Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Shitty coefficient? Why is 333% damage per bounce bad? Or do you mean the proc coefficient? It's 10%, which is the same as FoTH and Blessed Hammer, less than Sweep(25%), and much more than FoH(3.333%). Either way, you'll get many more chances to proc with BS and stacked with Provoke - Charged Up, which I'll admit I'm not sure how the proc mechanics work there, it seems to take big chunks of cooldown off skills with Rally.
It's 50% for the shattering throw fragments. As opposed to 270% for combust, 340% for fist of the heavens' bolts + 80% for enemies within 18, 170% for blazing sweep(although blazing sweep is bugged, making it shit), 735% for FoH(although it isn't great at clearing trash). Like I said, it isn't that blessed shield with shattering throw is bad, it's just that the alternatives are better(once the bugs are fixed), or just as comparable. It's strength remains in its ability to kill shit off-screen/at range. Once things become clumped? You're usually better off dispatching them with any of the other alternatives.

Honest question, do rifts weigh elites higher for spawning bosses? Either way, unless you get the cemetary or super prison, I don't think you can skip that many whites. If you're doing bounties, you should be on T1 or normal and this discussion is pointless.
Fields of Slaughter is another map which has a shitload of elites.

Yes, elites fill up the bar faster and there seems to be variables which weigh each elite/white separately.

I did some testing on this, and I'm convinced that the wiki is currently incorrect(it says 999 monster kills).

In my experience (in Normal) counting monsters, it took ~ 5 white monster kills to reach an additional percentage. I also tried counting in Torment, and it seemed to be the same.
I did some additional data gathering counting the kills to reach 10% progress. It was difficult to get groups that were easy to count, and I avoided recording data for groups with the Illusionist affix, as well as enemies that continually spawn other enemies. If I was unsure in my counting, I would throw out the group of 10%, and kill whites until I reached the next 10%. Still, it is very difficult to count exactly how many enemies you are killing. This meant that I only got 2-3 data points per run. Here's my data:

1. 36 white 7 elite
  2. 32 white 9 elite
  3. 41 white 3 elite
  4. 38 white 4 elite
  5. 34 white 8 elite
  6. 37 white 7 elite
  7. 36 white 8 elite
  8. 52 white
  9. 44 white 3 elite
  10. 35 white 7 elite
While this isn't a lot of data (and I didn't distinguish between Champions, Minions or Rares), we can make a couple of conclusions.

1. Elites do count as more than one kill. Using 52 kills (per 10%) as a baseline, an Elite on average gives 2.58 kills.
  2. It takes ~50 kills per 10%. This would put the total monsters slain to complete a rift at 500.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I don't know the exact formulas or anything, but when I farm a rift solo on torment 3, I get on average 1 legendary per 3 rifts. When I do torment 1 public rifts, I get on average a legendary per rift.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
It's 50% for the shattering throw fragments.
No, it isn't.

the last patch notes:

Blessed Shield

Increased base skill damage from 280% to 340% weapon damage
Skill Rune - Combust
Increased damage from 105% to 270% weapon damage
Skill Rune - Shattering Throw
Increased damage from 50% to 333% weapon damage
Known Issue: The tooltip for this skill rune does not reflect this change

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would assume by your posts Kirun saying blessed shield is weak at higher torments that you don't have a Gyrfalcons or if you do that you don't really understand the mechanics of how to make it work effectively.

My crusader doesnt really have anything special other than the combo and you can see from peoples posts here, I have no problems carrying in T5 unless its 4 people and I'm the only DPS.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I think I found the worst legendary ever

tt4LYOJ.png

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Nah i've seen similar rolls on hammer jammers, that qualifies as 'worse' than this one =p

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hate or any Barb can you explain why fire feels so weak compared to lightning? Played with my barb during lunch and fire just seems off but I dont have a STR cinder yet.

Should I focus on lightning to start? WW with the regen on hit for wrath feels so nice

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I would assume by your posts Kirun saying blessed shield is weak at higher torments that you don't have a Gyrfalcons or if you do that you don't really understand the mechanics of how to make it work effectively.

My crusader doesnt really have anything special other than the combo and you can see from peoples posts here, I have no problems carrying in T5 unless its 4 people and I'm the only DPS.
To be fair, outside of weapon/shield, crusaders don't have anything really special because they don't have good non-holy builds. I mean, I guess you can insist on running fissure. All that leaves is your 6 piece set.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I want to play the most burst DPS class there is, because I've played WD and Monk and both, until much higher gear levels, are not bursty.

Would that be Crusader with double bombardment? or wizard? I should mention most burst, and easiest to get to the burst!

I want to see what it feels like to melt elite packs, based on Deathwing's definition!

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got my 4th Thunderfury to drop today, unfortunately was not in a clan group to let one of you have it. Strangely enough, I was on my wizard and this thing dropped with STR and no INT, and it had a socket on it so it is decent, will probably have to give it to my Templar follower to use.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Hate or any Barb can you explain why fire feels so weak compared to lightning? Played with my barb during lunch and fire just seems off but I dont have a STR cinder yet.

Should I focus on lightning to start? WW with the regen on hit for wrath feels so nice
It largely depends on your gear. I feel even without a Cinder that Lightning is worse until you have at least a SoH. Preferred to be paired with an Odyn Son or TF. I'm still running SoH + Lightning but until you can get some items I always felt fire was better. Not to mention you get to use Avalanche w/ Volcano which basically destroys elites on low T-Levels.

Good thing about Light is that a HOTA will hit for less damage but will also process the SoH effect which means it can do 3x~200% as well. Which overall makes your output better. I also feel Cleave w/ Broad is a much better gainer than Frenzy w/ Maniac which is the go-to fire gainer.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Its a really powerful combo which they needed in order to make them viable. I was one so I am not throwing stones here but crusaders are pretty gimp without them.

Its in line with the other big items though. People who have gotten starmetals, wands of woh, and other class changing items have jumped in torments also easily.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Answered your own question?
So the cindercoat really makes all of the difference? If so I might just put one of my other ones and put 3 STR gems in it to test it out.

How do fire barbs regen wrath though, bash etc and then back into it?

@Tenks I have a SoH but its Int, I'm stuck in between both elements and dont want to delve into one without being sure as its expensive.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Fire builds are now the vogue "super high end" because you get the 4pc Earthquake set so your leaps trigger EQ. You get Lut Socks so you triple leap. You rune your EQ to be fire and you go around jumping from one pack to another laying down rapequakes. But if you don't have those items I find lightning and fire to be pretty similar but prefer lightning. The bolts the SoH lets out (not to mention Odyn's chain lightning which hits in the 1.5-2M range) makes clearing packs of trash much quicker, imo. Cindercoat -- I feel -- is somewhat overrated. I basically run without fear of having zero fury because Reapers Wraps and 3pc IK are so good at keeping fury up. But if you don't have either then the fury savings of Cindercoat is quite nice. Like I said my HOTA hits for a few million less (~9M vs ~12M) with my lightning build (it is easier to stack +Fire% and Smash does more damage outright) but each of my SoH bolts hits in the 2-4M range. So it evens the damage out with lightning pulling a bit ahead.

-edit-

Also the lightning HOTA stun is very good at clearing trash especially things that like to move around a bunch. Very good at keeping shit in place to just hammer.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got my 4th Thunderfury to drop today, unfortunately was not in a clan group to let one of you have it. Strangely enough, I was on my wizard and this thing dropped with STR and no INT, and it had a socket on it so it is decent, will probably have to give it to my Templar follower to use.
I think Thunderfury automatically has a socket on it.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I want to play the most burst DPS class there is, because I've played WD and Monk and both, until much higher gear levels, are not bursty.

Would that be Crusader with double bombardment? or wizard? I should mention most burst, and easiest to get to the burst!

I want to see what it feels like to melt elite packs, based on Deathwing's definition!
I would have said hands down best burst was dh before they nerfed sharpshooter, now they may very well still be, but it is significantly weaker than what it was before. Mark for Death + wolf companion + ambush + cluster bomb + 100% crit from sharpshooter = rape. But now pets reset sharpshooter so you can't debuff and place cluster bombs before opening your 1s 100% crit window.