Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Newb question probably! For playing single player, is there a specific follower I should be using for best results? I'm a monk, if that matters. If the answer is yes, an explanation of why would also be great. Danka.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I don't find they really make much difference... enchanter will give you a little extra defensive options with armor aura and what not, as well as some CC, scoundrel will give you some extra crit bonus as well as a little CC, and then the templar gives you resource regen/heals.

I usually just roll with the templar or scoundrel

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Newb question probably! For playing single player, is there a specific follower I should be using for best results? I'm a monk, if that matters. If the answer is yes, an explanation of why would also be great. Danka.
Enchantress I think does best damage but I like templar for health and spender regen.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Pick whomever's voice acting annoys you the least. I like the templar because it reminds me that Enterprise ruined many careers. I don't like that they changed their responses instead of adding new ones. I miss the templar yelling "blades out!" and charging into an elite pack and getting his ass beat in half a second.

Sometimes I consider running no followers just to make mobs clumping on me easier.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Currently the only use for Blood Shards is for gambling on mystery gear right? No reason for me to be saving them up? Oh, and is there a site that currently shows your character with enchants?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Enchantress has mind control which is either stupid or a lifesaver depending on who she uses it on. She can mc champion packs so that's awesome

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
In general though it's annoying to gear your follower properly unless you play one with the same main stat. Not a huge issue until RoS areas/levels, for some reason it seems you do need to give them vit/resist gear for them to survive so you can't just buy blue shit with only +main stat anymore. That is, if you expect them to do damage, you can just throw shit that has high vit but the wrong main stat on them and be fine if you don't care. With the nerf to crit aura, scoundrel definitely looks like the worst of the lot, his damage is alright but so is the enchantress and she brings a bunch of CC too. I've been running Templar on both my DH and Crusader though, the ressource regen is great and the heal(direct and over time) help quite a bit in not slotting too much defensive shit. He does shit for damage and tends to die quite often since he's in melee range but that's ok.

And needless on the crusader leveling, torment does a huge difference in xp gained, that's the main difference I think, having done almost all of vanilla in torment kept me going at a decent pace. I also clear side dungeons and shit, so that might matter if you just rush story.

Tenks

I still really like my Buriza scoundrel especially for boss fights. He is constantly freezing bosses for me. He seems to know exactly when the Butcher is going to charge and freezes him so it cancels that move to let me beat on him some more.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I've dinged 70 and finished the Act V on expert and was pretty good fun

What mode is the majority of people here playing on at the moment? Softcore or Hardcore? Was thinking of switching the HC since I like the risk involved. If I die on SC, it was just like 'meh' and respawn at corpse/checkpoint and carry on zerging stuff

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Pretty sure that blood shards cap at 500. In Beta they had the chance at a legendary pretty high but they reversed it and I never got a another legendary from the shards afterwards.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Question for crusaders. Are you finding the 2h in the 1h slot worth losing the 15% movement speed?
Yes pretty much, while it doesn't make much difference on your builder/spender, since there's a lot of cooldown based nukes you want those to have the biggest weapon damage possible. Better if you don't do like, storymode with the reduced speed though, it works ok for bounties or kinda small scale farming but with all the running for quests the penalty hurts a lot. On the other hand, it also means you barely need any paragon points to cap speed, or if you happen to get any legendary with movespeed or boots, you're capped! Not really great but eh.

For leveling though I used 1H, up until 45ish or so you're not gonna use high damage weapons so a faster weapon like a dagger with a socket and a ruby for flat damage is a lot better than the crappy 2H. Once you get to 45, you can get lvl 60weapons with reduced req so fuck that, get 2H.

There is a legendary shield that removes the penalty too.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yes pretty much, while it doesn't make much difference on your builder/spender, since there's a lot of cooldown based nukes you want those to have the biggest weapon damage possible. Better if you don't do like, storymode with the reduced speed though, it works ok for bounties or kinda small scale farming but with all the running for quests the penalty hurts a lot. On the other hand, it also means you barely need any paragon points to cap speed, or if you happen to get any legendary with movespeed or boots, you're capped! Not really great but eh.

For leveling though I used 1H, up until 45ish or so you're not gonna use high damage weapons so a faster weapon like a dagger with a socket and a ruby for flat damage is a lot better than the crappy 2H. Once you get to 45, you can get lvl 60weapons with reduced req so fuck that, get 2H.

There is a legendary shield that removes the penalty too.
Excellent. I figured it wasn't too bad, especially with paragon. Didn't know about the shield, that should be good.

Tenks

I've stopped really worrying about MS% and instead just use my primary paragon to gain the MS%. You only get the STR benefits of maybe half an item if you pour all your points into primary but you can get MS% cap freeing you from having to find something not-boots with MS%.