Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't mind PLing people as long as you don't care what we do for exp, so feel free to ask if I am on. Falstaff#1295

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I tried it some, and it is fun and neat, but I feel the cooldown is too long to be worth a slot. Wizard has three passive dps buffs that should be included in almost every build for maximum power (magic weapon, familiar, armor) which really limits how many active skills you can equip.
I find using the rune that removes elite effects (arcane beams, jailer, frozen, pools of shit on the ground - everything!) is more than useful enough to drop familiar. I do switch it back in for bosses.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm still doing the pet spec, though I fucked around with pirahnas rather than zombie wall and didn't really like it (i use zombie wall for a taunt rather than damage). I was talking with a friend, and he actually told me that Malthael's drops won't change from normal->master rather only at torment is there a solid bonus/item, so I said fuck it and dropped down to normal to kill him last night (at 68). I honestly am not sure how you're doing t1 with 90k DPS and 150k health, as I'm at like 120k (or more, fuck whatever) and was having a hard time mowing through shit at t1.
:Shrug: Not really sure what I'm doing different. Keep in mind I just made this WD a week or two ago and didn't really follow any standard guides or builds.

I'm basically using vampiric bats on left click and acid rain(if that's what it's called) or piranhas on the right click. I actually prefer Acid Rain, but I'm giving Piranhas a shot right now. I don't like Zombie Taunt Wall, and don't feel I need stuff taunted off me. I either face tank stuff or let my pets try and tank while i avoid stuff.

I'm using the big pet, fire dogs, slam dance, and the spirit walking one. I'm literally so new to the class that I don't even know the names of the abilities.

If it matters, I played a DH in act 4 inferno right at vanilla launch, so I learned how to avoid even getting hit just once very well. I play my WD a lot like that.

The only trouble I had was with Adria, but I still one-shotted her.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Draegan that's what I'm running atm:
Pyros - Community - Diablo III
I'm only doing master though, if I was doing torment 1 I'd probably run one more defensive talent instead of righteousness or run a different rune on punish.

While leveling I did things slightly differently, I didn't use heaven's fist and instead was using Shield Bash, but the fact it glitches everytime you fight a Jailor mob and forces you to relog made me swap it at some point in act5. You don't need Long Arm of the Law necessarily but you get less uptime on nephalem, sometimes it drops, but overall it's up enough like this and I like Law of Valor to begin with. I also really like Punish as the builder, it's good damage(albeit single target) and pretty much all the runes are good as long as you have a decent block rate which tbh you get just from using a 15%shield and punish itself. I'm using attack speed one atm as I find it to be fairly consistent and it increases wrath generation, the crit one is ok but I'm not 100% sure how it works(as in, does it proc off crits of shit that's on the ground or is it only from skill usage) and it's kinda meh when fighting a lone elite left or bosses since you don't block nearly enough at that point.

Don't check gear too much, apparently that page doesn't show enchanted shit, I changed a lot of those stats into better stuff. I'm trying to get cooldown reduction on gear too if possible, with 4 cooldowns on my bar I think it's probably gonna be the best stat.
I think cooldown is going to be a thing, that along with attack speed and block. I new the nephalsm thing was there, I just didn't look into it. I'll have to really try it tonight if I can get the levels.

Also, why Wrathful instead of Renewal? And the Fissure rune on Fists of Heaven, is it really that good?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
If people were wondering where the mob density went with the 2.0 patch - they all packed up and moved into adventure mode. Bounty areas especially are packed wall to wall.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Draegan Wrathful because I don't need Renewal, so no point in using a defensive rune. When I need it to survive I'll switch. Fissure is the better rune from what I've tested, as long as you always stack 2 on each other, so every mob standing in them takes the increased damage. It's basically a stronger Tempest, but requires you to always cast them 2 by 2, so it's more reliant on running the wrath passive and some attackspeed. The other runes were fairly shit in comparison of these 2.

What did you end up doing for leveling progress Pyros? did you just get PLed up or what?
I was twinked a bit but soloed. I had 2 hellfire ring materials so I started the game on hard, freed Cain which unlocks access to the jeweller, crafted the 2 rings, one of them rolled great for twinking(flat damage and thorns, both of which are insane when you get newb values) so bumped the game to torment 1 and played up to lvl 52 or so on torment 1, crafting shit as I went, using a Cain set with a normal ruby in it for xp until 45 when I had to switched cause I was getting assraped. Around 50 it started becoming tough though so I dropped down to master to keep a good clearing speed, got to 60, equipped a bunch of legendaries and crafted some more(demonskin, helm of command, had a Hack with a socket) then played up to 66 or so until I dropped again to expert, shit was getting way too fucking slow in act5 and even on expert it was too slow to said fuck it and dropped down to hard to finish the game. Reached Malthael at 69 and a half, grinded that half level and killed him. Kept the Hellfire the entire time(well technically I swapped to the other hellfire I crafted which had better stats scaling). I finished act1 at 33, act2 at 48, act 3 at 55, act 4 at 59 and act 5 at 69.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Draegan Wrathful because I don't need Renewal, so no point in using a defensive rune. When I need it to survive I'll switch. Fissure is the better rune from what I've tested, as long as you always stack 2 on each other, so every mob standing in them takes the increased damage. It's basically a stronger Tempest, but requires you to always cast them 2 by 2, so it's more reliant on running the wrath passive and some attackspeed. The other runes were fairly shit in comparison of these 2.

I find it very odd that i'm ~half way through A5 and i'm not even half way through 52 lol, It's like i was playing the entire game on normal which i wasn't.. very odd.
I'm thinking if i can't find somebody to PL me up a few levels i'll just finish the game on my wizard first to unlock adventure mode, and just plow through that shit on the crusader once it's unlocked.

I was twinked a bit but soloed. I had 2 hellfire ring materials so I started the game on hard, freed Cain which unlocks access to the jeweller, crafted the 2 rings, one of them rolled great for twinking(flat damage and thorns, both of which are insane when you get newb values) so bumped the game to torment 1 and played up to lvl 52 or so on torment 1, crafting shit as I went, using a Cain set with a normal ruby in it for xp until 45 when I had to switched cause I was getting assraped. Around 50 it started becoming tough though so I dropped down to master to keep a good clearing speed, got to 60, equipped a bunch of legendaries and crafted some more(demonskin, helm of command, had a Hack with a socket) then played up to 66 or so until I dropped again to expert, shit was getting way too fucking slow in act5 and even on expert it was too slow to said fuck it and dropped down to hard to finish the game. Reached Malthael at 69 and a half, grinded that half level and killed him. Kept the Hellfire the entire time(well technically I swapped to the other hellfire I crafted which had better stats scaling). I finished act1 at 33, act2 at 48, act 3 at 55, act 4 at 59 and act 5 at 69.
Ahh makes sense, Thanks.

I find it very odd that i'm ~half way through A5 and i'm not even half way through 52 lol, It's like i was playing the entire game on normal which i wasn't.. very odd.
I'm thinking if i can't find somebody to PL me up a few levels i'll just finish the game on my wizard first to unlock adventure mode, and just plow through that shit on the crusader once it's unlocked.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If people were wondering where the mob density went with the 2.0 patch - they all packed up and moved into adventure mode. Bounty areas especially are packed wall to wall.
Hm my experience wasn't that the zones were any more packed doing adventures. The rifts were pretty packed but the open areas all seemed to same to me.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I had an unusually high density of treasure goblins in the one adventure mode I did, so high that I didn't think it could possibly be a coincidence even though it was the only time I tried that mode.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I was hopping the multi-player buff applied. The buff you get to magic find, etc. when you are running around as a group. Two stacks for two people, etc. I think?
Multiplayer buffs xp, not magic find. Mouse over the buff the next time you're in doubt.

Hm my experience wasn't that the zones were any more packed doing adventures. The rifts were pretty packed but the open areas all seemed to same to me.
Did a bounty x 5 and rift last night. The zones, all of them, definitely had more mobs than story mode. Festering woods, NOT the dungeons, had lots of skellies, more than usual.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You sure? I swear it said extra exp, magic and gold find. Character sheet seemed to reflect that as well

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Multiplayer buffs xp, not magic find. Mouse over the buff the next time you're in doubt.

Did a bounty x 5 and rift last night. The zones, all of them, definitely had more mobs than story mode. Festering woods, NOT the dungeons, had lots of skellies, more than usual.
Actually now that you mention it I do remember festering had giant packs of goat men. But some zones weren't much different. Like I had a bounty in North Highlands / Leorics and the density was relatively unchanged.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I had an unusually high density of treasure goblins in the one adventure mode I did, so high that I didn't think it could possibly be a coincidence even though it was the only time I tried that mode.
In a rift, I found a room that had ~10 treasure goblinss all clumped together. Not sure if that is a common occurrence or not.

Remmy

Golden Knight of the Realm
In the rifts my friends and I got to one that had ponies/teddy bears. Near the end there were 6-10 treasure goblins stacked next to eachother. All of them died nearly instantly, and seemed to drop full loot. I had to take two trips to carry all the drops.

I'm thinking this may be a rare section of the adventure rifts.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You sure? I swear it said extra exp, magic and gold find. Character sheet seemed to reflect that as well
I'll take my response back, I think I remembered it wrong. I prefer to play single player most of the time, so it's been a while. Still, seems like a lot of extra work to save cache openings for a full multiplayer game. And who knows how the mechanics for that works, there's no precedence.

Got a funny cursed chest event. I like the variation they've introduced, was getting tired of 100 mobs or 5 waves. Kill an elite in X seconds is fun. I've gotten a couple where I killed whatever was in there before the popup faded, not even sure what the event was. So I got complacent and the next one was kill the SK in 45s, barely made the timer.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm

Maybe it was this? It is old (4/2013), but I thought multi-player increased magic find in general some how.

Multiplayer Bonuses
Many players have already figured out that if you coordinate well with your party, you're more efficient. That's definitely true, but we'd like this benefit to be more explicit. So, we're going to straight up add a bonus for playing in multiplayer.
We're still working on the details of what that buff is going to be, but at the moment we're looking at 10% more XP per extra player in the game for a maximum bonus of 30% more XP in a 4-player game. This bonus will be multiplicative with MP bonuses. For example: suppose you are playing on MP10 with an XP bonus in Inferno of 510%. This means a monster is worth 610% of its normal XP (510% more). If you are playing in a 4-player game the monster will be worth 793% as much XP as normal. On top of this, you will also earn a flat 10% Gold Find and 10% Magic Find for each additional player in the game, and this bonus can exceed the 300% Gold Find and Magic Find caps.

Developer Journal: Multiplayer Improvements - Diablo III

Ryoz

<Donor>
Gonna be streaming a 24 hour session starting tonight around 11pm est. Have one friend with me for the long haul, rest will prob be moving in and out. Mostly rifts and bounties, get at me- Proobs#1918.

xzi

Mouthbreather
This expansion is really making me enjoy myself more and more. I actually feel like I'm playing a Diablo game now. It took them a bit of time but it feels so good right now.

Currentlythis build I have on my monkis pretty much pure group support and it's proven to be amazing. I can do T2 fairly comfortably, T3 is a bit more difficult as my DPS isn't as high as it could be but it's not too terrible.

Here's what my stats look like in game

vM84eQr.png

• Blinding Flash runed to Blind mobs for 6 seconds, helps a lot with big mobs with slow animations as well as using it to save people in the group
  • Cyclone Strike range increased to 34 to pull everything in sight
  • Mantra of Conviction runed so mobs take an extra 24% damage from everything
  • Spirit Ally so I can use it every 20ish seconds to gain 100 spirit to continue spamming Cyclone Strike
  • Crippling Wave used so enemies take another 20% damage on the 3rd hit from everything
  • Serenity runed to buff allys so they gain a shield that redirects 100k damage from them to me.

• Chant of Resonance so my Mantras cost far less (also gives me more spirit regen)
  • Beacon of Ytar fo CD Reduction
  • Seize the Initiative gives me 30% armor for how much dex I have
  • One with Everything for max resist all

This build is built pretty much to be in the middle of everything as a party monk. 13m toughness with 1400 resist all basically means I can stand in anything the game has to throw at me in Torment 1.
My cooldown reduction is currently up to 33.67% making it so my blinding flash is only a 10 second cooldown as well as my Spirit Ally is only a 20 second cooldown. I rely on my Spirit ally quite a lot because it basically gives me full spirit to continue spamming my pull, plus the extra passive spirit regen. Depending on the group I switch out my Blinding Flash to give me more damage briefly, or I'll totally switch it to Breath of Heaven with the rune that damages, since I have a bit of +holy damage. Again, this build is meant to be tanky so my damage suffered a tiny bit, but it's still pretty high.

My gear has some good synergies as well at the moment.
My ring + Shield combo is fantastic as well as my Chest + Belt.

I just wanted to share this build because it's been pretty ezmode for me so far. I would love to hear opinions on it/what you would do differently.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Oh if anyone is looking to swap some power levels, I'll be looking to do that on my Crusader Saturday from around 10AM EST until 4/5PM EST if anyone is interested. Not sure how long it will actually take.