Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone else feel like the boss mobs in the hellfire ami/ring realms should drop more than 4 fucking yellows on t6??
No? Those bosses are for organs. You want yellows, do regular rifts, open chest, destroy destructables, etc. Farming for yellows/blue/whites can be kinda boring though, but that's a different matter. As is whether they actually drop enough in correlation to other items that might use them.

EDIT: reading Malakriss' response, I might have misunderstood your post. Please clarify.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Do you mean crafting mats or do you think ubers should be slot machines that pay out every time? A GR30 character can breeze through them and a full group clear will get a couple legs per amulet run, but they shouldn't be guaranteed, repeatable, static reward pinatas.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Do you mean crafting mats or do you think ubers should be slot machines that pay out every time? A GR30 character can breeze through them and a full group clear will get a couple legs per amulet run, but they shouldn't be guaranteed, repeatable, static reward pinatas.
I miss pindle runs...

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Phalanx horses are so rape. Much more fun to play than shotgun
Not saying much! Shotgun is probably the worst T6 Akkhan spec. I find ponies an improvement, but it still suffers from similar aiming and positional problems as shotgun, just not as much. The knockback and stunlock potential is quite good though.

I'm wondering if a build that employs baleful remnant, eternal union, unrelenting phalanx and firestarter could be viable. All depends on how the bodyguard rune works in single target. Do they stick to you or the boss? And does the boss stick them?

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's probably amusing for whatever tier it works at. I'm only missing Baleful or I'd give it a shot (I've still never seen Baleful or GF flails after retarded amounts of farming on my crusader)

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Amusing? I want it to actually be competitive! The problem with firestarter is that its survivability blows. It's why all crusader's use the prophet rune and why the Roland set sucks. But if you have dozens of pets tanking for you(and probably only 4 on bosses), maybe that survivability problem goes away.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I have a Baleful and will probably do some testing today with it. Currently I'm using a Furnace.

And yes, if you fight a Waller mob with ponies, its so aggravating because they can't go through the damn wall

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Deathwing, just go Heaven's Fury - Ascendancy, and Fist of the Heavens - Divine Well, with a Eberli Charo shield! Works great! Loving it so far, and having much more fun than the shotgun build.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Deathwing, just go Heaven's Fury - Ascendancy, and Fist of the Heavens - Divine Well, with a Eberli Charo shield! Works great! Loving it so far, and having much more fun than the shotgun build.
Used FoH - Ascendancy on my non seasonal crusader for quite a while. Never got an Eberli, such a pain in the ass to gamble that shield since the pool is so damn large. I don't know if that build will work on higher torments as quickly as others. I just completed 6 pc akkhan + Condemn on my seasonal, much more fun than shotgun and probably quicker than Ascendancy.

Have you tried Blessed Hammer with that build? FotH doesn't let you run without a generator. But hammers will let you get by on Provoke and AC.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
They need to allow you choose one primary and one secondary to reroll. There's so many types of builds (like fear on hit stuff I've been playin' with) that I can't make optimal because of it :p. Also, the whole "can't get resist all on this piece because it rolled a 2ndary resist" stuff is really annoying.

Being able to reroll many secondaries for melees to -% melee/ranged damage would do a lot to help issues with melee survivability in high greaters too.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
I am not looking for a loot pinata, just a little better chance for loot. Its not like I am firing up story mode and killing the butcher over and over again. if it were as simple as travelling to a zone and killing a boss, sure give me crap loot. But in its current state the ubers just arent fuckin worth the time investment.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ubers are supposed to be just for crafting Hellfires. Greater rifts and Rifts are for loot. Bounties are for specific legendaries. Each of those farms has it's own place right now, sort of, which is nice, although a lot of the bounty legendaries need buffs and Hellfire farming still is almost not worth it

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Used FoH - Ascendancy on my non seasonal crusader for quite a while. Never got an Eberli, such a pain in the ass to gamble that shield since the pool is so damn large. I don't know if that build will work on higher torments as quickly as others. I just completed 6 pc akkhan + Condemn on my seasonal, much more fun than shotgun and probably quicker than Ascendancy.

Have you tried Blessed Hammer with that build? FotH doesn't let you run without a generator. But hammers will let you get by on Provoke and AC.
Ya, I'll admit it probably isn't as much damage as shotgun, so T6+ probably would be pretty difficult. Friends and I enjoy blasting through T4 at the moment, and once console gets 2.1 I hope to go Condemn build. Have BoP already.

Edit: I also run it the same way I do shotgun build. Wrath isn't a problem at all with 100% uptime on AC and Provoke. So FotH I'm running without a generator, since Heaven's Fury - Ascendancy doesn't cost wrath anymore.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
As a PSA it appears like there is a bug with Sand Shifter RG where if you kill him and he's really close to a wall it can cause Urisha not to spawn. It happened to me last night and it seems like a fairly long standing bug. So if you get that RG make sure you kill him in a semi open area.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
As a PSA it appears like there is a bug with Sand Shifter RG where if you kill him and he's really close to a wall it can cause Urisha not to spawn. It happened to me last night and it seems like a fairly long standing bug. So if you get that RG make sure you kill him in a semi open area.
Good to know, I had this happen to me once.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
They need to allow you choose one primary and one secondary to reroll. There's so many types of builds (like fear on hit stuff I've been playin' with) that I can't make optimal because of it :p. Also, the whole "can't get resist all on this piece because it rolled a 2ndary resist" stuff is really annoying.

Being able to reroll many secondaries for melees to -% melee/ranged damage would do a lot to help issues with melee survivability in high greaters too.
This. So much this.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I kinda love how they fixed her so that she doesn't spawn right on top of the loot pile tho.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I just started playing D3 again since the 2.1 patch last night. Dusted off my wizard and farmed a few rifts and was lucky enough to find two more pieces of firebirds, and with the pieces I had banked from pre-patch, was able to make the 6 pc with ring. With a fire spec (totally copied from the guy who was listed as first rank on leaderboard) I'm able to clear up to rift 27 or so before running out of time.

My biggest time loss is the deaths. Feels like aside from my templar's cooldown heals, I don't have a lot of sustainability against constant damage. I of course don't have a single unity ring, and also don't have the templar invulnerability relic (so he's dead for 35% of the rift anyway).

Been gambling rings trying to get something better, but not much luck yet and at 50 shards a pop, it's slow. I'm thinking maybe I should try to craft a hellfire amulet next and maybe a new belt.

My wizard:Zio - Community - Diablo III