Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bit late to the party, been busy with school. Stopped D3 coupple months after release when it became obvious this shit was fubar.
That said, this expension... YES BLIZZARD! Am a beleiver again. This is diablo.

I still hate you Jay Wilson, wherever you are now.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's fun for a while until you get to the point where you realize it's statistically impossible to progress without trading.

penalty_sl

shitlord
instructions for the EXP exploit, just got a friend 1-70 in less than an hour doing this.

Steps:
1.Lvl 70 thats boosting make a game Act1> Quest5 > Khazra den (on T6, don't worry you don't need to kill anything on that difficulty)
2.Guy getting boosted joins your game
3.Leave game
4.Give party leader to lvl1 guy
5.Start game (should be level 1 T6 game now)
6.Lvl 70 guy do the quest(will be piss easy since its lvl1 torment 6 game), pick the sword, DO NOT GIVE SWORD TO CAIN
7.Leave game
8.Disband party
9.Lvl70 make game torment 6 ofc, and invite ur friend in
10.Now lvl 70 guy position ur char far enough from cain that you can still left click him to walk to him and have enough time to press escape before you get to him
11.Left click on cain > press ESC while walking twords him> When u hear ur char talking to cain about quest LEAVE GAME
12.Lvl1 guy gets quest done, leaves game
13.Lvl70 guy start game again (game will still be on hand in the sword to cain quest)
14.Rinse and repeat last 5 steps

an accordion_sl

shitlord
It's fun for a while until you get to the point where you realize it's statistically impossible to progress without trading.
Yeah, there's a pretty big wall when you're down to wanting 1-3 specific items for different build options. The only option is to sit there and hope they drop out of a pool of nearly every legendary in the game (+ random chance gambling).

Kinda kills motivation to play unless you really like alts.

Xevy

Log Wizard
You know it's funny I almost think it's better to normally level people and have them give you their iridescent shards so then you can roll the stats on your lvl 60 SoJ's and shit~

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I mentioned the other night that I am finding it harder and harder to want to long in and grind as time goes by and you would like I had insulted everyone's mother. It is still fun in that I log in and play in short bursts and log out but as mentioned without finding certain key items you are just stuck, and even with those items there is very little reason to increase to higher torment levels.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
instructions for the EXP exploit, just got a friend 1-70 in less than an hour doing this.
What's funny is they will probably patch this in a few days until someone else finds a new XP exploit. At this point they should just make the fucking quest system give zero xp since that's where 99% of these exploits come from or just say fuck it and let people boost to 70.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bit late to the party, been busy with school. Stopped D3 coupple months after release when it became obvious this shit was fubar.
That said, this expension... YES BLIZZARD! Am a beleiver again. This is diablo.

I still hate you Jay Wilson, wherever you are now.
Sounds like he went to the Titan team (ie: unannounced project at the time, and as far as I can tell isn't working on hearthstone).

Shortly after, Titan went into development hell and was canceled/restarted after 5+ years in development.

Coincidence?

Diablo 3 1.0 sucked ass, as much as you can say it was a collaborative failure, ultimately the guy at the top is going to get most of the blame, the person posting on the forums defending all their terrible terrible decisions such as the AH, and the more "story focused" nature of D3's cutscenes, the talent point instant respecs and yea, that person is Jay Wilson.

Hell, Diablo 3 2.0 at least has me interested in buying future projects from the company, I haven't even looked at hearthstone because it came from a company that I KNOW was releasing shitty products for the last 5 years (I've also skipped buying the latest wow expansion, the game was just too much for me after Cata, Cata was bad and Pandaria didn't make it better, it made it even worse.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
I mentioned the other night that I am finding it harder and harder to want to long in and grind as time goes by and you would like I had insulted everyone's mother.
You don't log in often and when you do you proudly complain in chat. Shocked that players wouldn't just warm right up to you.

axeman_sl

shitlord
I finally got a TF and SoJ today, completing the gear setup I was aiming for. It isn't impossible, it just takes a while. It'd be boring if you could get it too easily. I'd say the point of continued play is to either get absolutely perfect gear or to get endgame gear on several classes, whichever you prefer.

I suppose I could get a trifecta RoRG and one of the legendary immunity amulets with the same stats as my current amulet, but that could take years.

Larsen - Community - Diablo III

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It isn't impossible, it just takes a while.
A "while" being anywhere from a week to [literally] forever, with it being vastly worse if you care about getting items from multiple non-crafted sets that combine in a perfect way with RoRG.

Looking at your gear, you have about the same gear level (in terms of difficulty to acquire) I had after the first week of RoS. Then I had a dry spell lasting 20 days before finally getting one of the items (~2740 dps Natalya's Xbow) I need to take it to the next level, except to use that item I also need 2-4 other items to free up slots and make it work.

Bottom line, there NEEDS to be a way to target the Torment-only sets specifically, otherwise it's entirely possible that you could play months or even years without ever getting what you want.

And since you mentioned amulets, they are much too rare. I've gotten close to 50 rings since RoS, and maybe 8 amulets. I see the same trend in clan chat and with the people I group with.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I still need a SoJ, Mirrorball, 70 Tals belt (neck/source too), and 4/6 immunity amulets. After that it's battling the loot system for optimized affixes.

Ironically, the crafting system gives you more opportunities to roll the good affixes, but when you see how many crafts it takes just for a passible one it kills all interest in farming for straight dropped items. Kadala being non-set only means she's not offering BiS on half your gear.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thought about this more and here's what I would do to help people get sets without making it too trivial or caving to the demands of people who just want them to get rid of BoA (fuck that):

1. Fix caches so that difficulty level matters. Their current implementation is still one of the most retarded ideas anyone at Blizzard has ever had. A1 cache - L70 2/4pc set. A2 - L70 2/4/6pc set. A3 - L60 set. A4 - Keeping with the current design, any set item. A5 - Things like set weapons, rings, amulets, offhands. The kind of shit that rolls so poorly that it's useless most of the time, so an extra way to target those particular things would be nice. These drops should be independent of the current cache legendaries, so as to not ruin things for people still searching for RoRG, Pride's Fall, etc. And obviously the set drops should only happen at T1+, and scale accordingly.

2. Add rare purple name spawns to rifts that have the increased drop rates, but ONLY drop set items when they do drop something. Apply a boost to the chance of getting a set item to rift guardians as well, though not to the same degree as the rares.

3. Do something with Kadala. Like, say, add a second shard drop to torment rift guardians that can be used to purchase all the same slots but it gives a set item instead of a legendary when you hit the jackpot. Also, scale shard drops so that torment level matters--this is almost as retarded as the cache design.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So I was bitching about loot and then a Tal's chest popped out of the resplendent chest in that creepy farmer's basement in Fields of Misery. A fucking awesome one too. Now all I need is a decent RoRG to complete 3 sets at once.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Jay Wilson is and always was a complete fucking idiot. The Blizzard we all knew is long, loooooong gone. And anyone left of that old crew is now old, rolling in moneybags, and could give nary two fucks about the quality of the shit spewed from Blizzard's asshole, which is what it is. The only thing they care about now is the quarterly earnings call.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Thought about this more and here's what I would do to help people get sets without making it too trivial or caving to the demands of people who just want them to get rid of BoA (fuck that):

1. Fix caches so that difficulty level matters. Their current implementation is still one of the most retarded ideas anyone at Blizzard has ever had. A1 cache - L70 2/4pc set. A2 - L70 2/4/6pc set. A3 - L60 set. A4 - Keeping with the current design, any set item. A5 - Things like set weapons, rings, amulets, offhands. The kind of shit that rolls so poorly that it's useless most of the time, so an extra way to target those particular things would be nice. These drops should be independent of the current cache legendaries, so as to not ruin things for people still searching for RoRG, Pride's Fall, etc. And obviously the set drops should only happen at T1+, and scale accordingly.

2. Add rare purple name spawns to rifts that have the increased drop rates, but ONLY drop set items when they do drop something. Apply a boost to the chance of getting a set item to rift guardians as well, though not to the same degree as the rares.

3. Do something with Kadala. Like, say, add a second shard drop to torment rift guardians that can be used to purchase all the same slots but it gives a set item instead of a legendary when you hit the jackpot. Also, scale shard drops so that torment level matters--this is almost as retarded as the cache design.
To implement something like this, they'd need to actually add enough crusader sets to be on par with other classes. It also seems like complete overkill, should just allow kadala to gamble all set items, it'd still take long but there's a pretty good chance you'd get something.

Jay Wilson is and always was a complete fucking idiot. The Blizzard we all knew is long, loooooong gone. And anyone left of that old crew is now old, rolling in moneybags, and could give nary two fucks about the quality of the shit spewed from Blizzard's asshole, which is what it is. The only thing they care about now is the quarterly earnings call.
Your anti-Blizzard opinion is irrelevant when you're purchasing all their MMO expansions and subscribing. For hating the "new" Blizzard so much, you've given them more monetary support than most posters here.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

Steps:
1.Lvl 70 thats boosting make a game Act1> Quest5 > Khazra den (on T6, don't worry you don't need to kill anything on that difficulty)
2.Guy getting boosted joins your game
3.Leave game
4.Give party leader to lvl1 guy
5.Start game (should be level 1 T6 game now)
6.Lvl 70 guy do the quest(will be piss easy since its lvl1 torment 6 game), pick the sword, DO NOT GIVE SWORD TO CAIN
7.Leave game
8.Disband party
9.Lvl70 make game torment 6 ofc, and invite ur friend in
10.Now lvl 70 guy position ur char far enough from cain that you can still left click him to walk to him and have enough time to press escape before you get to him
11.Left click on cain > press ESC while walking twords him> When u hear ur char talking to cain about quest LEAVE GAME
12.Lvl1 guy gets quest done, leaves game
13.Lvl70 guy start game again (game will still be on hand in the sword to cain quest)
14.Rinse and repeat last 5 steps
I dont expect this to last beyond monday - considering how much gold it is at L70 an hour it will be zapped asap.