Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
man, RoRG is exactly the anti-problem to the loot issue (as I see it). I know where I can get it, so it's just a matter of time doing the process to getting it. Why can't more legendaries/set items be like that? I don't mean "run split bounties in act 1 for fucking ever", but "if you REALLY want X, you can do this process to try for a better chance at it".

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Burnout!!!

Seriously, how long to people expect to gear up a character? Let's say I want BIS in all my slots. Not top rolls for each affix, but enough to make perma akkarat functional. How long should that take me?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Burnout!!!

Seriously, how long to people expect to gear up a character? Let's say I want BIS in all my slots. Not top rolls for each affix, but enough to make perma akkarat functional. How long should that take me?
I have no idea. How long should I farm to get 4 pieces (not even best affixes, but just 4 distinctly different pieces) of Zunimassa?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Right, and that's the problem. You know it won't take that long, but it feels like it can. That's essentially, I hope, what RNG complaints are about. Annoying? Yes. Understandable? Definitely.

I think a well-designed RNG game does as good as job as possible at hiding the RNG. For Blizzard, that fell apart sometime after yellows.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
man, RoRG is exactly the anti-problem to the loot issue (as I see it). I know where I can get it, so it's just a matter of time doing the process to getting it. Why can't more legendaries/set items be like that? I don't mean "run split bounties in act 1 for fucking ever", but "if you REALLY want X, you can do this process to try for a better chance at it".
This is exactly what the game needs. I've basically given up playing, since even though my gear is fairly decent thanks to a lot of luck early on, what I really want is a +2 mirrorball, and having 100+ legendaries drop, but not the one I want, including gambling every shard on sources, just frustrated me to the point of not bothering anymore. Let me target the item I want, then at least I can feel like I'm making progress working towards my goal.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
1) Make higher level torment rifts drop an appropriate number of blood shards
2) Allow Kadala to award torment legendaries
3) Put effects on crafted legendaries so they're worthwhile
4) Eliminate "retard" drops like +1 mirrorballs since we can't reroll them

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I think there should be some amazing torment-6 only legendaries. And as long as a rift of the appropriate level was opened (and completed) in a game, Kadala should be able to award those legendaries.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wizards almost level 70, will get there tonight. Can't wait to start gambling shards for a Mirrorball. Yaaaaa

Seems that's the one item everyone wants. Frozen Orb / MM ? or do I match MM with some fire skills?

Ok, derp derp. +2 mirrorball, and then go MM with Conflag rune + passive. Then I suppose it's up to the wizard at that point what else they want.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Wizards almost level 70, will get there tonight. Can't wait to start gambling shards for a Mirrorball. Yaaaaa

Seems that's the one item everyone wants. Frozen Orb / MM ? or do I match MM with some fire skills?
MM with fire all the way

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think there should be some amazing torment-6 only legendaries. And as long as a rift of the appropriate level was opened (and completed) in a game, Kadala should be able to award those legendaries.
Not with how they are fucking up the ability for people to get INTO T6.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I'm not sure T6 ONLY legendaries are a good idea. Increase the chance even further for higher torment, sure that would be nice, but making T6 the only option for the "best" gear is bad. Does anyone remember classic inferno mode? Were you one of the early people who did retarded shit like corpse run to aspects in act 4 to farm blue weapons just because that was where the best came from? I did, and thought it was retarded. I don't want to feel like I'm forced into T6 just for the best gear, since even though I could struggle through it miserably, it wouldn't be fun doing so.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
This is exactly what the game needs. I've basically given up playing, since even though my gear is fairly decent thanks to a lot of luck early on, what I really want is a +2 mirrorball, and having 100+ legendaries drop, but not the one I want, including gambling every shard on sources, just frustrated me to the point of not bothering anymore. Let me target the item I want, then at least I can feel like I'm making progress working towards my goal.
My friend and I had this conversation a few days ago. I know if people get best gear possible they may get bored and stop playing while other still play. It's not an MMO where you pay a monthly subscription or a item shop model like PoE where they need you to continuously play their game. So when you purchase their game they already made their money off you. Why not make it easier for us to get the legendaries we want/need?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No, it's not an MMO, but why are people so against tiered gearing? At least that's what it sounds like.

People seem ok making the logical jump from rares, to enchanted rares, to legendaries, to enchanted legendaries.

That part is fine, but because the color is all the same, there can't be good / better / worse legendaries? There already is. And I suppose the game isn't designed around this model at all, so that's probably why it doesn't work.

But for me, I'm ok slumming it in lower Torments, biding my time, making upgrades, to get to the point I can get to T6. The whole idea that you would try and force your way into T6 early, to get the best gear, is silly to me. Put your due time in and get your damn gear in lower torments first. Filthy fucking casuals.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Guys, remember WoW ? because the loot system seems to remind me of vanilla, I wonder when they are going to introduce badges of justice ...

dak

Bronze Knight of the Realm
~100 hours in game, about eight hours a piece.

Big problem with this game is as soon as you hit 70, almost every legendary is clearly either "utter shit", "this is going to be worn forever", or "I'm going to need to farm forever and/or reroll all my existing gear at exorbitant cost to get the rest of my equipment to make this build work as good as my current one"

Personally I'd like it if they made attributes have the potential to roll even crappier than they do currently, but make legendary items drop much more often. Concurrently, change enchanting to allow you to reroll multiple attributes on the same item but require a somewhat rare mat that isn't based on breaking apart legendary items. Make that mat drop about the rate that legendarily currently drop, and of course cap maximum gold cost on reroll. I'd rather deal with having a [100-1000] range on enchanting rerolls for 2-3 attribute on a single item than go months one piece short of a set piece bonus due to RNG.

That way you get the diversity playing different potential builds regularly to reduce the grind without removing the random/gambling aspect and possibility of significantly improving your character once you get all of the desired items for a certain build. I'd love to try a different elemental spec, but there is no way I'm going to screw up my current 20% elemental rolled SoJ and other 20% elemental gear since I probably won't see another one for months if ever. Especially since it probably won't be possible to ever go back since the way gold cost scales on enchanting. If I had 5-6 mediocre SoJ sitting in the bank though, and could spend my time farming mats to reroll one into being decent for whatever spec I want I surely would.

Gecko_sl

shitlord

Ok, derp derp. +2 mirrorball, and then go MM with Conflag rune + passive. Then I suppose it's up to the wizard at that point what else they want.
Same here. My Wizard is about to hit 69. I should be 70 today or tomorrow. I've been rocking Paralysis with lightning build mostly as it seems easier level wise for me, but I've done zero theorycrafting.

Are my < 70 legendaries pretty much worthless at 70 btw?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Are my < 70 legendaries pretty much worthless at 70 btw?
Not at all. Items with % based effects are usually fine even if they have a bit less int/stam etc. The only thing you really gain going from a lower level item to a max level item is mainstats. Things like % crit, % crit damage, or unique effects like +2 magic missles, as well as set bonuses etc are the same regardless of level. Weapons though you want max level, since their base damage is based on ilvl.