Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

penalty_sl

shitlord
WD has been a blast so far, but I feel the last few days I've hit a massive brick wall as far as not being able to do any builds because I cant find certain combinations of items. Really burning out on playing.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone know a quick way to roll up fiery brimstones?
How many do you need? If they are still tradeable I'd be willing to part with a few. Or all of them. I can't imagine what I'd ever need them for so I'm not sure why you need them either.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I also have a few legacy legendaries laying around for some reason that I could just salvage or give to you.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
WD has been a blast so far, but I feel the last few days I've hit a massive brick wall as far as not being able to do any builds because I cant find certain combinations of items. Really burning out on playing.
This happened to me, and then I went to play the monk for a while. Either got lucky, or OWE just let me take T1 faster and easier, but I was rolling through T1 super quick after hitting 70 and thought, man, this is the life. Then I hit the Monk wall for gear, due to OWE, and I was like man, my toughness is kick ass, but my DPS is starting to fall way behind.

Switched back to my WD, and shit's awesome. I'm loving it again even more and gets better and better with every legendary drop.
smile.png

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I don't have to see you play the game. I know you're the guy that botted(bots?). I know you're the guy that specs however Krassus tells him to spec so you'll be their cooldown bitch and get carried through high torment rifts. When left to your own gearing choices, you're the idiot that uses a 1H that isn't Gyrfalcon Foote instead of any 2H. Yes, even with the +holy% on the Skycutter, a 2H would be better dps and easier on your wrath.

I know profiles can be misleading. Certain buffs don't get counted, etc. But they aren't THAT far off. Last I viewed your profile, you were ~480k dps. My in-game dps is 680k, I play the same basic spec. You aren't "steamrolling" T5 with those numbers.
hmm i didn't have to change a single skill in my build when i ran with him herp da derp, and we all know sheet dps is king right? i can put on the 2 hander and shoot up to 760k so not sure who you are trying to impress with that number, you know the 80% or something holy damage isn't counted for right?

don't really have wrath problems when it matters, if my dps is the issue sure ill throw on the 2hander, but it never is, i like moving fast in t1-3 rifts its all melted with my current dps anyway so.

anyway bro it must pain you, that TECKY MC MOUTHBREATHER can go to a higher torment than you? i mean you're a monk for Christ sake and you're still trash.

your fucking gear is awful on your crusader are you kidding me?

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
Is it bad luck on my end, or do you guys find treasure goblins to be pretty underwhelming these days? I get those huge clumps of them sometimes in rifts and still nothing but yellows, blues and gems. I've gotten one legendary from a gob since the xpac.

eU1LuXO.jpg

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Is it bad luck on my end, or do you guys find treasure goblins to be pretty underwhelming these days? I get those huge clumps of them sometimes in rifts and still nothing but yellows, blues and gems. I've gotten one legendary from a gob since the xpac.

eU1LuXO.jpg
yeah they suck, it used to be like OMG GOBLIN GOOOOOOOOO, now its meh gob over here.

Crone

Been thinking all afternoon on a build I want to try out tonight, and I'm getting tugged in all directions. Pet or DoT, basically. I think some of my gear goes one way, some of it goes the other. I think my Crit chance is pretty good, I think at 48%, but my crit damage is low at like 288%.
frown.png

Any help would be appreciated.

Crone - Community - Diablo III

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I still can't believe people complaining about loot. RoS has been out for like 3 weeks and do you really want a game where you are full top tier gear that fast? Can it be frustrating not getting what you want? Sure if that's the only reason you play. I personally play to chat with some friends and overall I enjoy just destroying monsters. Sure those pieces of gear make it all worth it and it's nice to get a drop, but I'm not going to let a dex roll on gloves I've wanted ruin my day. Of course it also helps when 2hrs later Kadala balances things out
smile.png
. Kharma!

an accordion_sl

shitlord
I still can't believe people complaining about loot. RoS has been out for like 3 weeks and do you really want a game where you are full top tier gear that fast? Can it be frustrating not getting what you want? Sure if that's the only reason you play. I personally play to chat with some friends and overall I enjoy just destroying monsters. Sure those pieces of gear make it all worth it and it's nice to get a drop, but I'm not going to let a dex roll on gloves I've wanted ruin my day. Of course it also helps when 2hrs later Kadala balances things out
smile.png
. Kharma!
You're missing the point, people aren't complaining because they can't acquire item x in y time, they're complaining that they can't acquire item x through any specific means. The only hope to getting specific items is just playing nonstop, gambling isalmosta solution but you still can't target set items.

edit: you also have jeram, tasker and theo, thunderfury, soj and ice climbers...

dak

Been thinking all afternoon on a build I want to try out tonight, and I'm getting tugged in all directions. Pet or DoT, basically. I think some of my gear goes one way, some of it goes the other. I think my Crit chance is pretty good, I think at 48%, but my crit damage is low at like 288%.
frown.png

Any help would be appreciated.

Crone - Community - Diablo III
Frozen Piranhas hasn't been very good in my experience. 50% weapon damage per second is pretty crap, even with a lot of +cold% gear. The slow effect isn't that great either. I'd change out for piranhado.

Leaching dogs > burning dogs in almost all cases

Flashfire > pyrogeist in my experience

You're not running garg, so I'd get rid of midnight feast. I'd replace that will grave injustice probably and pick up garg too personally.

I'd probably ditch Haunt for firebats, swap in haunt on malth kills and whatnot.

Your toughness is really high when compared to your damage, I'd resocket that helm gem for CDR. Your gems in general need to be updated, you are missing out on at least a couple hundred intelligence, using stuff like +62 int topaz

Murked

You're missing the point, people aren't complaining because they can't acquire item x in y time, they're complaining that they can't acquire item x through any specific means. The only hope to getting specific items is just playing nonstop, gambling isalmosta solution but you still can't target set items.

edit: you also have jeram, tasker and theo, thunderfury, soj and ice climbers...
I play a lot more than I probably should
frown.png

Crone

Frozen Piranhas hasn't been very good in my experience. 50% weapon damage per second is pretty crap, even with a lot of +cold% gear. The slow effect isn't that great either. I'd change out for piranhado.

Leaching dogs > burning dogs in almost all cases

Flashfire > pyrogeist in my experience

You're not running garg, so I'd get rid of midnight feast. I'd replace that will grave injustice probably and pick up garg too personally.

I'd probably ditch Haunt for firebats, swap in haunt on malth kills and whatnot.

Your toughness is really high when compared to your damage, I'd resocket that helm gem for CDR. Your gems in general need to be updated, you are missing out on at least a couple hundred intelligence, using stuff like +62 int topaz
Ya, gems was a known problem. Have the gold just been really cheap because I figured I'd be replacing the gear quickly.. then again, you don't lose the gems, so good point. Derp derp.

As for Midnight Feast... drop that, lose the pet damage, but pick up Garg? With humungoid? or the temporary Garg rune? What should I drop to get Garg? Locusts probably.

As for burning vs leeching. Maybe I don't have very much life on hit, but why should I consider it's a shit stat now, and first choice to reroll on any item, but they weren't healing me for very much. Why go leeching dogs versus 20% fire dogs, and don't they then benefit from my 30% fire damage?

Faltigoth

I think an even bigger complaint should be that there a handful of items that are just so much better than anything else that having them makes a complete world of difference for your character. Like can anything else, for a crusader, say, match a Gryfalcon's + Jekanbord? The effect a good Cindercoat has on damn near every class is also hard to match. Stones of Jordan are a staple. And you have as much chance to get one of these game-changing items as you do of getting Bag of Limp Dicks and other shit legendaries, as far as I can tell, so it becomes mostly flat out luck that determines the top end of your effectiveness.

But, as has been said before, that's the nature of Diablo.

dak

Ya, gems was a known problem. Have the gold just been really cheap because I figured I'd be replacing the gear quickly.. then again, you don't lose the gems, so good point. Derp derp.

As for Midnight Feast... drop that, lose the pet damage, but pick up Garg? With humungoid? or the temporary Garg rune? What should I drop to get Garg? Locusts probably.

As for burning vs leeching. Maybe I don't have very much life on hit, but why should I consider it's a shit stat now, and first choice to reroll on any item, but they weren't healing me for very much. Why go leeching dogs versus 20% fire dogs, and don't they then benefit from my 30% fire damage?
Currently, without using Garg the only pet damage you are losing right now by dropping midnight feast would be the dog damage which is almost insignificant. That passive won't improve fetish damage.

With +fire% gear that you have I'd go with the temporary garg (wrathful protector). Without a Mask of Jaram but a lot of fire gear, my Wrathful protector hits for around 25 million on crits. He does huge damage and with grave injustice he is up with about a 15 second gap in between.

To be honest, I'm not sure if midnight feast affects WP, it should obviously, but I've noticed WP damage doesn't go down when I take it replace that passive (Still hitting ~25m).

Unless you have a Quetzalcoatl (or prefer Jeram), Locust swarm would probably be the best thing to drop for WP. At that point you may free up a passive slot for creeping doom as well.

Leeching dogs gives 100% life on hit x 3-5 pretty much no matter what you are doing in a fight, which can really add up fast. It's great on stuff like Malth, but I guess since you have really high toughness and low LoH it's not that big of a deal. Overall, the idea is dog damage is such crap and they are mostly just meatshields regardless of rune, so increased durability from Leeching dogs is still better. In the grand scheme I don't think the tradeoff either way is that great, but the min-maxer consensus I've seen is leeching is usually better, especially since a lot of WD spells are really shitty coefficents.

Needless

Toe Sucker
guys with gear: its okay guise, just L2P
guys with shit luck: this game sucks dick, where mah dropz?

It'll never balance out, I enjoy the game for what it is, but with no drops comes hand in hand with no fun for me. Obviously not everybody but it definitely kills the diablo buzz. Not everybody loves D3 for a glorified chat window lol
Either way, it doesn't matter. People are going to complain and others are going to have fun~