Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think it just comes down to Guardians have too much HP for you not to spec for balls-out damage. So unless they fundamentally change some things the best way to poopsock will still be to just spec/gear for complete damage and hope you get an easy rift. Really as long as items and skills like Unity and CotA exist which effectively double your toughness it is a very awkward line to tow. IMO just get rid of those items and skills that so completely modify your toughness and the rift scaling would be easier to balance. Like I've said before I don't find higher GRs fun. I like running into a pack of shit, taking some damage but making them explode faster. Which is why I usually prefer to just faceroll normal rifts. Playing ring-around-the-rosey with the mobs and just kiting them until my cooldowns come back up isn't fun in the least.

Things that probably need to be looked at in the next expansion, IMO, are CDR and these massive mitigation skills and items. It makes balancing the game very difficult. CDR because they can balance a skill based upon it being up once every 2 minutes or so but people just stack CDR so much these skills start becoming abusive.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sticking to the current Primary/Secondary 6-affix paradigm none of those fixes are going to work. 7 affix and an Offensive/Defensive split might offer more flexibility but that would require an expansion level recalc that isn't going to happen in a patch.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Explains why the bank merges happened last night. Also why my best solo rift was reset.

1000 Storms set doesn't seem viable to me. First of all to trigger the effect you have to use a generator. So you have 3 seconds of dashing for 500m-1billion a hit, then 1-2 seconds of downtime to reset it. Hopefully you don't get face raped in that time. With a good set and a primary dmg build you can just sit there and wail on shit for easily 300m sustained damage. I did a test yesterday on guardian and I was doing that much and I had 0 flying dragon procs. 1000 Storms would only be viable if they made the buff go from 3 seconds to 10 or just removed the generator requirement to begin with.

Got to 12million char sheet with a power pylon yesterday. Having that kind of (though situational) damage AND being super durable is awesome. It's how Monks should've been for the last two years. I'm super tanky, but can die. I do great sustained damage, but not burst Wizard comet damage. I have utility, but I'm not confuse stunlocking like a WD. If they manage to do this kind of balance for each class you may have 4 man's that aren't 1-2 'bitch' specs and 2 DPSers. Might just be 4 DPSers and skill.

Xevy

Log Wizard
People who hate lack of drops should just play PTR since the 2000% buff is usually on. Still rankings and everything!

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I didn't have much drive to play S2 before, and I certainly don't now. No idea why they patched late in S1 but won't patch during S2.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
People who hate lack of drops should just play PTR since the 2000% buff is usually on. Still rankings and everything!
And since the PTR is running on a Commodore 64, the challenging gameplay is still there! RNG loot is replaced by RNG lag.

Unrelated: decided to try one of the CA rocket builds since MS Arsenal was feeling a bit week. I decided Hexing pants were the least worst of two bad options, the other being Pride's Fall. I'm too sloppy with my gameplay to avoid every bit of damage. This led to learning how fucking annoying it is to hold down 'force move' and 'force standstill' so you can be on the move at all times and still fire your LMB skill targetless.

So.....that numlock trick monks use for sweeping winds also works for 'force move'. I'm sure this will reveal itself as a dumb idea in the future, but I haven't experienced it yet. It's a tad annoying to pick up loot, but that's about it. The class plays so much better if you're always moving.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Played a PTR barb & monk for a bit and the two things I noticed the most.

FC barbs, disable fullscreen windowed, holy god did that make QoL improvements.
Monk didn't see much other than a gift & inna's boots + pants, but comparatively for bells & torch it felt like the double ally > 2 piece bonus. Looking forward to trying the other sets though

Xevy

Log Wizard
Well PTR is lag free for me except actual server lag earlier. I took Mist's advice and turned off my in game sound and I have had 0 chop since then.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well PTR is lag free for me except actual server lag earlier. I took Mist's advice and turned off my in game sound and I have had 0 chop since then.
They fixed the client like a week ago or so in a mini update, works fine now yeah. Servers on the other hand are fucking shit now. I keep lagging out.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Did some Grifts with my garbage geared Wiz with the new set, it was pretty alright. I have a 3000DPS ancient wand(random wand with no actual affixes), Triumvirate, 5pc Delsere+garbage RoRG I took from my WD now that the thingies are merged, Slow Time helm, Energy Vortex bracers, garbage Unity with Unity on immortal templar, the blind belt which I found an ancient and like level 1 myrdanae legendary gem(the smite one) cause I don't have shit for gems anyway, though bane of the trapped would have been a lot better if it didn't involve 15mins to get it from my other char. So yeah anyway, not optimal gear or very good at all really.

I went with arcane build even though I didn't have much arcane damage, it's just as a general build stuff. Prismatic Armor for defenses, also Blur and the one where you stand still, Glass Cannon and Audacity for the other 2 though the shield one is great for killing trash(but not so great for RG). For skills I went with Arcane Orb with the Annihilation rune I think it is, the one that increases dmg a lot but reduce aoe, Wicked Wind Energy Vortex, Slow Time(rune doesn't matter), Blink Safe Passage and Shock Pulse with arcane rune for AP regen. Was getting 500-600millions arcane orb crits with that setup, and energy vortex wicked wind lets you stack mobs all in one neat pack to die instantly with the bracers.

The thing I didn't know before I tried Triumvirate is it's a buff that doesn't get consumed, so you just need to cast Shock Pulse every 3secs once, which you need to do for AP anyway, and you keep a permanent 225% arcane orb damage, on top of the whatever % on Slow Time, and it hits for 800%wpn dmg with the rune, so it does really serious damage. Slow Time with all the runes is also pretty strong, increases damage taken, reduces damage done and the stun on the edge can be used to interupt stuff and just CC a bit, since you can drop slow time so the edge stun hits right away and the cooldown resets super fast with the set bonus while you're casting stuff.

Still think Tal Rasha is more damage, but I like the utility of Slow Time, it really does a lot of stuff with all runes activated.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I haven't been on the PTR for 2.2 this time around. Is Raekors FC build still viable or is it all WW or IK now?

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I haven't been on the PTR for 2.2 this time around. Is Raekors FC build still viable or is it all WW or IK now?
I imagine FC will still be viable to a point. The problem with FC has always been rift guardian kill speed where WW/IC excel compared to charge.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
In the current state, no. You can apparently do FC better with the IK set than you can with Raekor. That's what I'm reading at least, but yeah it's pretty dumb. Result is even if you want to FC, you're better off switching to IK. And FC isn't really anywhere as good as the other options either, especially for single target.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Does anyone main a WD? Thinkin about givin it a try in the next season. Curious if any of you WD lovers have any opinions on what the next season will be like.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Does anyone main a WD? Thinkin about givin it a try in the next season. Curious if any of you WD lovers have any opinions on what the next season will be like.
I wouldn't say I main wd, but I played one this season and I regret it, no clue whats in store for them season 3 though. I just find them really boring to play, pets are kinda lame (are they even viable in high grifts?, I don't know) and none of their spenders feel as if they are worth casting. Their main purpose is utility so if you didn't mind being the bard buff bot you may not mind playing wd.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I started a WD for S2. Regretted it pretty quickly since pet specs are meh and didn't like the jade paystyle. NOw I just play him if my normal group of friends I play with need a support for grifts and even then it's meh because I don't have a SMK.