Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I've heard that stawman arguement before, and here is where it fails. Lets say using Wand of Woh was actually farmable as much as you can farm an item in this game anyways. I get one I am happy I get to play a fucking build (since its a item that is required to use an entire skill line for wizards)
The strawman argument here is that the wand is required to use the skill.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did I read that list right when it said the Unity Ring was more rare than a SoJ? I have never gotten an SoJ but I have looted 3 Unity Rings. I guess I know why I have never gotten an SoJ now.

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
Did I read that list right when it said the Unity Ring was more rare than a SoJ? I have never gotten an SoJ but I have looted 3 Unity Rings. I guess I know why I have never gotten an SoJ now.
Yep.

I used up a bunch of luck on a no-primary stat/no-socket Rimeheart apparently. 0.92%

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This makes me wonder then if the whole " The Unity Ring works with the Followers" is indeed intentional and will never be fixed due to the rarity of the ring.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
This makes me wonder then if the whole " The Unity Ring works with the Followers" is indeed intentional and will never be fixed due to the rarity of the ring.
think its the fact that you need 2, on top of the relic but in time maybe they will nerf it because eventually everyone will have it, I finished up mine yesterday, but then again its only viable in solo games.

well how else would it work if it didn't work with your follower?

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
Right now, the follower cannot die tokens mean the follower doesn't take any damage at all. So you give 50% of your damage to the follower (who is not affected), but you don't receive any from it being hit/standing in bad stuff. They could conceivably fix the token to allow damage the follower takes to transfer back to you.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Right now, the follower cannot die tokens mean the follower doesn't take any damage at all. So you give 50% of your damage to the follower (who is not affected), but you don't receive any from it being hit/standing in bad stuff. They could conceivably fix the token to allow damage the follower takes to transfer back to you.
Yes, and then the Unity Ring ceases to have purpose and thus not justify it's rarity.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Every single time I've heard the lines "Bring back player trading" and "We need the AH back" all I hear is "Please let us bot on a second/third account, and buy gold from 3rd party websites."

Trading would do nothing to increase the overall chances to get loot. It'd still need to drop for someone, and the only way to increase that number is to bring more players in. The only way to bring more players in to farm loot is to bot, or have an asian army bot for you if you want to see a decent amount of the rarer items enter the system for you to AH. .. oh, and just want currency are you going to use to buy those items? real life cash from 3rd party options, or with in-game gold for hundreds of billions?

Please, refrain from stating that you'd just need to hit that one lucky item to sell for trillions so you can buy that item for trillions, or you know, fork out some cash on the black market.

There NEEDS to be rare items, and while I agree that knowing there's RNG piled on RNG + a little more RNG making it extremely unlikely, makes it feel like it's a little more like winning the lottery and thus why bother? KNOWING what the percentage chance is, doesn't change anything. We all knew that items like Unity, T&T, set gear was rarer that other gear... and we still played because it was fun, and that chance to get the gear to play the build we saw on youtube and thought, shit, I wanna be that guy.

We already have target farming via gambling, sure, it's not as narrow as some would like, but it IS in the game. If Unity had a higher chance to drop from Azmodan, then EVERYONE would be killing Azmodan over, and over, and over again and wouldn't even bother to touch a Rift.

I like the fact that I can kill anything, anywhere and have the same chance to drop a Unity.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Every single time I've heard the lines "Bring back player trading" and "We need the AH back" all I hear is "Please let us bot on a second/third account".
I don't get this, theres benefits now to running multiple bots with no trading.

but yeah I agree just adding trading isn't going to magically fix the drop rate issues on certain items.

people with a WoW would either want an insane amount of "good legos" or that other really rare specific lego so its certainly not a fix.

Needless

Toe Sucker
screw trading. Implement the "spec specific" loot that WoW has with a few alterations.

Allow which class you want to get legendary drops for through a menu item.
Allow an "Any/All" class option that has 2x the drop rates compared to a specific class selection.

Proceed to rain in the fun.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I don't get this, theres benefits now to running multiple bots with no trading.
Sure, but it puts that person far more at risk of copping a ban (not to mention the purchase of several copies of the game), discouraging the average joe from doing it. Remember that a fair chunk of time would STILL be required to get the Wand of Woh.

When that risk, expense and time can be mitigated by purchasing that coverted item direct from that AH... or for the slightly more adventurous player from a 3rd party?

Also, there's very little reason to steal your account. Besides using it to bot. If trading comes back in, we'd see massive waves of account theft again.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
If Unity had a higher chance to drop from Azmodan, then EVERYONE would be killing Azmodan over, and over, and over again and wouldn't even bother to touch a Rift.
That's a fair point, although we already have to farm A1 bounties for one ring, so why not on a boss. Not that I'm a fan of that kind of game play and at least you get the tokens and xp/gold from the bounties. They need to tie it to rifts and progression. If you think of the items as tiered, make T4+ give you only the more sought after items to draw from. A pool of SOJ and Unity, Cindercoats, Thunderfuries, Shards of hate etc. 4-6 having progressively higher drop rate and blood shard tokens that reflect that rarity pool for Kadala. That, and make Kadala a bit more refined in terms of what you're looking for.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
screw trading. Implement the "spec specific" loot that WoW has with a few alterations.

Allow which class you want to get legendary drops for through a menu item.
Allow an "Any/All" class option that has 2x the drop rates compared to a specific class selection.

Proceed to rain in the fun.
I like this.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Sure, but it puts that person far more at risk of copping a ban (not to mention the purchase of several copies of the game), discouraging the average joe from doing it. Remember that a fair chunk of time would STILL be required to get the Wand of Woh.

When that risk, expense and time can be mitigated by purchasing that coverted item direct from that AH... or for the slightly more adventurous player from a 3rd party?

Also, there's very little reason to steal your account. Besides using it to bot. If trading comes back in, we'd see massive waves of account theft again.
right but those risks don't go away once trading is allowed, if the AH is put back in then the person could decide to not bot at all and just buy whatever they wanted with real money, or buy on black market for $$ if no AH is in but trading is.

I could see that being an issue with the whole account jacking once trading is put back in.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Guildmate just got 9 different types of item in the same game.

THE NERDZ: THEY KNOW NOTHING

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
That's a fair point, although we already have to farm A1 bounties for one ring, so why not on a boss.
It's fairly simple to overlook one tiny detail about the RoRG and targeted farming. That ring ONLY drops from that Act 1 cache. If the RoRG could drop from any mob in the game, we'd be farming Rifts (because Rifts have a higher chance to drop items) to get the ring, not caches.

Because the ring only drops from one source, and one source only, we can only target farm for it. Which is why it's split run on normal all day, everyday.

When they change the drop chances in caches to be difficulty based, we'll see alot more people running higher diff. bounties, but not by a lot, because they won't chance the base chance to drop from normal. It'll still be faster to split run normal and get a bag every 5 minutes as opposed to 10-15. Now, if you can split run a T1 in 5mins with the upcoming changes, you'd do that instead.

They'd need to completely rewrite the drop system to go targeted and spread ALL legendary drops to the uniques throughout the game. This would completely invalidate Rifts. Plus, you'd need to nerf the drop rate on legendaries because targeted farming leads to quicker item generation.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Every single time I've heard the lines "Bring back player trading" and "We need the AH back" all I hear is "Please let us bot on a second/third account, and buy gold from 3rd party websites."

Trading would do nothing to increase the overall chances to get loot. It'd still need to drop for someone, and the only way to increase that number is to bring more players in. The only way to bring more players in to farm loot is to bot, or have an asian army bot for you if you want to see a decent amount of the rarer items enter the system for you to AH. .. oh, and just want currency are you going to use to buy those items? real life cash from 3rd party options, or with in-game gold for hundreds of billions?

Please, refrain from stating that you'd just need to hit that one lucky item to sell for trillions so you can buy that item for trillions, or you know, fork out some cash on the black market.

There NEEDS to be rare items, and while I agree that knowing there's RNG piled on RNG + a little more RNG making it extremely unlikely, makes it feel like it's a little more like winning the lottery and thus why bother? KNOWING what the percentage chance is, doesn't change anything. We all knew that items like Unity, T&T, set gear was rarer that other gear... and we still played because it was fun, and that chance to get the gear to play the build we saw on youtube and thought, shit, I wanna be that guy.

We already have target farming via gambling, sure, it's not as narrow as some would like, but it IS in the game. If Unity had a higher chance to drop from Azmodan, then EVERYONE would be killing Azmodan over, and over, and over again and wouldn't even bother to touch a Rift.

I like the fact that I can kill anything, anywhere and have the same chance to drop a Unity.
I'll rebut a few of your points even though your overall claim is off(for a reason I didn't specify earlier). Trading will definitely increase your overall chance to get loot. Those collection of decently rolled crusader shields I have sitting in my stash? Someone might want them. I don't. Oh, hey, let's trade. For now, they're potential forgotten souls if I ever get that desperate. Seems like a wasted opportunity to me. See that really nice Triumvirate on my wizard? Dropped for my crusader. Seems like a wasted opportunity to me.

There definitely needs to be rare items. Here's the problem, they've locked "content" behind those really rare items where that wasn't the case before. I would like to experience the game with 6-piece Akkhan and 56% CDR. Probably not going to happen because fuck putting in that much farming time. I would like to experience leapquakes and 4 piece IK, maybe at the same time, but same problem. There's a whole vast array of "oh, that's cool" hidden behind draconian drop percentages. I honestly don't remember that being the case before 2.0. I tried so many different endgame builds with the AH, I probably lost half my gold to the 15% transaction fee. But it was worth it, that let me experience the game. It let me decide that, for my playstyle, CM wizards were button mashers, WW barbs were too frantic, and bell dropping monks were just right. I'm really disappointed that I got frustrated with farming before I even sniffed what was the endgame build for a class and ability(blessed shield) that I thought was awesome.