Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I plan to start with T3 since I'll be duoing. If I was solo I'd probably go one higher. I was in a rush to get to the Mystic as quickly as possible, but now that I see you need to salvage L61-70 legendaries to reroll L60 ones, fuck it.

Also need to know if the affix you reroll still comes out based on character level instead of item level. That's how it was in beta and was confirmed as not a bug by some blue post not too long ago. If so, I am definitely not touching items like my SoJ until 70 when I can reroll the dex to ~600 or so and have it be better than practically any L70 ring (besides a new SoJ).

Torment 1, apparently the game at 70 in Torment is a whole different animal then 60, so I will keep it low for now.
Pretty sure you're not getting anywhere near 70 on your first run through Act V no matter what T-level you set it to, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Torment 1, apparently the game at 70 in Torment is a whole different animal then 60, so I will keep it low for now. That and I don't want to die with the 10 pools of reflection i have
Pools of Reflection were a smart addition to add some consequence to SC play. I actually have a reason to care if I die now.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I plan to start with T3 since I'll be duoing. If I was solo I'd probably go one higher. I was in a rush to get to the Mystic as quickly as possible, but now that I see you need to salvage L61-70 legendaries to reroll L60 ones, fuck it.
Source?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Pools of Reflection were a smart addition to add some consequence to SC play. I actually have a reason to care if I die now.
I agree.

I'll be going through on T2 until it starts getting hard, then go down to T1. And that's with the fact that I'm melting through T4 right now, but I expect things to escalate quickly as you ding each level.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was in a rush to get to the Mystic as quickly as possible, but now that I see you need to salvage L61-70 legendaries to reroll L60 ones, fuck it.
Oh hell, I didn't think about this at all.

Are you saying that the lvl 60 recipes adjust to the 61+ ingredients once your character levels past 60? Or is it just that the mystic requires the 61+ ingredients in general?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The Diablofans frontpage write up that you mentioned earlier.
This?

To reroll a Legendary item you'll need a Legendary ingredient. It's called Forgotten Soul and it currently works the same way as a Brimstone, but is for gear above level 60. You'll need one for each reroll, making Legendary enchanting quite expensive. Rerolling low level gear also requires a Forgotten Soul, instead of a Brimstone
Wording on that seems contradictory. Low level gear means what? Why would it require a soul and brimstone? Makes no sense.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think "it currently works the same way as a Brimstone, but is for gear above level 60" is a poor way to say "it's the equivalent of a brimstone, but salvaged from L61-70 legendaries." I'm not sure they have the latest info though, since mystic costs were said to have changed after the beta closed. The blue post I'm referring to doesn't appear to exist anymore though, due to some forum clean-up done just recently.

Oh hell, I didn't think about this at all.

Are you saying that the lvl 60 recipes adjust to the 61+ ingredients once your character levels past 60? Or is it just that the mystic requires the 61+ ingredients in general?
Old crafting recipes are unchanged. You have to find the L70 recipes if you want to make L70 items. The old ones will continue to make L60 (or below) items and will still use the same materials. New recipes use only new materials.

The mystic appears to be the outlier, by requiring RoS materials even when rerolling old items. Assuming Diablofans info is correct anyway. Not sure if that applies to rares or just legendaries. I saved a few amulets that were one slot away from primary stat + trifecta just in case.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reinstalled and tried to play. I can't do it. This game has killed the franchise for me.
rrr_img_63404.jpg

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Reinstalled and tried to play. I can't do it. This game has killed the franchise for me.
Really? The game in its current state is 1000% times better than it was 2 years ago. I thought Blizzard wasn't able to turn this franchise around without starting from scratch but they were able to pull it off. Now if they add in a ladder system and a trade system like in Path of Exile this would be the perfect arpg for me.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I can mail you a headset if you'd like...
That's not the problem. I strongly prefer open headphones so I can hear stuff around me in the house. Plus, I've never quite been happy with the quality of headphones that have an attached mic.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think "it currently works the same way as a Brimstone, but is for gear above level 60" is a poor way to say "it's the equivalent of a brimstone, but salvaged from L61-70 legendaries." I'm not sure they have the latest info though, since mystic costs were said to have changed after the beta closed. The blue post I'm referring to doesn't appear to exist anymore though, due to some forum clean-up done just recently.

Old crafting recipes are unchanged. You have to find the L70 recipes if you want to make L70 items. The old ones will continue to make L60 (or below) items and will still use the same materials. New recipes use only new materials.

The mystic appears to be the outlier, by requiring RoS materials even when rerolling old items. Assuming Diablofans info is correct anyway. Not sure if that applies to rares or just legendaries. I saved a few amulets that were one slot away from primary stat + trifecta just in case.
That doesn't make any sense. So you can clear the game, not be level 61, and not be able to use the mystic? They must have changed it.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Haha, on that Diablo Fans breakdown of upcoming changes - did that douchebag really claim he got "WORLD FIRST LEVEL 70 CRUSADER IN CLOSED BETA OMG"?

What an empty claim.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
That's not the problem. I strongly prefer open headphones so I can hear stuff around me in the house. Plus, I've never quite been happy with the quality of headphones that have an attached mic.
My Creative Fatality are a decent set. Not audiophile quality but good sound and good comfort with detachable mic.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Haha, on that Diablo Fans breakdown of upcoming changes - did that douchebag really claim he got "WORLD FIRST LEVEL 70 CRUSADER IN CLOSED BETA OMG"?

What an empty claim.
I'm going to assume this was datmodz right? I felt the same way when he got all excited for that shit.. like.. really bro? really?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Anyone have any idea the exp #'s we're looking at to get 61-70? Trying to figure out if I wanna grindcore that shit in haxxor mode elsewhere before stepping foot in Act 5.