Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Went and played a bit more. Ran a frost build with krider/frostburns/m6/rucksack and a templar w/unity.

My previous high solo grift was 36. I've been really unlucky on grifts in the past, probably could do 38-40 if I worked at it.

Second try on PTR (solo) I beat a 46. Damage done by mobs is definitely less than it was.

DH is *not* ruined. I was using a 2600dps kridershot, and now you can get ancient gear bows that over over 3k dps. So we're going to see people do much higher grifts than previously.

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm
Just got back into this game after a long break. Couple of quick questions. I found a couple of the Ramalandi's Gift or whatever it is that sockets weapons. If I had previously enchanted a weapon to have a socket, would I be able to re-enchant that to get say IAS and then use the gift to resocket it? Or does it only work if it hasn't had a socket at any point?

Lastly, is there an active group/clan playing non seasonal non HC? I'm getting tired of running rifts solo.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
DPS from DH seems really strong on PTR Mud, it feels way stronger than current season. Monks busted up GR45 and Barbs 55 I saw also last night which is insane.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Theorycrafting a bit more with monk builds made realize that the changes to the SWK set basically shit all over generators. Which is a funny juxtaposition to the current SWK, but that is besides the point. I was trying get that build I posted last page to be competitive from a DPS standpoint and just wasn't possible, nowhere near. Seemed like something cool to try because I've never tried a cold monk build nor have I had a Rimeheart drop, so something new to hunt after.

But, the new SWK basically shifts the focus to just the spenders it lists. Damage from other sources is a waste of time, which includes generators and Rimeheart(even with its beefy proc). Kinda sad they can't figure this shit out. For now, I'm planning on this:

Monk - Game Guide - Diablo III

Not sure what to put in the sixth skill slot since I plan to use 4pc innas. Fire with Tzo Krin's Gaze and Cindercoat might be more damage but I don't like its sustain, not much spirit being spent. Lightning would be tops for damage but you'd have to deal with essentially tanking stuff.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Maybe? I'm hoping the reason that Raiment wasn't in the last PTR patch is that they realized that they have said proc sets are dumb and did absolutely nothing to fix that specific problem with the Raiment set. While only kinda fixing that same problem on the SWK set.

The ping pong gameplay on Raiment is really annoying too.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
So sentries will only fire a hatred spender if you fire a hatred spender? That pretty much puts Cindercoat back on top, right?

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Wow.. not sure how much that will affect their dps, but if it really knocks it down like it sounds, then crusaders will be a dime a dozen. I never made a pony build, but my condemn build is pretty good. The thing about gear is though, that with the announcements of the new tier of legendary playing seems pointless until season 2 goes live as nothing you get can possibly be a best in slot item (unless set items do not get buffed stat wise).

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
So sentries will only fire a hatred spender if you fire a hatred spender? That pretty much puts Cindercoat back on top, right?
If you have someone else to put a slow debuff on for cull the weak, I think it could be so. If not, cold might be better (using frostburns). Maybe.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Marauder "nerf"

current ptr m6_sl said:
(2) Set Bonus
Now increases the damage of your Hatred generators by 40% for every Sentry you have active
(6) Set Bonus
Sentries now cast your Hatred spenders every time you do and deal 100% increased damage
next ptr m6_sl said:
2 Piece Bonus
Companion calls all companions to your side.
4 Piece Bonus
Sentries cast your Hatred spender when you do.
6 Piece Bonus
Your generators, Elemental Arrow, Chakram, Impale, Multishot, and Cluster Arrow deal 100% increased damage for every active Sentry.
So, how is that not the same exact thing, in regards to spenders(and obviously a buff for generators)? For any hatred spender, current m6 adds 200% for each sentry. Next iteration will do the same damn thing. Does concentrating ~55% of the overall damage into the DH's spender adjust the damage potential?

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I think that the difference is where that 100% from each active sentry comes from being important. Current season 1 sentries are what gain the benefit (if I am reading it right). The change grants that 100% bonus per sentry now will only come from the character's direct attacks making the sentries not do as much dmg. themselves and force the DH to get closer to the action if they want to do the max damage rather than the fire and forget mentality. Now.. this is of course if I am reading it right. If not, then I dunno.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Apparently the PTR notes aren't even correct. Current iteration 2pc bonus was applying 40% to the spenders too. When you factor in 45% bonus to sentries being multiplicative, this is a 20% - 25% nerf, depending on number of sentries.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I think that the difference is where that 100% from each active sentry comes from being important. Current season 1 sentries are what gain the benefit (if I am reading it right). The change grants that 100% bonus per sentry now will only come from the character's direct attacks making the sentries not do as much dmg. themselves and force the DH to get closer to the action if they want to do the max damage rather than the fire and forget mentality. Now.. this is of course if I am reading it right. If not, then I dunno.
Until you get a Krider shot and spam fire elemental arrow. You can get enough hate to fire a lot of cluster arrows (and they're double what they used to be or something).

I get cluster arrow hits for 300m ish, and I certainly didn't before.

You also get to use something other than TNT, which means cindercoat for fire or frostburns for cold.

It's early, but it works very well.

Also, ENORMOUS community buff on PTR if you play seasons 2. Check it out or miss out.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
No, he's just referring to the turbo boost on Season 2 PTR ONLY:

300% Bonus Experience Earned
2000% Bonus Chance to Find Legendaries
Double Goblins
Double Blood Shards
Just to get people leveled up and testing the season.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Didn't think you would. I might try it out to see how Gungdo Gear plays, constantly reapplying EP is annoying and this kinda solves that. But I'm not going to play Season 2 if Gungdo Gear ends up 'meh'. I think these bracers and a weapon that has a chance to detonate EP would go a long way to making EP a main spender.

To any hardcore players, supposedly Raekor's is causing occasional lag spikes with the density changes. Which is one of the reasons slowball DH was nerfed.

Ichu: yes.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Any other monks been tooling around on the PTR? The community buff is still going, so now is a great time to scratch that itch, if that's all you want. I've been using it to test out the updated SWK and new bracers. And, they're mostly alright. Some idiot dev must have a hard-on for the clone system because it just needs to be dropped. Outside of lightning bells, the clone debuff system feels very clunky. And in many places, it doesn't not come close to hitting the same area your damage spenders are. Oh, and the clone spawns at the mob closest to the cursor, so have fun if you're using a skill the doesn't require the precisest aiming.

I wish they would take the design philosophy from Akkhan's and combine it with the implementation of Raekor's. Akkhan's is great because it combines DPS, sustain, and survivability into one set. It's why no one uses Rolands. I like that Raekor's has a 2/4/5 set bonus structure, allows for much more flexibility in gearing. Make SWK something like +500 Dex/Using a spender decreases the cooldown on Epiphany by 1 second/All spenders do 500% increased damage. Then add 2 more pieces to the set, probably leg, chest, and/or belt.

Gungdo Gear is actually a good piece of gear that needs fixing on the skill side. The problem is not the bracers, but that EP's explosion has a good chance of killing whatever the bracers might spread it to. Thus, chaining explosions is very impractical unless you use fire rune. It works very well in that case. Maybe the other runs should be turned to dots too. I'm assuming the explosion dot from the fire rune stacks.