Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
Nah, only do the campaign if you want to experience the content. You can get stuff like the cube in adventure mode anyway.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In any town talk to Kulle. Then go to the new zone in the upper right corner in act 3 (?). Find the next zone, find the cube and return to town.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Oh, I also haven't done the campaign. Do I need to do That? I'm guessing that the campaign is where the cube comes from

I think you have to do the campaign once, season or non-season, to unlock adventure mode permanently. You do not have to do it once a season (thankfully).

• 1Like

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
In any town talk to Kulle. Then go to the new zone in the upper right corner in act 3 (?). Find the next zone, find the cube and return to town.

Correct. Ruins of Sescheron is the waypoint, and you want to continue on the main path until you find the Inner Sanctum. If you immediately go into a cave that goes to a wintery forest, you've chosen the wrong way.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Second time I've just given up on the witch doctor before finishing the season journey. I think I tried the first time back in season 5, so Arachyr and HT Garg are the most recent improvements/additions.

I don't understand how players push grifts with builds that depend on pets to do the majority of their damage. They're frustratingly dumb and attack the wrong shit.

The base mechanics for many witch doctor builds is quite clunky. The survivability of firebats depends on you standing still and channeling. Paradoxically, moving to avoid shit is actually risky. Or stopping casting to refresh your hex DR. It's essentially the same reason most WW barbs don't use rend, but at least they aren't rooted.

Ring of Emptiness is enticing, but getting pestilence and a few haunts up after melee contact on a new pack is extremely dangerous. I had to switch to using Spirit Walk preemptively which just feels wrong. A lot of WD builds have this general problem where it requires you to do risky stuff in quasi melee range while not offering much to survive that danger.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Second time I've just given up on the witch doctor before finishing the season journey. I think I tried the first time back in season 5, so Arachyr and HT Garg are the most recent improvements/additions.

I don't understand how players push grifts with builds that depend on pets to do the majority of their damage. They're frustratingly dumb and attack the wrong shit.

The base mechanics for many witch doctor builds is quite clunky. The survivability of firebats depends on you standing still and channeling. Paradoxically, moving to avoid shit is actually risky. Or stopping casting to refresh your hex DR. It's essentially the same reason most WW barbs don't use rend, but at least they aren't rooted.

Ring of Emptiness is enticing, but getting pestilence and a few haunts up after melee contact on a new pack is extremely dangerous. I had to switch to using Spirit Walk preemptively which just feels wrong. A lot of WD builds have this general problem where it requires you to do risky stuff in quasi melee range while not offering much to survive that danger.
I agree with all this. The speed build using manajumas knife set is pretty entertaining, but fire bats build is only used when I'm with my support monk friend.

I don't know why I just didn't play a dh. I know how good they are like every season and even better this season because of impale.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The pet build is fine. It uses In Geom so you can summon your gargantuan who cleaves on top of every boss.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not a huge fan of In Geom, but I was using Grave Injustice to constantly resummon them when playing the HT Garg build. Pet stupidity aside, it's a really boring build. Even with In-Geom up allowing you to spam your Fire Walls, they are just tickling the enemy so it's like why even bother?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Im having a lot of fun with the wizard.

I really only played a witch doctor before. As much as I love having pets and minions in games, everything in Diablo just happens too fast for me to enjoying rolling through hordes with my posse.

I think I'll try a demon hunter next.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thanks Mudcrush Durtfeet Mudcrush Durtfeet for the DH PL! Was getting pissed at my WD, and Mud just happen to be on. Got me to 70 and ran me through some Grifts.

And holy Balls. DH is OP! Hit full set of Shadow, and I'm up to Grift 50 (T11) so far , and I did that in 5 minutes...

Also, what is it that made my hatred no longer an issue? I didn't have holy point shot, so I was throwing just 1 impale at a time. Get holy point shot, and now hatred is never a problem. Not sure why? I get that if I hit mobs I get refund on Hatred, but not sure how that works when shits still dying so fast.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Your ricochet does next to no damage but still counts as impaling something, so when the ricocheted targets get it again, they return hatred.