Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Juvarisx

Florida
If shit was half the way people 'want' it to be no one would be playing for the last week or so because everyone would be done gearing. We already have people missing only 1 item basically quitting until major patch changes.
I've heard that stawman arguement before, and here is where it fails. Lets say using Wand of Woh was actually farmable as much as you can farm an item in this game anyways. I get one I am happy I get to play a fucking build (since its a item that is required to use an entire skill line for wizards), but it rolls whatever like 2kdps, int, no socket and whatever shit stat. So i Have to roll a socket onto it (fine) it drops it to 1900 dps. Well guess fucking what I would still use the god damn thing. But here is the kicker, I would actively try to get an upgrade to it.

Right now it is going to work like this. Grind your ass off for 600ish hours to on average get one. It rolls like shit, well fuck you game cause getting an upgrade will never happen. I am not saying I want to gear out my char to the point where I dont have to play after 2 week's - 1 month. I am saying that hey maybe I get a shitty WoW, but hey its not terribly common but its no so rare you want to kill yourself I'll keep playing for the mystical perfect one with 2.5k dps and shit.

And yes I am just using that one item as an example I know there are many others.

Id rather be geared looking for perfect rolls and upgrades rather then not being able to get an upgrade for 2ish weeks when my gear isn't really anything to brag about as it is.

Xevy

Log Wizard
You think that, but once you get the game-changer items, the 'perfecct roll' doesn't fucking matter. If you're melting stuff, you're melting stuff. I basically only need a Shard of Hate. If I get one with 600 dex and 1980 dps, it's going to still be an upgrade. If I get one with 2300dps and 750 dex it's going to be the same upgrade. The nature of these items are not in the rolls, but in the effects.

Juvarisx

Florida
I don't think you appreciate how large of an upgrade going from a 1900 to 2300 dps weapon is. Anyways fine, if you think that the way they are doing it without trading is acceptable IDK what to tell you. Considering there is 28 different classes of legendary just for wizard itself assuming they are weighted equally which ofcourse they are not (looking at you two hand swords) you are looking at 4pct chance to get a legendary on t6, then 3ish percent chance for it to be the right slot then 2 pct chance for that to be a weapon you want then like 10pct pct chance of that weapon being decent? Oh dont forget smart loot where 10-15% of the time you get an item you can't fucking use on the character you are playing on

I think I have a better chance of winning the lottery. But please tell us all how having shit like that makes people want to play the game. This is EXACTLY why Blizzard never publicly released the numbers, its fucking discouraging. At least in vanilla I could sell the garbage I got now I can't do jack shit with it.

The best part is wait till they throw in ladder only legendaries without removing any of the absolutly useless ones they have now. Yes guys lets make the pool even more atrocious.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
2.0 is definitely an improvement but you can still see that the game was originally based on having an AH. You could essentially trade your 3rd Thunderfury for that Arcane SOJ you really need but never find because statistics. Now it's build around what you find, which works well enough to get you into T1-3 and then it's poopsock or blind luck through the wall. Even items that aren't too bad to get statistically, you could go for months without seeing or have them roll so bad they aren't upgrades. Seeing the tables like that and the sheer number of items, it's still clear it was based on a lot of people interacting and trading, smoothing out the variances in drops.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
They need to make set items drop more the higher torment you go, and start upping the chance to get certain legendaries off certain bosses or zones.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You fucking serious ?
Yep. Don't mistake this as an endorsement for the AH. Their implementation of it, at least.

What was my option for endgame farming before? Ridiculously expensive item off the AH or incredibly long and indeterminate farm period in game. Only difference now is that the former has been eliminated with no improvement on the latter. How is what we currently have better?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Well, the limited loot table still seems to be in play. The diabloinc post seems to think it's been verified that you get 5-7(max?) per slot.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Yep. Don't mistake this as an endorsement for the AH. Their implementation of it, at least.

What was my option for endgame farming before? Ridiculously expensive item off the AH or incredibly long and indeterminate farm period in game. Only difference now is that the former has been eliminated with no improvement on the latter. How is what we currently have better?
Well, yeah if you put it that way, however if they somehow made the carrot obtainable, it would break the game. Paragon isn't a good enough reason to keep playing. Right now the game is boatloads of fun for anyone who spent less than ~200 hours playing since RoS launch. I'd say and any fix for the hardcore crowd should better not fuck with that. More endgame content with different areas having loot bias would be a decent solution I think, but I doubt they will introduce that.

penalty_sl

shitlord
Let is craft any items but make mats incredibly rare.

I don't care if I spend 200 hours farming mats to make a WoW, at least I know I'll get it. And I'll prolly do it till I get a roll I'm happy with.

I'll spend the same amount of time playing but this at least removes the fucking insanity of it all.

Hake_sl

shitlord
The fun comes from adapting to the loot you get, if you want bosses with loot tables i think it's the wrong game
tongue.png

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Not getting loot was fine until the Paragon XP curve just started to get retarded.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I believe that list through their justification alone of why Blackthorne's drops non-stop for everyone.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Started doing RIF when I have just a little bit of time to play, kinda cool system and neat running into random <Rerolled> folks through it.