Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bounties and Rifts can only be done at 70, or only after you beat the final boss, or neither?

Needless: If you are talking about me (since I got to 67 on T1), I did it on my wizard.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Bounties and Rifts can only be done at 70, or only after you beat the final boss, or neither?

Needless: If you are talking about me (since I got to 67 on T1), I did it on my wizard.
Sorry that was directed at Sabbat.
I ended up swapping to my wizard and got him to level 65 before i even saw a marquise ruby drop lol, although i got him a thunderfury and a decent ring upgrade in that timeframe~ too bad it was a 61 thunderfury though
frown.png

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate

I joined a game with Bounties and Rifts with my Crusader that was level 28 last night.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Game is no joke now. My barb has 370k damage, 4 mil toughness, 27k healing and I still have to pay attention in torment 1 and even die to the wrong type of packs.
What build are you using? I don't have nearly those measurables and I facetank T1 pretty easily. I think Barbs are going to have to adapt that we can't have all offense all the time skills on our bars until we get decent gear.

March - Community - Diablo III

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Starting to dislike the toughness stat. I think it's actually a disservice to players and misleading. I know it represents EHP, but by itself, that's kinda useless. As long as you can take 1-2 big hits, more HP(not EHP) is useless, especially if your healing stays the same. I think you should get vitality in ~4 slots(and not slots where you sacrifice an offensive stat to do it), and then get resist, armor, or healing instead. Even if it means a big red number on the item comparison.

Also, please remove single resist stats from the toughness calculations. How does that help anyone(besides maybe monks with OWE)?
Toughness is very misleading. A player needs to equalize there stats because life on hit is the new Life Steal. High vitality means nothing for Life on hit as opposed to resistance and armor. This is why Diamonds probably got introduced. You want an AR of 1k+ along with a descent vitality.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I'm going to try to keep my damage reduction from AR and armor approximately the same. As for diamonds, at 60, they were the no brainer non-weapon/helm socket choice because they offered the same amount of AR as main stat. New gems change that, scaling main stats well beyond diamonds. I might go back to socketing main stat gems in regular sockets if I have enough AR.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Thats entirely a good point. I think i need to pop all those marquise diamonds i'm getting onto my crusader, I'm fairly sure thats one of the big problems is that he has virtually no resist shit on any of his gear lol
A5 is no joke~

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
yeah.
Pay an extra $40 to get a game that isn't broken!

But there are a ton of other totally finished and competent games on the market? many free to play?!?
But... Zombie Blizzard?
Yeah! You could play the free game with its boring as fuck skill system and uninteresting enemies and limited viable builds where you spam one AOE attack over and over and then spend hours bartering for crap in chat or forums! Is your build wrong, or nerfed? Ha ha, fuck you, start over bitch!

So much better than a diverse and (now) synergy-based skillset that you can change on the fly to adapt to the many game-changing loot drops. And picking up that loot off the ground will always be better than collecting mountains of junk to hopefully trade.

PS: After trying it, Adventure mode goes quite a bit further than "the way it should have been from the start, duh" as I posted.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Played my WD last night up to level 66 or something. Originally I was on Master but it was way too easy so switched it to T1. Heard a lot of complaints about people having to drop to Master at Urzael or the big mini-boss of act V, but I haven't had a single problem - is WD overpowered right now or are people just having trouble with the new type of mobs? Some background, I got to 60 about 2 days before ROS so I didn't gear up at all. Everything I'm finding is upgrades. I'm only at around 90k DPS with 150k health, not sure what my toughness is. I haven't even died in Act V yet, although I'm sure last boss will kill me on T1. The big mini-boss was a little tough only because they had a shitload of HP and the damage was a bit rough with all the "don't stand in the fire" stuff going on. Still one-shotted them.

Still on the fence about Piranhas, I'll have to definitely do some parse tests at 70. I never liked the zombie wall, so I was using the acid rain or whatever skill primarily with vampiric bats. Can't tell if Piranhas are a DPS boost or not. Definitely with Piranhado rune it is a bit of a CC, so we'll see how it plays out.

How are other WD's speccing?
I'm still doing the pet spec, though I fucked around with pirahnas rather than zombie wall and didn't really like it (i use zombie wall for a taunt rather than damage). I was talking with a friend, and he actually told me that Malthael's drops won't change from normal->master rather only at torment is there a solid bonus/item, so I said fuck it and dropped down to normal to kill him last night (at 68). I honestly am not sure how you're doing t1 with 90k DPS and 150k health, as I'm at like 120k (or more, fuck whatever) and was having a hard time mowing through shit at t1.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm pretty sure it goes like so: one of your characters has to complete story mode (all quests, all 5 acts), then any character of any level can do adventure mode.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
The more I play my Crusader the more they feel like an unfinished class, just too many things not working and while running on a horse and dragging mobs behind you is awesome it doesn't replace they fact all the runes just scream placeholder.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Draegan that's what I'm running atm:
Pyros - Community - Diablo III
I'm only doing master though, if I was doing torment 1 I'd probably run one more defensive talent instead of righteousness or run a different rune on punish.

While leveling I did things slightly differently, I didn't use heaven's fist and instead was using Shield Bash, but the fact it glitches everytime you fight a Jailor mob and forces you to relog made me swap it at some point in act5. You don't need Long Arm of the Law necessarily but you get less uptime on nephalem, sometimes it drops, but overall it's up enough like this and I like Law of Valor to begin with. I also really like Punish as the builder, it's good damage(albeit single target) and pretty much all the runes are good as long as you have a decent block rate which tbh you get just from using a 15%shield and punish itself. I'm using attack speed one atm as I find it to be fairly consistent and it increases wrath generation, the crit one is ok but I'm not 100% sure how it works(as in, does it proc off crits of shit that's on the ground or is it only from skill usage) and it's kinda meh when fighting a lone elite left or bosses since you don't block nearly enough at that point.

Don't check gear too much, apparently that page doesn't show enchanted shit, I changed a lot of those stats into better stuff. I'm trying to get cooldown reduction on gear too if possible, with 4 cooldowns on my bar I think it's probably gonna be the best stat.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I was able to get up to level 70 yesterday, kill Malthael, and start some bounties.

I definitely had to switch down from Master around level 67ish on my Monk. It was taking me too long to kill stuff and just was not fun. I arrived at Malthael at level 68 and decided to go grind out the last 2 levels before killing him for the legendary drops. He dropped the bracer plan and an Andariel's Mask which ok, not great.

I am not a huge fan of the new Monk skill unless it has the last rune. The cooldown is just too long for my tastes as a defensive. I do use it right now with final damage rune as it helps my tank build solo dps a bit. With my build I basically just face tank everything with Mantra of Healing bubble. As long as the health loss isn't ridiculously fast I can keep bubble up forever. I bounce around with Dashing Strike if things get too intense.

Ehlo - Community - Diablo III

I started doing bounties and did 3 boxes. Dropped a pretty awesome mace from my first box so I could up the difficulty again. I enjoy the bounty system, having a goal when you are playing is nice. Better than just random mob killing. The real question is if the Horadic boxes are affected by the # of people next to you when you open them. Assuming yes, I am just going to save up a bunch of them and open them with my clan.

I did one rift when I got enough shards as well. I like the concept, would be better with a party. I solo'd the first one just to do it and it was definitely fun. Again, I enjoy goals.

I am torn on Blood Shards. They seem kind of silly. It is just a targeted slot gambling system. So far I have only received yellow / blues from it that were pretty worthless.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I really have no idea how you could solo T1 all the way to 67 on your crusader. Unless you hit 60 before you got to act 5 and lucky drops?
I can barely do expert on mine in A5 (everything prior was very easily done on master) usingBased - Community - Diablo IIIfor gear.

A5 seems to have a threashhold where its scaled to be for level 60 mobs even on lower difficulties. Some of the common monsters on "Master" had anywhere from 150k (small monsters) to 500k+ (larger). Which is pretty insane for level 50 at the time. I put it down to normal or hard and just do all the sidequests i can find now in order to level.. which is kind of odd as it was pretty well streamlined up until act 5.

I think their exp nerf kind of fucked over new characters in this regard.. even with +33% exp in my helm and +35% from my ring.. i was only level 48 or so by the time i killed diablo.
I solo'd my crusader until 38 on Torment 2 (I hadn't hit Act 2 yet, so I would have hit 60 well before Diablo), then a mate logged in with his 66 wizard and we pushed it to T6 to get me to 60. He logged out his wizard and we duo'd Crusaders at 60 in Act 5, Torment 1. My Crusader had my old barbs gear, at roughly 130k dps and 1mil toughness on the barb, while my friend was only using shit we'd found along the way. The duo took us to 64 very quickly then he had to log, I solo'd T1 at 64 for a bit, and got to 65, another friend logged in his 67 barb and joined me, this kicked the game up to 67 even though I was the "owner" of the game, and shit got really, really fucked up. Another friend logged in his 66 monk, and that fucked it up even further. I made 67 doing this, but it wasn't all that enjoyable, each fight was a clusterfuck when it came to champions. I dropped out at 67, tried T1 solo and just couldn't do it fast enough, dropped it to Master and dinged 70 not long after I'd killed Adria.

I'm currently running T1 at 70, and it's just fucking brutal, I don't have the damage to make it that much fun. I can handle the damage things do if I play reasonably smart, but at 4mil toughness it's fairly easy. It just takes FOREVER to kill some mob types, like the flying critter on the Path of War for example. I'll probably drop it to Master and make a run for the end of the act so I can do some Rifts and gear up more.

My skill build hasn't changed at all since the late 30s.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Okay, that's what i assumed. I just wanted to make sure haha. Neato

I think i need to bug somebody to PL me up from 52-60 so i can put on my old barb gear as well and continue, right now it's honestly not very fun playing that character. Once he's 60 it will be a lot better though