Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Got my seasons wizard up to 6pc firebirds now with a decentish Maximus. Few of my pieces are poorly rolled, but I can now handle T6 comfortably. Grinding up gem levels though is taking some time.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
I basically got this cept for WH, will test later how far I can get, stats on gear aren't ideal though, and ive not been playing my monk so his gear isn't amazing as is.
Yeah, now your gear is there. It wasn't when I posted, and your skills were kinda off. All you really need is a FD with life per spirit spent so you can switch your mantra over to salvation and you'll be in good shape.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
So If I want to do t6 on my wizard, it's 6pc Firebird or die trying ? I cap out around GR 21/22 I got a few pieces already, but decent RoRG evaded me so far
Zaphid - Community - Diablo III
That has been my experience so far with wizard. I've tried other builds that I had the gear to support (lightning arcane torrent, ray of frost) and there's just no beating the 6p firebird bonus. It's not even close.

The fire chain on the Maximus demon is probably my highest damage against rift guardians, by the way. I'm sure that a 50% furnace would be better, but until then, Maximus is pretty hot... pun intended.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
So If I want to do t6 on my wizard, it's 6pc Firebird or die trying ? I cap out around GR 21/22 I got a few pieces already, but decent RoRG evaded me so far
Zaphid - Community - Diablo III
Yup. What the firebirds does for wizards is so incredible it makes you wonder how awful the skills have to actually be. I don't know much about the other classes, but are the rest of the classes going from complete shitbirds to absolute gods by getting a set bonus?

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yup. What the firebirds does for wizards is so incredible it makes you wonder how awful the skills have to actually be. I don't know much about the other classes, but are the rest of the classes going from complete shitbirds to absolute gods by getting a set bonus?
It's worst with Wizards and DH and it's exacerbated by the leaderboards. Basically without fb6 for wiz or m6 for DH those classes can barely do T6...but with tanky m6 pieces and a unity pair DH's have the highest GR clears on the leaderboards. Barbs and monks are in similar position set-wise but not quite as bad.

WD's are the outlier in that all their builds are now viable for higher grifts. Jade WDs top out at gr42 and a couple petdocs cleared gr40 recently. Dartdocs can supposedly do 37-38 but I haven't seen any and tank/zdps WD builds are pretty much a requirement for gr40+ groups.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
People will tell you that t6 is impossible for dh wo 6m and 6m makes you go from expert to gr 40, but its really not that dramatic. I went from grift 27 to grift 29 when I first got 6m. Its good, but its not that good, its only good because you just have to focus on not getting hit when you get it.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Stoooooooooked. I had a Ramaschlamadingdong Gift ready to go but only a handful of souls to try to get that sweet +10% dmg roll.
rrr_img_77155.png

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How were wizards doing T6 before the firebird fix this patch? Or barbs before Raekor's? I think people are being unintentionally revisionist.

Silence_sl

shitlord
People will tell you that t6 is impossible for dh wo 6m and 6m makes you go from expert to gr 40, but its really not that dramatic. I went from grift 27 to grift 29 when I first got 6m. Its good, but its not that good, its only good because you just have to focus on not getting hit when you get it.
M6 is pretty good, but it takes a shetload of gear to get good DPS and a reasonable breakpoint level. I'm not even sweating a Unity set+Follower leg for my DH since Vault is just that good. Still need really good rolls on gear + Tasker & Theo and Bomb quiver...pretty tall order. My DH has pretty good gear, but only 2/3rds the DPS of some on the Leaderboards. One of the top DH's has 2700 hours played...I have 30. With TnT and Templar leg, it's a cinch to coast to Grfit 35.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
How were wizards doing T6 before the firebird fix this patch? Or barbs before Raekor's? I think people are being unintentionally revisionist.
Wasn't there a bunch of changes to fire rune of magic missile in 2.1 that nerfed it to the ground ? I think that was used to roll ridiculous damage stacks

And weapon damage had it's own element so Tal Rasha meteors did much more and maybe something I forgot.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Im just getting back into it but I dont think you need M6 for T6 as a DH. A buddy of mine and I were carried through T6's yesterday buy a friend running some weird ass build that threw out slowww lightning balls that were raping and no M6. He was all + lightning and vaulted through the maps doing that LB shit leaving everything dying behind us.

Dont know when they changed Kadala but goddamn she got expensive

@Wiz's in T6, before seasons it was horrible. Wizards could do T6 with the archon build and fire builds but it was no where near as effecient as other classes.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pre-2.1 Wizard: 1h + mirrorball and attack speed is great
Post-2.1 Wizard: 2h and attack speed is shit

There's nothing revisionist about that.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Wasn't there a bunch of changes to fire rune of magic missile in 2.1 that nerfed it to the ground ? I think that was used to roll ridiculous damage stacks

And weapon damage had it's own element so Tal Rasha meteors did much more and maybe something I forgot.
That was on PTR, tuned to reality before 2.1 went live. The DPS is still decently mental, though. My wiz has full set bonuses from Tal's and Firebird's + decently good gear (amazing WoW) and T5 clears are limited to how fast I can run. I run into a big pack of creeps with elites, pop BH then EB...FOOOOOOOOOOOM POPOPOPOPOP all dead. Just that quick. Face tanking doesn't work quite as well in T6 though.