Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Hey guys, you fired up to play this game in a week? I mean, 4 weeks?

After weighing both options carefully, we have decided to launch patch 2.1.2 three weeks prior to the Season rollover. This should provide players enough time to adjust to the patch changes before the Season ends as well as ensure that Season 1 is not prolonged further for those looking forward to Season 2.
Important Notice: Patch 2.1.2 Season Rollover - General Discussion - Blizz Tracker - Diablo Fans

Ugh. Just release the damn source code already and let the modders go crazy.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
More hilarity from that link:

We could launch patch 2.1.2 before the Season rollover. In this scenario, this would impact Seasonal Leaderboard progression.
Like anyone gives a fuck about a season leaderboard corrupted by OP sets and pylon/zombie hunting.

penalty_sl

shitlord
I think they legit enjoy trolling their fanbase. I just see them posting these updates while huddled around a computer with shit eating grins and cackling at the community reaction.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
The problem is 95% of the player base would be outraged if they didn't post shit like that. Most D3 players actually believe they can compete with the poopsocking exploiters who hit max level 35 minutes in to the new season.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I find it hilarious that they have to roll out 2.1.2 and season 2 at different times due a database problem. 10 years into WoW and this company still hasn't figured out basic database stuff that real companies figured out years ago. How is weekly day-long maintenance still a thing?

And yes, most of the playerbase moved on months ago.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Tbh Deathwing, Blizzard has cut back on weekly day long maintenance a lot since the Cata days, but we get where you are coming from.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah anymore it seems most weeks is just some early morning server rolls. Which implies to me they have some leaky stuff on the backend that they'd prefer to just have 30 mins of maint weekly to fix instead of address the actual leak.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is it really that short? Or is that for another game? I still seem to remember D3 being done for the full day most of the time.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Surprise motherfuckers!
2.1.2 is today, out of nowhere lol

I don't... think this is Season 2 yet though? confusing.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Maint. extended for 2 hours
biggrin.png

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Thinking about playing a monk for season 2 since the rest of my group is playing the other classes I wanted to grab. Any suggestions on good builds when your gear sucks and what items to go for first?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I might log in for 5 minutes, decide I don't want to mess with stash crap, and then meh log out.