Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
This happened to me, and then I went to play the monk for a while. Either got lucky, or OWE just let me take T1 faster and easier, but I was rolling through T1 super quick after hitting 70 and thought, man, this is the life. Then I hit the Monk wall for gear, due to OWE, and I was like man, my toughness is kick ass, but my DPS is starting to fall way behind.

Switched back to my WD, and shit's awesome. I'm loving it again even more and gets better and better with every legendary drop.
smile.png
Monks are very very gear dependent for deeps. Get a decent thunderfury and watch things explode. OWE and STI are pretty much required, but you still have 2 slots to play with there, and build will determine utility.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
My monk is in a pretty good place, there's not much I can't steamroll on T3. By steamroll, I mean kill elite packs in under 15 seconds.

Iwazaru_sl

shitlord
full right now bro just checked and tried.
You can remove me if you need room. Not being able to target specific drop types or up your chance at set drops keeps me from wanting to log in. Raising the difficulty does very little overall without being able to adjust the RNG toward something specific. I lost my elitist patience for the long grind years ago. Shame to, not counting the storyline, 2.0 Diablo is so much better than it was at release.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ran 25-30 A1 bounties last night, zero legendaries nevermind the ring.
Played 5 rifts with my brother, got one notable legendary, a Thundergods Vigor and gave it to him since it rolled Dex and I play Wizard. He's a Monk.
About to log off but gambled Chest drops, and got a Cindercoat. Fuck yeah
Diablo Karma. Thank you RNGesus.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My monk is in a pretty good place, there's not much I can't steamroll on T3. By steamroll, I mean kill elite packs in under 15 seconds.
Heh, I'm starting to see Deathwing's point. "Steamroll," "melt," etc. to me means killing elite packs before 90% of them even get to use any of their affixes. 15 seconds would be more like "time to drop it a level or two because this is way too inefficient."

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Monks might be the lone exception since they have shit for burst. I mean, I guess you can pop Inner Fire, Faith in the Light, Forbidden Palace, and Overawe all at once for maybe 2x the dps? But then your spec is incredibly gimp unless you have a ton of CDR.

But either way, if it's taking you a almost a whole Epiphany to down an elite pack, I would agree, that's too slow.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hate the monk class.

To start, I have to give up the set bonus for sweeping winds that I had gotten so used to after 2 years of playing until I get 3 more pieces or 2 and a ring. Then I have to get really lucky on my legendary roles because with OWE I want to be able to reroll the resistance, not one of the primary stats. Monks suck in their current form because of OWE. The way that skill should work is that the highest resistance rating is then used as the lead resistance. All other resistances regardless of type will then key off that resistance for that skill. This way I can choose not to bother having to reroll secondary stats because of one skill that is so fucking over powered compared to all other skills.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
In the couple weeks I played 2.0 before the expansion launched I had great luck with legendaries, since hitting 70 however I have had TERRIBLE luck and I am really suffering as a result. I'm reliant on Exploding Palm chain reactions to do pretty much anything efficiently and I have none of the really cool and/or useful legendary effects. My one saving grace is that my usual Rifting buddy is a wizard and so he can take care of burst damage if I can manage to keep the mobs tanked / clustered nicely. Even still I feel like I'm being carried

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
RNG in this game seems to be totally whack! Last night I run 3 T2 and then 2 T3 rifts and get 1 legendary and 1 Forgotten Soul. I decide to go into a random rift clearing group doing T2 and legendaries start raining from the sky for me. I get 2 legos and a lego recipe in each of the first two clears, next two I get 1 lego and 1 lego recipe. Last two it slowed down to only 1 lego and 1 lego recipe. So in 6 clears I got 7 Legos and 4 Lego recipes.

I was completely like WTF is this. I?ve never had legos literally drop like that before.

Most of the legos weren?t great except for the Mirrorball. Now I just have to start working on fire items right after I just changed to Arcane.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I have hundreds of stones and the yellow ones, no blues. Let me know I got a huge donation just taking up bank space.
Is it worth it to reroll my rondel locket for 100% CD on it? I've got 5% IAS at the moment and that does fuck-all for me.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have 4 classes at 70 and I have not received a good drop on any of them. It's pretty disheartening. I get it, the game is new, and I don't want to have optimal loot within a month - but it gets really shitty when you literally find nothing of value.

I tend to bounce between classes, partially due to my shitty luck and partially due to I enjoy them all, so maybe that's some sort of a problem. But still, you'd think I'd find anything by now.

This weekend I'll probably level my remaining two as I don't feel like grinding for gear for 8 hours a day that never seems to drop for me.

Otherwise enjoying the changes they made..

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Heh, I'm starting to see Deathwing's point. "Steamroll," "melt," etc. to me means killing elite packs before 90% of them even get to use any of their affixes. 15 seconds would be more like "time to drop it a level or two because this is way too inefficient."
Should I go back to playing Normal guys? halp.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
It's really annoying that smart loot keeps bugging on me, I keep getting int primary stat on dropped items that aren't "class only" items while play barbarian and monk, it really pissed me off that when my shard of hate dropped for my barbarian it rolled int on it.