Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Xevy

Log Wizard
Decided to play on the PTR. Confirmed even with PTR drop rates, getting gear you actually want is nigh impossible. The game is entirely about gear, not being able to get what you want is not fun. How is this so hard for them to understand?
This is Diablo. It's RNG. If you got what you wanted as fast as you wanted it'd a cool 20 hour game. And PTR buff is nuts, you get fucking 30+ legendaries per t6 rift clear AND double blood shard drops. You can get what you want, it's just going to take like 6 hours. If you can't handle that, rethink playing these games.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Monk on PTR pretty sweet place now. Just rolled a 39 with no Unity or any defensive passives except beacon. Flying Dragon freezing primary build. Pretty awesome.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I swear that's what the title of the post was when I first read it.
Yeah apparently based on reddit they changed the title. I wouldn't be too surprised if they were ending relatively soon though, finish the PTR in 1-2weeks, call the 2weeks warning and go live with the patch. Season 2 ladder is pretty much dead in 4man anyway due to Sever exploit(which has been fixed so basically no one's ever beating the current top), so that only leaves a little bit of stuff.

Also on PTR monks apparently someone cleared GR50 with Thousand Storms build, though should be taken with a grain of salt with the PTR having an exp buff on which I think affects GRift progress. Doesn't look too bad to be honest, a lot more "monk" than the bell shit.

The Master

Bronze Squire
This is Diablo. It's RNG. If you got what you wanted as fast as you wanted it'd a cool 20 hour game. And PTR buff is nuts, you get fucking 30+ legendaries per t6 rift clear AND double blood shard drops. You can get what you want, it's just going to take like 6 hours. If you can't handle that, rethink playing these games.
Lot of assumptions in there. First, in TEN hours of clearing rifts, I didn't get what I wanted on the PTR. Zip. Zilch. Nada. Not one thing I wanted, out of thousands of legos and Bloodshards. In Diablo 2, which I played a ton of, it simply did not take this long to get the gear you wanted to try things out.

The entire game is about gear. Not being able to get the gear you want, as opposed to the enormous amount of trash that no one uses, is not fun. Games are essentially about inconveniencing people in fun ways. Adding more gear makes this problem worse, not better. They need to do something different.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just wait until you understand the implications of there potentially being loot tables and you'll really be disenfranchised!

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So the new patch doesn't overlap with S2 now? So should I just abandon ship completely on S2?

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I think i'll wait for Season 3. As others have said, it is dead and the exploit kinda spoiled the fun. Hopefully they'll have better items in Season 3 too. Very lackluster this time around.

penalty_sl

shitlord
Yea I'm just gonna play gw2 or something else till s3 ships. S2 is just a pointless rehash of s1. 2.2 on a new season is what we all want.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Also on PTR monks apparently someone cleared GR50 with Thousand Storms build, though should be taken with a grain of salt with the PTR having an exp buff on which I think affects GRift progress. Doesn't look too bad to be honest, a lot more "monk" than the bell shit.
I was wondering about this when I watched that WW Barb GR61 solo video. It was impressive, given that he was actually able to kill the RG--even if it was one of the easier ones, he still didn't even try to dodge her slam attack that I thought would one-shot anyone at GR61--but I felt like the progress bar moved way too fast compared to the amount of trash he actually killed. Now that you mention that, it does kind of look like picking up grapes gives much more progress to the bar than on live.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Still, he was face tanking a RG on GR61without Ignore Pain. The toughness you can reach while still doing that much damage is the main boon.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not getting the gear I want for ONE build on ONE character with it literally raining legenedaries after hours on the PTR is an indication of a problem. If a person ONLY wants to play ONE build on ONE character they're already in for a long road unless they get super lucky, why would anyone like me that wants to try multiple builds on multiple characters even bother with the game at this point? To spend 8 hours a day grinding hoping to make progress? This isn't supposed to be an MMO, it's fucking Diablo. They decided they want gear to determine builds rather than just skills, so provide us with the means to get that fucking gear.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I was wondering about this when I watched that WW Barb GR61 solo video. It was impressive, given that he was actually able to kill the RG--even if it was one of the easier ones, he still didn't even try to dodge her slam attack that I thought would one-shot anyone at GR61--but I felt like the progress bar moved way too fast compared to the amount of trash he actually killed. Now that you mention that, it does kind of look like picking up grapes gives much more progress to the bar than on live.
Well the PTR has a 300% xp bonus, which I think is multiplicative, kinda like how the 2000% legendary bonus seems multiplicative. It could be additive but I leveled my Wizard on PTR before I started farming on it, and I went 64-70 in like 20mins with only the leoric ring on master difficulty, which seems way way faster than on live, I was getting like a level per bounty when I think at these levels it's usually slower(but then again I don't remember for sure).

So I wouldn't necessarily expect a 61 clear at the same speed, especially if they end up nerfing shit anyway. Plus it'll take a while to find the same items on a live server.

It's still impressive though and no other class comes close I think, the second highest is like 54 with Wizard iirc. Which is interesting on its own, since Wizards were fairly garbage pre 2.2 but that Tal Rasha stuff is brutal damage(though it was nerfed so the clear might have been prenerf not sure).

And yeah on loot I'm not a big fan of live drop rates still. It's obviously a ton better than a long time ago, but then again back in 1.0, rares were actually useful. Rares are literally shit nowadays, they're worth even less than blues and whites cause those are actually rare that the crafting materials from salvaging them is worth it, while rares you just stop looting after a while cause there's no fucking point. And then you have a bunch of worthless legendaries(no special affix or terrible affixes, although they've been working on fixing some of them this patch). And only then can you get maybe the good stuff, but it's just for the bonus at this point, since the odds of finding it with an Ancient tag and well rolled is stupidly low. There's so much RNG on top of RNG, I don't get why the initial acquisition RNG has to be so shit. It's not like if you found 1piece of your set every 10mins you wouldn't need like 300hours to actually get all ancients with good rolls and the right stats(especially shitty slots like amulet/gloves/rings that need to roll very specific affixes or be shit).

It's especially bad since they put all the power on sets. Builds are sets and sets are builds, you can't make a build that isn't based on a specific set because sets are so strong they entirely define your class viable builds, at least past T6. And sets obviously mean you need to find several "legendaries" in specific slots to actually complete your set. Some classes are barely even viable before they finish the full 6pc(like crusaders).

Kadala is supposed to help since you can gamble specific slots but the loot tables are so large for a given slot, especially when you have a class specific item for that slot that it's almost fucking useless.

And then they make some legendaries more rare, for no fucking reason at all.

I still think their system is fucked, considering the lack of trading. Lack of trading is more than fine, but shit should be raining down, it's not like people will get perfect gear unless insane RNG or playing 3months or whatever, which is the length of a season. A lot of those people pushing high GR that play 10+ hours a day aren't even close to max gear. They have all the pieces, but the rolls aren't perfect and not everything is ancient and shit like that.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Still, he was face tanking a RG on GR61without Ignore Pain. The toughness you can reach while still doing that much damage is the main boon.
He did have 50% DR(Striding Giant), 50% DR(Unity), and 40% DR(WoTW 4 piece) though, which is much more than you can get live. And the cheat death passive. Either way, I hope they leave it. Melee classes are supposed to be able to take a beating, it really helps how the class feels if you can just wade into shit like that.

I'm wondering how much damage a build like that will take from melee. The Crushing Advance rune on Overpower might be more mitigation than War Cry.

I've been doing some calculations for Bloodshed and it just feels like an underwhelming source of damage due dots, other procs, and pets not be able to proc. Plus WW's proc coefficient blows. Not sure what else to run in that slot though. Still kinda need Battle Rage for LPFS recovery. This is assuming no RLTW because the nados don't do that much damage and movement speed isn't as much a factor in high grifts.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Even though Barb has been my class since before day 1 of D3, I really think they need to tone down the damage a bit. No way can they give that much damage resist without ignore pain and still have us doing insane damage. Unless they buff every other class to be within 5ish GR lvls.

I love the fact that people are enjoying Barbs, but the game is going to get stale if everyone is playing one. At least there may be some build diversity this time around.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Players DPS I'm less concerned about. I just want to be able to progress in grifts without shit one shotting me. Avoiding damage at all costs is not a fun game and some classes have much better tools for that than others.

In the long run, dps/toughness/recovery need to scale a bit more 1:1:1, or at least relative to grift scaling. Legendary gems might be able to accomplish this, but I don't think even they are powerful enough to fix that.