Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Not a bug, simply a misunderstanding on your part.
ugh I have ridiculously bad luck if it's only a weighted chance then, I had 6 legendaries in a row roll int for a barbarian, and still no thunderfury 350 paragon levels later :/

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dat video, makes me feel even worse about salvaging my 2nd unity, perma 50% damage reduction and perma pride's fall buff, take advantage while you still can.

So no, you shouldn't roll a dh based on that, by the time you have one with that gear they'll have fixed unity.

Actually now that I think about it I may have a lvl 60 unity on a mule, I haven't gotten a follower can not die token yet though.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Thats definitely all belt. I regret souling mine very very much now, i didn't even think about it when i found it.
He also has an absurd amount of +fire damage and +CA damage and +discipline. but its all belt for the shit doing 50-100m

Pride's Fall and Cindercoat let him cast CA sooo much, fuuuck haha

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
It must be a misunderstanding then... as I've yet to get a legendary that had a primary stat that wasn't INT on my WD. It's seriously only a "weighted" chance to have the appropriate primary stat?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is it worth it to reroll my rondel locket for 100% CD on it? I've got 5% IAS at the moment and that does fuck-all for me.
Really depends on your build, as a Wizard nothing beats dumping AP and it going back to full in 1.5 seconds so IAS is key along with CD / CR.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah man, last time I checked I'm up to 42 consecutive cluster arrows before running out of resources. Pretty overwhelming difference considering I started at 4.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Should I go back to playing Normal guys? halp.

I think you should show us an elite with more than a wet paper bag's worth of HP.

ugh I have ridiculously bad luck if it's only a weighted chance then, I had 6 legendaries in a row roll int for a barbarian, and still no thunderfury 350 paragon levels later :/
It must be a misunderstanding then... as I've yet to get a legendary that had a primary stat that wasn't INT on my WD. It's seriously only a "weighted" chance to have the appropriate primary stat?
Smart loot makes no guarantee to rolling main stat of the class you're playing. Just a strong likelihood.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thats definitely all belt. I regret souling mine very very much now, i didn't even think about it when i found it.
He also has an absurd amount of +fire damage and +CA damage and +discipline. but its all belt for the shit doing 50-100m

Well then damn that belt is crazy. I feel like his DPS was nuts even without the buff though.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Should I go back to playing Normal guys? halp.
No, and don't take what I said the wrong way. I wasn't criticizing your gear/build/whatever, I was simply saying that what you're doing is not efficient if your goal is to get loot quickly.

I have the Unity combo and enough dps that I could do T6 if I felt like it. If you look in game, however, you'll pretty much never see me doing anything but T1, occasionally T2 if I'm doing bounties solo. Ain't no shame in doing T1 until Blizzard removes head from ass and rewards clearing hard content reliably as much as they do clearing trivial shit efficiently.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah man, last time I checked I'm up to 42 consecutive cluster arrows before running out of resources. Pretty overwhelming difference considering I started at 4.
Thats nuts.. i lost a lot of +disc when i swapped to my Windforce and now i can only get like 6 or 7 or some shit. I don't have a cindercoat or a pride's fall either ;(

Well then damn that belt is crazy. I feel like his DPS was nuts even without the buff though.
Oh it's still very high, he has to have a boat load of elemental damage & CA damage like i said, as well as a ton of resource cost reductions and what not. Very nice gear thats for damn sure, you can't expect to do that without a large amount of RNG luck lol

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tinfoil hat on but since we started T4/5 our groups drops have gone up around 42ish % since Ive started counting. We're at the point where if we have our comp on and Malakriss isnt playing pattycake with chests that we MELT (yes melt) T5 and it feels like T1. Anyone who has run T5 with us knows how fast we work rifts. I think in order for T6 to be efficient we need me and one of our WDs to have the 4pc set.

IMO progression is T1 for weeks --> T4 while praying for set items and weapon combos that allow you to solo T5/6.

@Thunderfury I havent gotten a TF, Fulmi, Odyn Son either. I got a welfare TF from my bro Murked. RNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
So Diablo III is the first Diablo game I've played and I have a question for all you Diablo III mathematicians. My Wiz with buffs runs at 1.3m paper damage. I have a wand that does something like 1100-1300 Arcane damage and two items that increase my arcane damage, one by 15% and the other by 17%.

So WTF does that mean for my damage output?

I ask this because I'm currently running around in T3 as an Arcane/Disintegrate Wiz but I got a Mirrorball last night as well as a Stone of Jordan (believe that's what it's called) that has 17% Fire damage. I also had an amulet drop yesterday that has an 18% increase to fire. Sadly the Cindercoat that dropped last night doesn't have 3 gem slots and is Dex so I'm going to give that to my DH.

So I'm thinking of moving to Mirrorball/Fire once I get a Cindercoat I can use but I just want to know what does that % increase actually increase and what does my wand that deals 1100-1300 Arcane damage actually do when I'm hitting a mob.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nothing elite going on bro, I am the peoples champion and group with anyone. We're just a bunch of idiots trolling each other in TS while killing monsters. For real I got my 3rd Gyrflacons from Kadala this morning lol, the second one I fraps'd me destroying to trollolol Forge.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I'm thinking of moving to Mirrorball/Fire once I get a Cindercoat I can use but I just want to know what does that % increase actually increase and what does my wand that deals 1100-1300 Arcane damage actually do when I'm hitting a mob.
Weapon elemental type is irrelevant, it is determined by skill elemental type. The only time weapon elemental type would come into consideration is if you're out of resources and you use just a basic attack.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So Diablo III is the first Diablo game I've played and I have a question for all you Diablo III mathematicians. My Wiz with buffs runs at 1.3m paper damage. I have a wand that does something like 1100-1300 Arcane damage and two items that increase my arcane damage, one by 15% and the other by 17%.

So WTF does that mean for my damage output?

I ask this because I'm currently running around in T3 as an Arcane/Disintegrate Wiz but I got a Mirrorball last night as well as a Stone of Jordan (believe that's what it's called) that has 17% Fire damage. I also had an amulet drop yesterday that has an 18% increase to fire. Sadly the Cindercoat that dropped last night doesn't have 3 gem slots and is Dex so I'm going to give that to my DH.

Currently (Blizzard has said it is a bug) the damage type of your weapon isn't effected by your Elemental%. So basically if your wand was physical, cold or fire you'd do the same damage. It is the actual damage of the skill type that gets effected by the Elemental%.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Currently (Blizzard has said it is a bug) the damage type of your weapon isn't effected by your Elemental%. So basically if your wand was physical, cold or fire you'd do the same damage. It is the actual damage of the skill type that gets effected by the Elemental%.
That's not a bug. Your weapon damage type is irrelevant other than cosmetics on physical skills(a poison weapon will still do poison death animation on mobs when using physical skills). That's not changing.

The bug is that the %damage affix on weapons(that's like 4-10% damage) only affects "black" damage, or physical damage, so if your weapon has elemental damage as its mod, it only affects the base of the weapon, making it a terrible affix in comparison to attack speed. But that's only for that specific affix and depending on the weapon you're using you might not even be able to roll that affix without fucking up your weapon(example would be weapons with %elemental damage since you need damage affix, socket, main stat for the other primaries), so it's a fairly small problem.

Meko

Bronze Knight of the Realm
How are people finding multiple set items and sets? Is running split caches and constant 4 man rifts the only way to find loot? If so, I need to quit right now.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
So just to make sure I understand you guys correctly, even though my weapon says (1100-1300 Arcane), it really isn't doing anything Arcane. My only damage increase while using arcane is coming from my shoulders and helm that give me a total of a 22% increase in arcane.

Now that 22% increase in arcane damage isn't shown on my paper damage, correct? If my paper damage is 1.3m and I have a 22% increase in Arcane from items, does that mean my damage is increased by 286,000 when using an arcane spell like Disintegrate?