Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Grats my non-season stash.

primal_sparkler.jpg

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Apparently TurboHUD is dead? TBH I rarely ever played but that shit made the game so much more playable. Just having CD on abilities, and the icons on gear for cube and ancient are such big QoL things that I don't know if I can bother playing without.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Apparently TurboHUD is dead? TBH I rarely ever played but that shit made the game so much more playable. Just having CD on abilities, and the icons on gear for cube and ancient are such big QoL things that I don't know if I can bother playing without.
They baked those things into the game though.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The grey shadow shit isn't nearly as useful as a number for cooldown, and there is definitely nothing on gear when I look at the icon that just indicates hey this is ancient, you have to actually mouseover and read it. I don't think the cube icon is a thing in game either

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone know if primals can proc from the cube reroll? Didn't see it mentioned in the patch notes and it doesn't have the red text 'cannot roll ancient' like the other cube recipe.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Anyone know if primals can proc from the cube reroll? Didn't see it mentioned in the patch notes and it doesn't have the red text 'cannot roll ancient' like the other cube recipe.

I think just from upgrades?

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yah i got a primal off the "reforge legendaries" recipe.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Season 10 starts tonight. Busy weekend for me, but hopefully I'll have a chance to run to 70 while everyone is doing it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Still working PoE League. Wonder if I can finish that up and still place on leaderboards a week later(just doing the season journey) in this.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I will be too. TH isn't dead, though. Unless people don't use it anymore because you can be caught now or something (?)

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ill be playing at the start of this season too. Always like the start. I usually get to 500-700 para and then drift off. McFly#1102 PM me if you wanna team up at any point. Think I'm running Monk this season.

Edit, rolled Barb again. Even though it's rough getting going still enjoy the speed farming that Barbs can do.

Last edited:

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I haven't been around D3 much in a while. Came back for the retro stuff but friends wanted to run this season so no big deal. I always like D3 and it's therapeutic in a Dynasty Warriors kind of way at times.

So... that Season 10 Journey Tracker looks pretty well crazy. How does a person every get started now a days? If you make a season character do you just start heading through the story and clear everything and then begin working your way through the other stuff?

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Generally you want to skip the story and just do adventure mode. After day like 3 of a season it's pretty easy to get power leveled to 70, so you just do that and go for the first 4 chapters of the journey to get your free set, then farm bounties/rifts/greater rifts in whatever cycle of life you prefer to get legendary gems, ancient weapons, and whatever set you prefer. There's not really a set progression rule once you're 70 and have your free set pieces, it depends on what luck you have with drops more than anything.

E.g. I'm gated on progressing right now by not having ancient Shenlong's, I'm been farming rifts like crazy for mats to craft / reroll / gamble for them and no luck after ~40 or so copies of them, which is frankly absurd. But all I can do is keep at it for now.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
E.g. I'm gated on progressing right now by not having ancient Shenlong's, I'm been farming rifts like crazy for mats to craft / reroll / gamble for them and no luck after ~40 or so copies of them, which is frankly absurd. But all I can do is keep at it for now.

The method I've used to attain that frigging unicorn of an ancient weapon each season is first using the cube to upgrade rares to legendaries.

I keep upgrading rares to legendaries until I have two of the item I want to get to ancient.

Then I take the crappiest weapon of those two and reroll its stats in the cube and piss away all my bounty mats. I hate farming bounties

I compare the newly rerolled weapon with the other one I made, keep/use the best one and roll the stats again on the shitty one. A few seasons back I got to skip this horrible cycle of pain by getting lucky on one of my original rare->leg upgrades when it spawned a proper ancient weapon with good stats. Normally I have to create about 10-20 weapons and then reroll one of those about a dozen times. This current season wasn't too painful. It took about 16 upgrades to get my 2 daggers and my 4th reroll spawned as ancient.

I save my blood shards for the 25 cost armor slots and such and try to force Kadala to fart out ancient armors.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The method I've used to attain that frigging unicorn of an ancient weapon each season is first using the cube to upgrade rares to legendaries.

I have all the armor pieces I need, a lot of them ancient, with only having spent about 1600 shards on armor. The rest went to rings until I got what I needed (which was like day 2 1/2) and then 1H weapons. What I was saying is, I have my Shenlong's weapons, but trying to get them ancient, I've had godawful luck. I've rerolled 19 times in cube, no legendary. I've seen somewhere between 15-20 more Shenlong's via upgrading rares and shards, and no ancient. There's not any reason to even look at non-ancient ones because I have ancient weapons for LTK so without Ancient Shenlongs I won't even get close to the same GR as I already can do. ~40 rolls with 0 ancients is pretty poor luck and I frigging need 2 of them.

Without Ancient weapons, other pieces are irrelevant, so all my resources are being dumped into them to no avail right now. I was thinking I would go all the way this season again but this is the worst luck I've had and not sure it's worth the time anymore.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've gotten TONS of junk ancients, which is why I had the ~1000 brimstone or whatever it's called now to reroll so many times. I've also been running a sages set in T11 rifts to rare-upgrade as much as possible. RNG just gonna RNG ultimately.

There should be a cube recipe where you can combine ~10-15 of the same legendary item into itself to get an ancient version. Essentially a pity timer for specific ancient weapons, since they're largely still the single most important part of gearing specific builds.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So how does Bane of the Stricken work with WD? When the pets hit does it count for that? If a mob gets hit by say all 3 darts of spliter poison dart is it 3 hits?