turned around. Have to give Blizzard credit on this one. Regardless if you like the game or not, it has made tremendous improvements on this game.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The game still has it's problems. Most of the loot is still very boring, even most of the legendaries. The whole only 4 'primary' stats thing is particularly boring.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
All positive comments have tempted me to redownload and try it again

Battletag: Neki#2844.
In game name is Neki
Playing on EU server

Requesting invite to Clan.

Now to try and remember how to play again

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you haven't played since Inferno difficulty was impossible and before they introduced NV, the game is 1000 times better.

Xevy

Log Wizard
They need to put in trading in some capacity and then depending on how hard the dungeon adventures are, I think they'll have a really solid game.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Adventures are more of the same. Go on specific tasks in an act: Cursed chest here, kill this elite pack, kil Skeleton King or clear this cave. Completing tasks gets you a key to open a rift which is typically a multi-level dungeon. Clear the dungeon til a bar fills up to get a final champion. During all this you'll collect currency that you can turn in for yellows by slot with a small chance of a legendary. It's a nice change of pace but not necessarily more challeneging.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
If you're on a person's friend list or in the same clan it would be nice if you were eligible for the trade timer when an item drops.

Chris

Potato del Grande
What earned my expansion dollar is that the game is fun as is, and they haven't even got the end game in lv70.

I feel like I'm actually using skill and thought with my own unique build to play now. It's kind of impossible to go cookie cutter when you have to build around the legendaries you get instead of the ones you want, but that is OK as it seems like each good legendary can be built around.

Juvarisx

Florida
Adventures are more of the same. Go on specific tasks in an act: Cursed chest here, kill this elite pack, kil Skeleton King or clear this cave. Completing tasks gets you a key to open a rift which is typically a multi-level dungeon. Clear the dungeon til a bar fills up to get a final champion. During all this you'll collect currency that you can turn in for yellows by slot with a small chance of a legendary. It's a nice change of pace but not necessarily more challeneging.
Can also get rift keys from random drops

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Hoho, after complaining about my friend's Moonlight Ward, I finally got one myself. A little shy on Int but perfect everywhere else.