Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Serious question.

Is this game even worth playing on softcore? Seems like a waste of time now that its easier, with better drops.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If you enjoy the game keep playing. If you don't then don't play. Not sure why you need all of us to let you know what is fun or not.

Hakot_sl

shitlord
A hearty, "fuck off you won't be missed" to Jay Wilson.

Cockteases at Blizzard giving me hope the game has a chance now.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Phineas-1798/

Stripped the barb before I quit so thats just whatever she had left. Didn't bother stripping the DH or Wiz cause they were janked.

I'd probably be most interested in running the barb again. Special place in my heart since I actually beat pre-nerf Diablo with her
So the bad news is that all your gear needs to be replaced, you missed the period of duped gems so perfect gems are very expensive and barbs are crying because they suck in pvp.

The good news is that barbs absolutely rape pve. You have few paths you can go, rend/seismic slam/hota or ww/run like the wind. Take a look at tenks or haast's profile for gearing, spec of the former.

WW is much less straight forward as far as gear goes but it absolutely destroys everything. You'll need to get familiar withwww.d3rawr.comand I recommend plugging in items before buying on the AH.

The build basically functions as you use run like the wind to do damage, and ww is mainly for mobility. It excels because with proper gearing you can use battle rage to generate enough fury to keep wrath of the berserker up for the entire time you are playing.

So basic gear advice: You'll want to get at least 24% movement speed, 25% Crit chance from gear, and be able to hit 2.23 attacks per second with WotB up. (At 2.23 aps your tornadoes will tick 7.5 times a second)

Weapons: Main hand- 1 handed mace with around the 600-1200 damage range (pay no attention to dps), after that you want +str, % Life steal, CD% and or a socket. Each secondary stat will increase the cost quite a bit.

Offhand - Echoing fury with +150ish str, +.24 attacks per second (The attacks per second here is key) Also ww and run like the wind do damage based on your mainhand weapon. So the dps here is of no consequence.

Armor- Get two pieces of the IK set, I'd recommend the chest and the belt. Make sure the belt has close to 3% life steal. Get at least +16% IAS on gear.

You should be able to build a good set for 50m. Spend a decent amount of time on the AH before you buy anything to get a good idea about prices.

Tenks

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Phineas-1798/

Stripped the barb before I quit so thats just whatever she had left. Didn't bother stripping the DH or Wiz cause they were janked.

I'd probably be most interested in running the barb again. Special place in my heart since I actually beat pre-nerf Diablo with her
Bad news is not a single piece of your gear is worth keeping.

The good news "high end rolls" from when you quit that would fetch 20M+ now cost 200k. You can get yourself a low-end Skorn for under 500K to be your weapon and buy Str/vit/ra rares to get you by if you want to go my spec. I find WW is far less forgiving if your gear sucks.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/M...1/hero/1724585

-edit-

Ishad had good advice. You should know how that the modern Barbarian favors damage more than survivability. It is a complete 180 from when you played.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider

Theres 2 sides to it. On one hand i wish he walked the plank a week after the terrible clusterfuck they called a ''will release when its ready''. On the other hand, i liked knowing where the hell he was and what he was touching. Now not only do i not know wtf was he moved on to, but theres also the possibility he ends up on titan.

The only projet id feel safe to know hes the head of is something like janitor of blizz hq.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Went with rend, fucked around a bit in act 3 on mp0. I copied Tenks current build and I definitely don't get much extra time out of wrath. Aside from that it was a blast, although mp0 so obviously a faceroll. I'll try ramping it up tomorrow.

Angry Amadeus_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_9572.jpg

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Theres 2 sides to it. On one hand i wish he walked the plank a week after the terrible clusterfuck they called a ''will release when its ready''. On the other hand, i liked knowing where the hell he was and what he was touching. Now not only do i not know wtf was he moved on to, but theres also the possibility he ends up on titan.

The only projet id feel safe to know hes the head of is something like janitor of blizz hq.
There's some truth in this farewell letter though, if Blizzard releases a "bad" game, they will do their best to fix it.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Just hope they announce what project JW is being moved to, so I can avoid it as the plague.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well, what else but Titan. It's announced as a casual mmo, he has experience with the RMAH in diablo which is a perfect experiment for a slightly different F2P model where instead of selling cosmetics, they take a cut on everything you sell ingame. Seems like a match made in heaven. Also seems like the worst fucking idea ever, as a gamer.

It's really sad that Blizzard has spent so long and probably so much money into Diablo and they couldn't even make something that is close to as good as 2 other ARPGs made by much much much smaller studios with way less ambitions(TL2 and PoE), let alone the original. I guess it's better now I don't know I wanted to play it but I logged in, played for 5mins then logged off. I found checking my friend's list funny though, it's mostly people from the FoH board and like only one person was online(but he was playing wow) and then you had so many people who hadn't logged in 1-2months or more. Think Kegkilla hadn't logged in 7months or something ^^.

Tenks

Went with rend, fucked around a bit in act 3 on mp0. I copied Tenks current build and I definitely don't get much extra time out of wrath. Aside from that it was a blast, although mp0 so obviously a faceroll. I'll try ramping it up tomorrow.
You need decent crit chance to warrant taking the extra time instead of the flat 100% damage increase. I'd swap out runes until your hota crits reliabally.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You need decent crit chance to warrant taking the extra time instead of the flat 100% damage increase. I'd swap out runes until your hota crits reliabally.
My crit rate is 49% with battle rage. I assume its a mp0 issue, stuff dies too fast. Even most elites pop in a single hota crit.

Tenks

Ok 49% is good enough. Don't forget hota gains 1% crit per 5 rage as well. If you aren't sitting there dropping hotas for like 15 seconds I don't see the point of taking the extension in this build. The extension makes since for WW builds since you're sprinting/WW'ing everywhere and you can get from one mob pack to the next much faster.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
To Tenks, Ishad, barb and/or hardcore players:

Just started playing again after several months. Made a fresh Barb on hardcore with a buddy. Is HC the same in terms of SC in leveling progression or is key farming/infernal machine too dangerous?

I loved my softcore Barb back in the day, but you stated its changed from defensive to offensive, is that the same for hardcore as well? Meaning are those builds viable without ever dying?

Also, is that Hellfire ring transferable to Hardcore? I know the banks/AH are separate, but it says account bound so I wasn't sure if that affix changes things.

Tenks

HC will always favor more defense than offense. Nature of the beast for that side of the fence. If I were a HC player I wouldn't change too much but I'd probably just notch down the MP level I run (probably to 3) and swap out Ruthless and Animosity for defensive passives like Nerves of Steel and Superstition. I don't really die too often unless I just zone out and I get trapped by a waller/molten/desc/arcane and they keep flinch-locking my character so I can't rend/hota.