Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
This game sucks when you can't get any of the loot you want.
My 8-year-old son summarized my D3 experience with 100% accuracy yesterday. Unprompted, after watching me play for a few nights, he remarked "This game sucks when you're not getting legendaries. And even when you do get them, they're mostly crap".

Yup.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The jerkanborg shield is so op. I got it right after hitting 70 and its nuts, easily can clear t1 and probably even t2. If I ever find the foote it's game over.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Pretty much - the time vs reward aspect still isnt there - Im just moving my toon around from one endless mob spawn to another and i currently find the game most enjoyable when my g13 is playing it for me.

Say what you want but my toon isnt even that geared and i salvage about 99% of all drops just bc even the good ones arent even good - green items that are shit and the fact that 70% of my drops are staffs are lame 2hd swords.

People say if you dont like a game then dont play it - so im putting that saying to use!

khorum

Murder Apologist
I play the game as a hobby but I get the gripe. My wd reports 950ish hours, about 200 of which is post ros and I'm still short hexing pants and a solid witching hour. Otherwise I'd really be a dipshit to complain about my luck.

I had a feeling getting rid of the ah and trading as a dimension of progression was gonna turn out to be especially frustrating for folks who aren't as extensively invested in the game though. The alternative to pay-to-win was is and will always be poopsock-to-win...and so here we are.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
In my opinion, the primary drawback is exact knowledge of stats and their relation to increases in ____ value. This game, and others that allow this (most every MMO nowadays) just boils down to a mathematical formula to decide which gear is best, and if you're not getting that, you're not having fun. I think some of the tech advances (and/or design advances) we've made in certain genres has severely hampered the overall fun value of the games.

Off the top of my head, both Diablo 2 and Everquest (early) were much more fun than their counterpartsfor mewhen it came to gear acquisition and enjoyment of that whole aspect. It's MUCH more entertaining to be able to just try shit out because it looks cool, or is fun to play that style, or whatever, when things are a lot more nebulous and all you have is a general idea of what is good. In D3, if it drops your DPS by 3%, odds are you aren't going to equip it, even if it looks cooler, or allows you to cast a different spell for some more varied fun, because our brains are like "No, but wait, this is worse, the game says so right there."

That's my take at least. The engine is great, and it feels fun to play, but the item grind is absolute shit, and I think this is a huge culprit personally.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I would rather they atleast limit trading to being in the same clan atleast - the way it is now is kind of ass.

Trollicious_sl

shitlord
allow you to set your own stats when you level up (with no respecs)
break the skills and runes into trees and allow you to specialize and add synergies with skill points (with no respecs)
decrease paragon xp per level requirements somewhat and have it on a per character basis instead of per account
bring back trading and trade chat channels that you can opt in or out of

game is fixed

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
In my opinion, the primary drawback is exact knowledge of stats and their relation to increases in ____ value. This game, and others that allow this (most every MMO nowadays) just boils down to a mathematical formula to decide which gear is best, and if you're not getting that, you're not having fun. I think some of the tech advances (and/or design advances) we've made in certain genres has severely hampered the overall fun value of the games.
While I somewhat agree with what you are saying, I don't necessarily think that's the cause here. Some of the sets do cool things, that let you do cool things. The WD set that makes your Fetish Army permanent, to me that's a bad ass effect. I want to run around with a ton of fetishes, because that's amazing. The fact that I'll likely never be able to do it no matter how much I play, that keeps me from putting in much more time.

It's not that I have bad gear, it's just there is so much better and cooler gear that I never see

Ipet - Community - Diablo III

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Might be useful solo if you like RoV, but not nearly as useful in a group setting because only last hits count as kills to reduce cd.

Yeah, they pretty much do, if I have targets all around me grenades go in all directions to each mob landing very specifically right underneath mobs, it is not just randomly spraying grenades, if I have one mob near me all grenades fly directly to that one mob.
No. You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

'Homing' would mean they actually change course mid flight to seek a target, which strafe does not do with grenades. Rockets (for example) are homing. Strafe certainly doesn't miss often, as it fires grenades with more velocity if the target is farther, so something would have to be moving fast and in an evasive manner to be missed.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Yeah, I wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy so I double checked when I got home and shit is definitely homing and this thing can and will home onto targets like 30 yards away as soon as you're in range and it'll home onto destructibles when not enough mobs are around so it really makes me fly around the map w/ the warzechian bracers. Its kinda of the like the grenade rapid fire rune, except you can move while casting it and it randomly homes onto targets near you. This skill is so much fun I'm thinking about swapping to it permanently.

Come to think of it I have a nat's xbow and helm and rorg, I suppose I could make a second gearset for strafe.
Rapid fire (bombardment) is quite different in practice (I ran with both skills for various purposes for the greater part of a year). The grenades don't lock onto targets like they do with strafe, they don't bounce, and you can fire OVER intermediate obstacles using rapid fire (bombardment). Going up stairs or ramps can be a problem for strafe grenades, but for rapid fire it is no problem. Strafe grenades are fun, but unfortunately the damage done is too low to be feasible for fast killing at various torment levels. It totally fails when you run into elites on torment, forcing you to have some other damage dealer, which means your +skill gear is not going to be effective for one skill or the other.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
So I got the Aughild's Authority plans tonight... made the chest:

11% life
589 armor
+10% Condemn Damage
2 secondary affixes not worth noting
1 socket.

wow.

At least I got an Andariel's Visage and rolled 20% holy on it within a couple of enchants. RNG also flipped from the night before... another 3-4 hours session... I got ~7 legendaries and 2 plans and friend who got 13 the night before got 2.

Foote still evades me, but at +50% holy damage and +25% blessed shield damage stuff just kinda melts and I'm having fun farming with friends.

My Crusader:Perin - Community - Diablo III. Got a long ways to go, but still find him fun.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
DH is better off with Pride's Fall (act 3 cache helm), Cindercoat (or Cloak of Garwulf) and Reaper's Wrap (at least if you want to use Cluster Arrow to its full potential) than Aughild's. Aughild's can be a stopgap while you are farming those things though.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
allow you to set your own stats when you level up (with no respecs)
break the skills and runes into trees and allow you to specialize and add synergies with skill points (with no respecs)
decrease paragon xp per level requirements somewhat and have it on a per character basis instead of per account
bring back trading and trade chat channels that you can opt in or out of

game is fixed
You can fuck right back off to D2 with commentary like that. There's multiple reasons why we're playing D3, and enjoying it (for the most part). None of those reasons are because we want to play D2.

axeman_sl

shitlord
I've been wondering, since DHs don't really find melee weapons and there are far fewer ranged weapons, isn't it a lot easier to gear up than other classes? On my barb, probably half of my legendary drops are garbage weapons while my DH finds mostly armor and then the occasional ranged weapon which, with the much smaller pool, has a greater chance of being what I want. I don't feel like I find less legendary on the DH, just less trash weapons.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
wtf did i just read
Essentially what I detailed a couple pages back. If I can do no builder with a 2H, why would I need a foote? It's just a dps downgrade and locks another slot for a build that already locks shield. My wrath is just fine using Provoke, which you should have anyway because it's good dps and procs Rally really well, and Reaper Wraps. Only time I'm out of wrath is towards the end of a rift boss. And I feel the extra dps you gain from using a 2H probably equals out the time you'd spend tossing free 1H shields, and more than makes up for it throughout the whole rift.

This way, you can equip any 2H you want. I'm hoping to get a Mortal Drama or Burst of Wrath eventually.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm using a Messerschmidt's or whatever you spell it as Reaver, around 2800DPS - so it's not too bad. I just think Foote would be fun to play with. As it stands now I am basically destroying everything without it, so definitely not needing it. I think if I did found it, I would probably use it at least for trash killing. Throwing a couple shields and watching them ping pong everywhere is hilarious.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
While I somewhat agree with what you are saying, I don't necessarily think that's the cause here. Some of the sets do cool things, that let you do cool things. The WD set that makes your Fetish Army permanent, to me that's a bad ass effect. I want to run around with a ton of fetishes, because that's amazing. The fact that I'll likely never be able to do it no matter how much I play, that keeps me from putting in much more time.

It's not that I have bad gear, it's just there is so much better and cooler gear that I never see

Ipet - Community - Diablo III
This is my exact issue. I want the Zuni set, but I have no way to actually work toward it. I've yet to see a set drop since RoS was released, let alone a piece of Zuni. It's not that the carrot isn't good enough, it's that I make zero progress toward it when playing.