Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
What I actually wonder regarding future updates is how Blizzard plans to do the season legendaries. Theorycrafted that a bit with friends while doing rifts and we came to the conclusion that the best way would be craft recipes that are on their own loot table during the season. You dont have to no-life 3 months for a 'perceived-as-required' item that also happens to drop with the right stats that way, and still get the special perk of taking part in that season. Then you can still make them after the season if the recipes (and mats) roll over into the main pool. Of course without knowing how long a season is that's all speculation.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
9pm to 12pm. Not that he got anything good... and to be fair he probably 'only' got 10, and got a few from Kadala. But getting a couple of double drops and stuff... he was just having a hell of an RNG night.

Afraid to ask... how many hours do some of you have on your crusaders? A few of you enjoying the set bonuses while I'm waiting on my 2nd to drop 76 hours in.
Over 100ish hours on mine and none, games broken bro

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I quit my crusader, no set drops in 2 weeks means this game is broken. No more grouping, joking, or having fun with my friends all because D3 didnt give me that 3% upgrade on crusader.

Srsly, imma Barb now.
Why does switching classes fix that? You don't want leapquakes or IK4?

axeman_sl

shitlord
Why does switching classes fix that? You don't want leapquakes or IK4?
For one thing, those are 4-piece sets instead of the 6-piece crusader one. Barb has a 5-piece set as well, but it's a bit wank. I suspect that crusaders, despite having only one set instead of the three that the other classes have, don't actually find their set pieces any more often than other classes find a given one of theirs. I.e. a barb and a crusader will have the same chance to find their Raekor/Akkhan pieces, but the barb then also has additional chances to find pieces of their two other sets. This means that other classes are much more likely to finish one of their sets while a crusader could very well farm for three months without completing theirs. I have no fucking clue why they neglected to make any 4p crusader sets. Just one of the countless Blizzard blunders surrounding that class.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got 4 set pieces on my first day on barb - Raekors legs, 2 LK helms, and Gaunts.

RNGesus says I have chosen wisely

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The main thing killing my draw to the game is I'd really like to have each class able to comfortably play in Torment, and that's just an obscene investment of my free time. My monk, my main, can do T1 fairly efficiently solo or T2-T3 efficiently with a group (more in a support than DPS role). My other classes can sometimes scrape by in T1 in groups but still need to gear them up. And this is without getting into things like unique builds made possible by sets/legendaries.

Obviously there's not much excuse for why someone who can only play a couple hours a day at most should be able to gear up multiple characters but that's really the problem. If I can't get to where I want to be, why bother at all?

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
The main thing killing my draw to the game is I'd really like to have each class able to comfortably play in Torment, and that's just an obscene investment of my free time. My monk, my main, can do T1 fairly efficiently solo or T2-T3 efficiently with a group (more in a support than DPS role). My other classes can sometimes scrape by in T1 in groups but still need to gear them up. And this is without getting into things like unique builds made possible by sets/legendaries.

Obviously there's not much excuse for why someone who can only play a couple hours a day at most should be able to gear up multiple characters but that's really the problem. If I can't get to where I want to be, why bother at all?
well it reallllllly should not take much for T1, realistically you should be able to piece together the right rares and the right spec to do T1, so having a few chars that can do T1 should be fairly doable, pretty sure i was running T1 right after hitting 70 on my crusader with only a thundergods as my only unique.

But besides that, i was able to gear my barb from crusader bank junk with the help of enchantress and he can do t3-4, also was able to semi gear a WD again using the enchantress to fix the gear.

Dis

Confirmed Male
So I did not get to play Thurs through Saturday due to a newly acquired dealership. I logged onto my Hunter coming home late Saturday, tired as hell for one rift run. I get a wolf shirt from gambling the shards acquired. Pretty happy about that, only took two rolls to get the 3 sockets as well. If that was all the RNG would have given this weekend, I would have very happy with the loot I got.

RNG decided to bless me on Sunday. I got two peices of Natalya's dropped for me, my 2nd Marauder's piece dropped, a Unity Ring, and to top it all off, an IK set piece dropped for me on my DH. Needless to say, what a day.

Question for the DHs out there, is the 4 piece Nat's set worth it. I am really liking my set up so far on my DH, killing shit nice and fast (although I could use some better rolled hand-xbows), I would have to give up something for rain of vengeance, which has me guessing vengeance itself would be the first candidate. Thoughts?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
9pm to 12pm. Not that he got anything good... and to be fair he probably 'only' got 10, and got a few from Kadala. But getting a couple of double drops and stuff... he was just having a hell of an RNG night.

Afraid to ask... how many hours do some of you have on your crusaders? A few of you enjoying the set bonuses while I'm waiting on my 2nd to drop 76 hours in.
You mean 9pm to 12am, right?

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
ive got like 200+ hours on my crusader, im missing 1 piece for the 5 pc bonus, so idk its pretty rare but its not needed, probably is to make the jump from t5-6 efficiently.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
You mean 9pm to 12am, right?
Yeah
wink.png
oops.

I really hope more than ladders and 'hey i beat your time!' rifts are coming, I feel like they could do so much more to make rifts more fun and interesting.

- Split the progress into bubbles like exp, with multiple rift guardians per run
- Different torment levels have a higher chance to get more rift guardians
- Have a variant where depending on the % cleared in a time period the rift the guardian appears and the percentage cleared influences loot drops
- Use resources (souls/etc) to spawn guarantee a certain type of rift, regular cost just spawns a random configuration

There's a lot of directions they could go with that kind of thing. I look at Marvel Heroes, driven by their in-game store to produce content and events and wish we had even a small amount of their events and celebrations. In Diablo we get 50% exp for the weekend.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I do know some people are serious about it and gear specifically for it so they can do higher torments because it is a lot of fun to play. But yeah, it is best for lower difficulty farming because it does take high dps to kill things when you're moving through like a wrecking ball. The strafe demolition rune is really cool though, it basically launches homing grenades as you strafe. So you get higher dps when strafing through mobs because of shuriken cloud, but you can also kill stragglers/mobs not in your immediate path really easily.
The grenades do not home on targets.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Searched for a post on this but didn't see it so if it's been posted already my apologies.

There is a new afk almost infinite xp spot. It requires 1 of two items to work and as much life on kills as you can gather via items or abilities.

It is afk killing rats in the Repository of Bones and can be done on adventure mode and the rats do drop legos.

Saw it yesterday on Twitch from Mufsaprime (I think that's his name.)

The one item you absolutely need are Firewalker boots. The other are the shoulders, don't know their name, that make your items indestructible. It can be done without item 2 but it won't last as long doing it.

What you do is go into the Repository of Bones on whatever torment level you feel comfortable with, I did it on TIII. Make sure you are NOT wearing your Firewalkers or any item with Thorns. Run around the dungeon looking for the door to the next level. DO NOT KILL THE RAT CALLERS, while you are doing this.

Once you find the door, run back into the dungeon and round up as many Rat Callers as you can. It works even better if you have a friend help you round them up as well. Bring them to the door to the next level. Park yourself in the corner of the door and put your Firewalker boots on.

How this works is, the Rat Callers hit you but they far enough away that they are not affected by your Firewalker aoe. On the other hand, the rats they call, can get close enough to you to get in the fire from your Firewalker Boots and die from them. Once the rats die, the Rat Callers call more rats and the cycle repeats itself.

The reason you need the shoulders that make your items indestructible is because you are being hit over and over again by the rats and Rat Callers, so your items are taking damage.

As a Wizard the three main passives I use are Dominance (for the shield each time I kill a mob), Blur (for reduced damge) and the one that when you stand still for 1.5s you gain 20% armor, resist and 10% damage.

Started this last night and did it for about 2hrs while watching TV, went from Paragon 220 to 222 and gained 3 Legos. I can go for about 3 hours before my gear breaks. I have the shoulders required but they have thorns on them so I can't use them.

Mufasaprime said he had been doing this for over 10hrs when I saw him on twitch.

Even with the right items though it's not infinite but can be very long. The reason is, whenever you level, the explosion will damage the Rat Callers. Also if you get a Nephilum buff, when it expires, it causes an explosion as well, so eventually you will run out of Rat Callers. That is why it really helps if you have a friend pull as many as possible to you. The more that are there, the more xp and legos you'll get as well as the longer it will last due to the closest Rat Callers to you taking damage from the explosions and eventually dying.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I did not get to play Thurs through Saturday due to a newly acquired dealership. I logged onto my Hunter coming home late Saturday, tired as hell for one rift run. I get a wolf shirt from gambling the shards acquired. Pretty happy about that, only took two rolls to get the 3 sockets as well. If that was all the RNG would have given this weekend, I would have very happy with the loot I got.

RNG decided to bless me on Sunday. I got two peices of Natalya's dropped for me, my 2nd Marauder's piece dropped, a Unity Ring, and to top it all off, an IK set piece dropped for me on my DH. Needless to say, what a day.

Question for the DHs out there, is the 4 piece Nat's set worth it. I am really liking my set up so far on my DH, killing shit nice and fast (although I could use some better rolled hand-xbows), I would have to give up something for rain of vengeance, which has me guessing vengeance itself would be the first candidate. Thoughts?
Might be useful solo if you like RoV, but not nearly as useful in a group setting because only last hits count as kills to reduce cd.

The grenades do not home on targets.
Yeah, they pretty much do, if I have targets all around me grenades go in all directions to each mob landing very specifically right underneath mobs, it is not just randomly spraying grenades, if I have one mob near me all grenades fly directly to that one mob.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
MeStevo_sl said:

My profile says i'm 345 hours in, but I'm sure that's not accurate. I work from home so I spend a lot of time paused or sitting in town while I'm working. Only a few nights of AFK farm included in there.

Still need 1 set piece to drop to get my 5/6. I've seen maybe 10 doubles, 5 of which were boots.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, they pretty much do, if I have targets all around me grenades go in all directions to each mob landing very specifically right underneath mobs, it is not just randomly spraying grenades, if I have one mob near me all grenades fly directly to that one mob.
Yeah, I wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy so I double checked when I got home and shit is definitely homing and this thing can and will home onto targets like 30 yards away as soon as you're in range and it'll home onto destructibles when not enough mobs are around so it really makes me fly around the map w/ the warzechian bracers. Its kinda of the like the grenade rapid fire rune, except you can move while casting it and it randomly homes onto targets near you. This skill is so much fun I'm thinking about swapping to it permanently.

Come to think of it I have a nat's xbow and helm and rorg, I suppose I could make a second gearset for strafe.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Making me want to play my DH. The smart loot sucks sorta when I'm WD, and he's DH. I should switch over to my Monk so that at least Dex is still dropping, but bleh. WD too much fun pet raping.

khorum

Murder Apologist
That's kinda my problem with wd. Soloing a t6 rift in 10 mins kinda ruins playing any other class.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I wish I could get any of the good gear on my WD. I can't get a ring to save my life, I've dropped about 4k shards and no Tasker and Theo, and while I've got 3 WD set pieces, it's from 3 different sets. Zuni hat which is useless, Helltooth shoulders which I won't use if I ever get a ring, and Jade Harvesters boots.

This game sucks when you can't get any of the loot you want.