Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
Title should be "Clown of the Day Discussing RNG" what a fucking pain and joke it was to read through that.
It may be a pain for educated people, but hopefully the mouth-breathers will be able to read it and comprehend it. But, the assumptions made on his part is stupid. He makes the right points, but in the wrong logic flow.

What the fuck... Talk about some tin foil hat shit. Ok I am reading this correctly? Let's say I want a blade of prophecy which happens to be a level 50 item. I would either have to join a level 53 game or have a friend/secondary account with a level 53 character to greater my chances of getting one? I don't buy it and I can't imagine Blizz would code it like that. How was it done in D2?
Basically the guy is trying to say that if you're hunting for XXX item, and that item isn't a torment only, and isn't lvl 60+. You can have a low level create a game that allows only items up to that to drop. Once the game is created, kill everything to try and get XXX item to drop. Once the item drops at its lower level, you should be able to go to Kadala and gamble the said item. In D2 the way an item rolled was completely different. Legs had only certain stats, and a range on those. There wasn't this bullshit of getting a usable roll. It was either usable or trashed in D2. Rares were the items to get. Certain item mods were only available to item levels above xxx, which is why everyone wanted Baal items for the high ilvl so they could get the good mods.

But the problems exist farther than that. In D2 for a barb, the best sword was an eCCBoIndestructable. But all I needed to do was get one magic Ethereal Colossus Blade, then reroll it a hundred of couple times. In D3 I have to hope for the item to drop perfect to begin with. Zealot's used an Ethereal Phase Blade, but if you remember right, Phase Blades couldn't be Ethereal so you had to upgrade an ethereal Dimensional blade to a phase blade. Basically in D2 you knew which legs you needed, and knew that the stats were there before you id'd it. Now in D3 you get a leg, know which leg it is, but have no clue if it'll even be usable. But the trading economy is what made it possible in D2 to ever get a perfect item.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Any leaked or known patch notes for today? Or is there any patch at all today? That wouldn't surprise me. 8 hours of down time, and no patch. haha

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
Any leaked or known patch notes for today? Or is there any patch at all today? That wouldn't surprise me. 8 hours of down time, and no patch. haha
Would have been datamined by now, and I didn't see anything. I'd give it a very low chance of being a patch today, likely just maintenance. The servers clearly could use it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You talk in such absolutes, have you actually played with a Foote or are you just making assumptions? Sir Funk is spot on about the play style.
Yes, I'm making assumptions because I don't have a foote. But I'm not sure what you mean by "talking in absolutes". Does it even matter? If I have barely any wrath problems, how does a foote help me? It can't statistically help my dps. And it's not like I'm holding back on tossing shields to conserve wrath. Rift bosses being the exception, but your bowmen out dps you then.

I've seen videos of people doing T5/T6 with foote and from a kill speed perspective, they shouldn't be. They get the same result Funk got when he switched it in. Running out of resource is supposed to be one of the checks against killing at a certain difficulty and with that gone, people think that's their farm level. Except now you're killing at an unacceptable pace for farming.

Some perspective: my benchmark for farming is if a Judgement + Bombardment one shots most elite packs, that's a good kill speed.

Dis

Confirmed Male
Wow, very interesting read. The rush is now on for folks to create different level toons and advertise to join their games for decreased loot table to gamble with.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I am only going to share some of the information I know because I'd rather not let every secret out of the bag.
Bullshit alert!

If Blizzard is really generating some restricted loot table per character per game, that's just really dumb. Unnecessary complication achieves what?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Are transmogs a per character or per account basis? Because I swear I've gotten a bunch of transmogs via gambling for Kadala.

Does this guy have any proof that any of what he says is true other than conjecture based upon his own small sample size? Having a pre-determined loot table at the start of each game doesn't sound like a fantastic implementation.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Ya i'm not proving or disproving this guy, but he's using fake pics to prove his claims, and that shit is fishy as fuck. Bad pixels are bad.

k04yug.png

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
The other tinfoil RNG conspiracy I hear of is the following:

1) You get a "rested" Magic Find % for being AFK or logged out, up to a certain hard cap
2) Magic Find % increases as you kill white mobs, elites, loot chests, etc to separate cap (just as in Rifts, white mobs contribute less than elites do)
3) The higher the Torment level, the faster this Magic Find % raises.

This still allows for RNG to be RNG--you can still get multiple drops right after each other, but it also explains why you tend to find legendaries relatively quickly after being away for a period of time. It might also explain why you see people like this TealDawn guy have 5 level 70s of the same class. The idea being that you cycle between them when you get legendaries to let the "Resting" timer go up on the alts.

It's fun to read all these theories. I don't care much because I'm just gon' grind either way, but maybe I'll create new games periodically just for fun instead of grinding rifts ad nauseum.

Tenks

The fact of the matter is every single ARPG made by competent developers (you can argue Blizzard's design being competent or not but their developers seem fantastic) will have scripts to simulate a character killing millions of elites they can run and get results in less than a minute. If there was some weirdness/bug/magic in their RNG formula it would be exercised by these tests. I'm sure they've run these tests over and over and over and are satisfied with how the algorithms are working.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
The two moonlight wards on the middle row have a row or two of pixels on top of them that is not on the bottom two. The bottom part of the center line in the inventory does not line up with the top part.

Dis

Confirmed Male
Well I need some Tasker and Theo's in the worst way for both my DH and my WD. May have to try and experiment

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Guy is nuts anyway- this is his profile:Teal - Community - Diablo III

Thinking about it - I don't think the guy is actually lying, sure one screenshot was pretty fishy, but if the method relies on Kadala, it is netirely possible they haven't run the test when multiple characters with different levels went through the game, more so if it requires actually playing for a bit.

Tenks

Man who spends every waking hour playing Diablo3 finds insane pattern recognition in his RNG. That basically checks out. I haven't read any of these RNG theories that actual take the "Why would a designer and developer ever implement it this way?" angle to their outlandish thoughts.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Guy is nuts anyway- this is his profile:Teal - Community - Diablo III

Thinking about it - I don't think the guy is actually lying, sure one screenshot was pretty fishy, but if the method relies on Kadala, it is netirely possible they haven't run the test when multiple characters with different levels went through the game, more so if it requires actually playing for a bit.
dafuq...

This guy plays too much Diablo