Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That new knife belt thing isn't too bad if you have high attack speed(like if you're doing a skull grasp build, or whichever ring it is that gives 100%crit), it fires a knife on every attack that pierces and does ~600%dmg, adds quite a lot of damage per hit. I guess it depends on what class you're playing and the belt choices though, sets are so strong there's not much room for other shit and it's not like crazy good, but it's a lot better. Fox Paulds and the FoK shoulders are also better, though not nearly at the same level I think.
Buffing old legendaries is good and I'm glad they've thought about it. But, I think the old ICD mechanic, which is usually 1/APS, will still ruin a lot these. 600% piercing knife per attack sounds good until you realize you only get one per APS, not one per tick per target like WW might lead you to think. I tried the buffed Andy's helm last night and was underwhelmed. Much less green than I was expecting.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Buffing old legendaries is good and I'm glad they've thought about it. But, I think the old ICD mechanic, which is usually 1/APS, will still ruin a lot these. 600% piercing knife per attack sounds good until you realize you only get one per APS, not one per tick per target like WW might lead you to think. I tried the buffed Andy's helm last night and was underwhelmed. Much less green than I was expecting.
Yeah well it's not great, it's just a lot better and they don't feel like garbage legendaries. Though at the end of the day, you probably won't use any of them past the gearing phase because sets are just way too good, and you're extremely limited in your slot choices by either other mandatory legendary that go with the set or by freeing a ring slot from rorg by using another armor slot. On that note, I don't have a fucking rorg on my stupid PTR copy, which fucking sucks cause farming bounties when it takes 5mins to make a torment 6 game is the worst. I have 5pc delsere and 5pc tal rasha, can't fucking find the 6th and farming the ring looks awful. Then again I don't really know why I'll bother, I should probably just wait until season 3.

I think I'll just check Grim Dawn's new shit and grab Ace Attorney trilogy sale tomorrow and play that until Type 0 and then Bloodborne/Eternity. Way too much shit to play this month, it's like fucking video game christmas.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Ffffffff. Nerfing the cursed cellar pleveling spot. Been using that since RoS came out. Such sad. It was so safe and pretty fast so it was viable in hardcore.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not sure the updated WW set will be as good as IK for progression, but IK might get nerfed. The Insanity rune wasn't applying at all last night and I was still able to clear a 47 grift with regular weapons.

But, the WW set looks pretty good for speed farming. It looks enticing for the amount damage spread you can get with new dust devils. The pattern is predictable, I believe they shoot out in the opposite direction you're spinning. So, just spin around in tight circles in a general direction and you'll push 2500% WD tornados in pretty much every direction.

Marathon(40%) + Chilanik's(40%) + Bul Kathos(30%) + gear/paragon(25%) + Boon of the Hoarder(30%) + Lightning Wreath(25%) = 190% movement speed increase. I think a Crusader's steed charge is 150%. I used marathon instead of RLTW because those 60% tornados are going to do shit versus dust devils. That's the only real flaw I can find with the new WW set, too much damage emphasis into one WW rune. Makes stuff like the new WW ring useless. Or anything really that procs.

That, and IK is still much better at progression. But that's probably an IK problem.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I'm not sure the updated WW set will be as good as IK for progression, but IK might get nerfed. The Insanity rune wasn't applying at all last night and I was still able to clear a 47 grift with regular weapons.

But, the WW set looks pretty good for speed farming. It looks enticing for the amount damage spread you can get with new dust devils. The pattern is predictable, I believe they shoot out in the opposite direction you're spinning. So, just spin around in tight circles in a general direction and you'll push 2500% WD tornados in pretty much every direction.

Marathon(40%) + Chilanik's(40%) + Bul Kathos(30%) + gear/paragon(25%) + Boon of the Hoarder(30%) + Lightning Wreath(25%) = 190% movement speed increase. I think a Crusader's steed charge is 150%. I used marathon instead of RLTW because those 60% tornados are going to do shit versus dust devils. That's the only real flaw I can find with the new WW set, too much damage emphasis into one WW rune. Makes stuff like the new WW ring useless. Or anything really that procs.

That, and IK is still much better at progression. But that's probably an IK problem.
Just T6, but pretty exciting if they don't nerf anything.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Didn't see anyone mention this:

Nephalem Rifts
You can now increase your Blood Shard cap by achieving a personal best in Solo Greater Rifts
The cap will be increased by 10 shards per Greater Rift level completed

Interesting way to do it but I wish they were just no cap period.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Ah I wasn't sure if you were trying to compare for GRift progression or just facerolling T6. Bosses aren't really an issue on T6 for Raekor's but certainly for higher GR.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Basically just wanted to show the video to brainstorm. The guy in the video said the gear wasn't optimized or anything and all 3 runs were first tries with that gear set. Though those T6 rifts were done in a few minutes time which is mostly on par with charge barbs.

I will probably be playing HC again next season so I usually am watching for how well they survive when it comes to these things. Just having the ancients out full time is great for soaking up electrified.

Tenks

D3 is my "turn off my brain and just play" game so I don't think I'll ever go HC. It seems fun as fuck but I'd get way too raged if I lost a geared toon.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Didn't see anyone mention this:

Nephalem Rifts
You can now increase your Blood Shard cap by achieving a personal best in Solo Greater Rifts
The cap will be increased by 10 shards per Greater Rift level completed

Interesting way to do it but I wish they were just no cap period.
Hardly worth mentioning, if you can complete gr 50 you can hold a whole extra 500 shards! The cap needed to be increased x5 when they increased cost x5.

Tenks

I guess they want to keep a cap so you can't just level a toon and drop 30k worth of blood shards on him and have a GR 35 viable toon?

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
I guess they want to keep a cap so you can't just level a toon and drop 30k worth of blood shards on him and have a GR 35 viable toon?
Current system doesn't stop me from doing that, it just changes how frequently I have to switch characters.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think the cap is there so you don't stockpile blood shards until a new patch is dropped and you gamble yourself all the new legendaries. Not sure who even cares, but the D3 team is pretty out of touch with the playerbase in terms of quality of life.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
So apparently they're trying to keep the hype train going by making the hype train arrive early.

Blue Post_sl said:
We've been thrilled to see so many players actively participating in Season 2 as well as on the PTR for our upcoming 2.2.0 patch. Your feedback has been integral in the great strides we've made towards not only our next patch, but our next Season. As we previously mentioned during our most recent Tavern Talk, we want to ensure our patching schedule provides the best player experience possible while allowing us to provide updates in a timely fashion. To facilitate this, we're moving towards the following model:

End the current Season
Launch our latest patch
Begin the next Season

We received a lot of feedback during Season 1 that thirty days was too long a time frame for an end of season announcement. For Season 2, we'd like to instead provide a two week notice. At the time of that notice, we will also provide the exact times that Season 2 will end as well as the date and exact times that Season 3 will begin.

Please note that this post is not the two-week warning. While we don't have that information to share with you today, we want those of you participating in the current Season to know what to expect moving forward so you might plan accordingly to meet your Seasonal goals.

In the meantime, we wish all Season 2 challengers the best of luck, whether it's knocking out a Conquest, putting together your perfect set of gear, seeing how high you can get in Greater Rifts, or wherever your adventures may take you.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Basically just wanted to show the video to brainstorm. The guy in the video said the gear wasn't optimized or anything and all 3 runs were first tries with that gear set. Though those T6 rifts were done in a few minutes time which is mostly on par with charge barbs.
Definitely not optimized. He was easily missing out on ~70% movespeed and was killing shit he didn't need to.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Decided to play on the PTR. Confirmed even with PTR drop rates, getting gear you actually want is nigh impossible. The game is entirely about gear, not being able to get what you want is not fun. How is this so hard for them to understand?