Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Haven't played in a few weeks after the boredom of not being able to find upgrades kicked in (you can only gamble so many thousands of blood shards for a shot at ToT gloves before you give up) but I'm wondering if they've made any mentions as to when they'll patch the game? I'd still like to play but I feel like there's some issues that needs to be resolved before I come back, but I haven't seen any news in a while that isn't some shitty build
When? No. There's no timetable even for 2.0.5.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I still find the game fun as hell and I'm one of those guys hunting very specific set items to complete my build. RIF has also breathed new life into the game for me so I don't have to run Act4 bounties for 2 hours until I can do a few hours of rifts.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have to try RIF. I joined the community but I was too late to get into the few groups I tried for. I'll open one and invite people next time. Which will be nice considering my Barbarian does shit for single target and bosses take forever to kill.

Speaking of Barbs. Any tips for Fury generation? I guess I should just put a builder back in, but it seems so underwhelming.

Dashal - Community - Diablo III

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Big shout out to Nadiar and Booze for helping me realize I even had a good item! (Didn't know WoW wand was so good)

Wow, it even came with a socket and max cdr roll, congrats on jumping 2-3 tiers in torment difficulty.

Tenks

I have to try RIF. I joined the community but I was too late to get into the few groups I tried for. I'll open one and invite people next time. Which will be nice considering my Barbarian does shit for single target and bosses take forever to kill.

Speaking of Barbs. Any tips for Fury generation? I guess I should just put a builder back in, but it seems so underwhelming.

Dashal - Community - Diablo III
Your build and gear lacks cohesion. You aren't specced for a single damage type and that is really limiting how much damage you can output. As a barb (I assume for most all classes) you want to stack a single element. For us that is either Fire or Lightning. In general Fire is easier to gear against since Lightning basically requires a Shard of Hate and an Odyn Son. You should also ditch Strongarm bracers and get Reaper's Wraps. It will make your fury generation issues much better since you can leave most battles (at least elites battles) at maximum fury. Strongarms are great if you have great fury generation already but generally that only comes with if you have completed one of the Barbarian sets.

So basically (in this order):

* If you can, craft Reaper's Wraps (Fire%, STR, CC, AR or VIT)
* If you can, craft Devastator
* Gamble for Magefist
* Gamble for Cindercoat
* Gamble for Andy's
* Gamble for SOJ
* Pray for Axe of Skandis drop or any of the above or sets

Oh yeah and your build:

Frenzy w/ Maniac
HOTA w/ Smash

Leap w/ Rune of choice (if you continue to wear Luts. If you don't have Ice Climbers thats fine to wear them)
Avalanche w/ Volcano
War Cry w/ (Impunity / Invigorate / Hardened -- depends on your gear really)
Battle Cry w/ Bloodshed

Unforgiving
Rampage
Ruthless
Passive of choice (you may want Weapon Master if you main hand an axe or mace)

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks Tenks. This is a fresh 70 as of 2 day ago so not much to work with yet. I was able to craft Aughilds and that's about it. I realize i need a ton of gear but I'm trying to optimize what I have in terms of my skills. I suppose I'll just add a builder in place of foot stomp for now.

Tenks

Yeah you need to try your best to not have a builder but sometimes it is unavoidable. No sense in gimping your boss output for really no reason. Although you should try getting Battle Cry w/ Bloodshed and losing Wind Shear for clearing trash. You'll probably find the results better.

To tweak your build as it is now I'd drop WW, Earthquake and Stomp and replace with: A builder.. probably Frenzy, Battle Cry w/ Bloodshed, Threatening Shout w/ Grim Harvest once you have the Wraps made. Grim Harvest is very good about keeping your Fury up while clearing trash combined with Wraps. Suddenly a skill meant to generate 15 fury can fill up your entire fury globe.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Is there any benefit to hold off on doing Act 5 for the first time until I hit 70? My WD is 66 right now in Act 4.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
No, guaranteed legendary was only beneficial before bounties and rifts were in. Get your character to 70 ASAP and start running rifts.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Is there any benefit to hold off on doing Act 5 for the first time until I hit 70? My WD is 66 right now in Act 4.
Similar question, but is there a reason to run an Alt through the 5 acts versus just leveling via bounties? I'm leveling a Crusader Alt and he's through Act 2 and has all the companions, but lately I've just been doing bounties.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Played twice this weekend, both times less than 5 people in clan had open games, down from 3 pages of people. Either everyone is grouping now instead of playing solo or a lot less are playing. I was pretty bored but I suspect that had a lot to do with playing solo as opposed to being grouped.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Big shout out to Nadiar and Booze for helping me realize I even had a good item! (Didn't know WoW wand was so good)

So Jelly!

Man, that wand is so OP. Right now my Wiz has 1.31M paper damage and 8.8m toughness. I can do T4 but any rift with Act 4 mobs and my Wizard is burnt toast. The other day I'm watching Twitch and see a Wiz with 1.2m paper damage and like 5m toughness doing T6 easily, all because of that wand. It's really frustrating not being able to move out of T3 based soley on the fact I don't have a specific item.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Played twice this weekend, both times less than 5 people in clan had open games, down from 3 pages of people. Either everyone is grouping now instead of playing solo or a lot less are playing. I was pretty bored but I suspect that had a lot to do with playing solo as opposed to being grouped.
I think most of us just have quick join disabled now from doing Rift it Forward or other reasons. But I'm sure there has been a decrease in people playing. I barely have the desire to log in and grind anymore even though I do still have fun.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
As the RIF guidelines say to kill the quick-join, my guess is most of us are abusing that. Although I don't understand why you need to not have quickjoin on.
I know I've been doing that. Doing it as a runner is sort of fun, though my first 4 RIF joins got me 2 legendaries, so I'm a bit jaded.

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
I believe people cannot right click and "request to join party" if you have quick join on. So turning it off makes announcing availability smoother.