Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Rolled a freakin' awesome Thundergods Vigor belt. Has +100 RA, and +120 something of my main resist for my Monk. Still all up in my WD, but should be fun getting that on him. A little more DPS at least.

Last night, my DH friend got a WD set piece. The one we were just talking about that has the set bonus of consuming all DoTs. Not great rolls, but rerolled the regen into triple socket, so it's not terrible. Well on the way!!

All this talk about melting, and dps... With as few Rift guardians you run into (very high HP) versus elite packs (less HP) I feel there is very little need for "sustained" DPS, versus Burst. If you can burst a pack down, you are in much better shape.

Edit: And all this loot whine... I understand them feels... There are still some problems with it, because every class has an optimal set, and there are some instances that you can play a spec based on gear that you have, it's usually not worth it, and the Forgotten Soul is more valuable. Useless Legendaries, just because they are orange, doesn't fix problems.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Blue post:
When we did a pass on elemental damage types across skills during the Closed Beta for Reaper of Souls, the Barbarian class was one that received the most revision. While we arrived at a place much closer to where we were aiming, we think there's room for some additional adjustments. I don't have details on exact changes to share at this time, but it's likely you'll see some skills, and not just for the Barbarian, shift around their elemental type in a future patch.
Start saving now for rerolling your elemental bonus types.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Blue post:

Start saving now for rerolling your elemental bonus types.
Yeah, this was obviously coming. There are atonof skills where the elemental type doesn't match the name/description at all(Hands of Lightning and Blazing Fists say, "Hi"). Not to mention, a lot of classes need more options.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Even when I do, you're talking about shaving off a few seconds at the cost of performance against guardians/bosses/elites.
Nothing much more to say on the rest of your post, but I did want to discuss this a bit more. I was testing out FoH last night because you mentioned it. If things tightly clumped in a nice convenient cone for me, yeah, FoH probably killed as fast as BS. But that's rarely ever the case. You've got mobs that run away from you. Or you enter a room and they're all spread out, different types taking differing amounts of time to close. Or if they all close, they surround you, requiring at least 2-3 FoHs to kill them all. BS solves all of that! Even the big fatties that are left at half health after you've killed all his buddies. He'll receive a lot of the bounces during the shield spam.

I don't think that's just a couple of seconds. Single target does suffer, that's obvious.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Got an Odyn Son or whatever on my barb last night and it rolled 703str, 16% lightning, and a socket. Was really surprised considering it is bugged and normally rolls absolute shit.

What's a decent lightning build for a barb? Figured I'd give it a shot for a bit since my fire build is getting a little boring to play as.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Nothing much more to say on the rest of your post, but I did want to discuss this a bit more. I was testing out FoH last night because you mentioned it. If things tightly clumped in a nice convenient cone for me, yeah, FoH probably killed as fast as BS. But that's rarely ever the case. You've got mobs that run away from you. Or you enter a room and they're all spread out, different types taking differing amounts of time to close. Or if they all close, they surround you, requiring at least 2-3 FoHs to kill them all. BS solves all of that! Even the big fatties that are left at half health after you've killed all his buddies. He'll receive a lot of the bounces during the shield spam.

I don't think that's just a couple of seconds. Single target does suffer, that's obvious.
Well, Heaven's Fury is mostly a boss/elite killer, so from the perspective of white clearing, it's definitely worse than blessed shield. D3 is all about clearing elites/bosses as quickly as possible. Judging skills based on their ability to quickly clear trash mobs is mostly fruitless.

As far as blessed shield taking care of mobs that are spread out, you realize that you're seeing that benefit because of your difficulty level, right? As you go through higher torments, the shitty coefficient on shattering throw just doesn't keep up. I just don't see the ability to screen clear whites as much of a benefit. Especially when the only time I ever consciously mess with whites is between Steed cooldowns.

EDIT:
Seriously. People had better hope they rework a lot of their class skills to fire, because it's clearly the most filled out damage type.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Well, Heaven's Fury is mostly a boss/elite killer, so from the perspective of white clearing, it's definitely worse than blessed shield. D3 is all about clearing elites/bosses as quickly as possible. Judging skills based on their ability to quickly clear trash mobs is mostly fruitless.

As far as blessed shield taking care of mobs that are spread out, you realize that you're seeing that benefit because of your difficulty level, right? As you go through higher torments, the shitty coefficient on shattering throw just doesn't keep up. I just don't see the ability to screen clear whites as much of a benefit. Especially when the only time I ever consciously mess with whites is between Steed cooldowns.
Shitty coefficient? Why is 333% damage per bounce bad? Or do you mean the proc coefficient? It's 10%, which is the same as FoTH and Blessed Hammer, less than Sweep(25%), and much more than FoH(3.333%). Either way, you'll get many more chances to proc with BS and stacked with Provoke - Charged Up, which I'll admit I'm not sure how the proc mechanics work there, it seems to take big chunks of cooldown off skills with Rally.

Honest question, do rifts weigh elites higher for spawning bosses? Either way, unless you get the cemetary or super prison, I don't think you can skip that many whites. If you're doing bounties, you should be on T1 or normal and this discussion is pointless.

penalty_sl

shitlord
Sometimes I wonder if its worth the exp/drop bonus of running a rift in a full public game.

Everyone sitting around town with nobody except one person opening rift. The retarded DH who spams vault in circles trying to be annoying as possible the entire game, the other retard who runs ahead of everyone through the entire rift not contributing any DPS. The fucktard who has the staff that spams fear and makes us have to chase mobs and spend x3 as long killing packs. Fuck me, so much more relaxing to solo or duo with a friend.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The key to public games is only run on torments where you can carry everyone in a 4 player game if need be, so even if you get in with 3 terribles, you can clear it no problem. The bonus to drops is worth it, even in the worst of groups I feel. The thing that annoys me though is when everyone is sitting around in town and no one wants to spend the keys to open the rift. I'm guilty of that as well I suppose...

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I play strictly public games and I've yet to find too many bad players. The biggest problem for me is you get a lot of bots, those dudes that stay way back, occasionally swinging a weapon but generally doing nothing.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Two difficulties higher has a 52% higher chance of legendary drops. And how does the group mf bonus apply to legendaries? Does it get reduced by 90%? Only if those pubbies are sharing drops with you is it worth it.